Favorite discontinued food?

one of the best meals i have ever had at Disney was the pomegranate glazed quail at Jiko many moons ago. I have searched high and wide and cannot find a recipe for it, altho something tells me that Jiko would have it on file somewhere. Maybe I'll go visit down there when i'm there in December.

Lots of these recipes, the griddled pound cake, french toast loaf, etc are to be found on the internet. Google is yer friend. :)

The "Pig Easy" which was served at Boatwrights in the early 90's along with the bottomless salad with Smoked Ranch dressing.

The pan seared ostrich appitizer from Jiko. We can't even come close to re-creating it.

Oh my gosh, this was wonderful! One Diser said that if you had this dish you would never look at ostriches the same way. So true!

Cheese appetizer at 50s Prime Time (I have actually ordered this as my entree when on the dining plan).

Maple BBQ filet mignon with cream cheese mashed potatoes at Le Cellier
(note: it's not on the menu, but last time I was there, I asked if they could make it for me and they did. My DBFF loved it so much (tasted off my plate) that she made us go back again at the end of the trip so she could order it too.)

I miss the jalapeno cheese pretzels they used to have at The Launching Pad in the Magic Kingdom. Used to eat at least a couple each trip.

You can get these at the pretzel cart on the pathway to EE in AK & at Fife and Drum in the American Adventure at EPCOT. :cloud9:

The Ahi Tuna entree they had at Brown Derby up until March of 2010. AMAZING!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter