Fav Quick Service... ?? whats your fav?

I typically do not like CS restaurants in the parks, but BOG lunch is an exception due to the amazing theming. My DH loves the Braised Pork, and for me, the French Onion soup is pretty good.

I find that many CS restaurant prices are actually pretty pricey, and entrees at some TS restaurants are only a couple dollars more. So, I tend to avoid them when possible. My DH and I prefer to do a big TS meal each day and have snacks throughout the day.

Even so, here are some ideas:

Outside of the parks...
  • Contempo Cafe - Many entrees are good - we like the Pot Roast. They have amazing desserts!
  • Disney Springs - Wolfgang Puck Express (SOOOOO good) and Earl of Sandwich. We'll be trying D-Luxe Burger on our next trip, too.

Places I would avoid...
  • COSMIC RAY'S. Ugh, inedible... and it's oftentimes one of the only restaurants open late at night...
  • ABC Commissary in HS. The food took forever (it wasn't a busy time), and everything was dirty. I don't think I can even describe in a polite way what the bathrooms were like...
Willing to try again someday...
  • Flame Tree Barbecue - I went in thinking it would be AMAZING based on all of the things I had read, but it was disappointing. DH and I didn't think the food was anything special.
  • Columbia Harbor House - We went at a busy time. All of the tables were dirty, and we must have been in line for at least half an hour. It wasn't relaxing like I had remembered, but again, I think it was the timing.

I typically do not like CS restaurants in the parks.

I totally agree! Epcot is the primary exception to this of course.

Epcot- Tangerine Cafe and Sunshine Seasons are easily my favourite quick service restaurants in any of the four parks.

MK- I'm not a huge fan of Columbia Harbour House like most people. I find their food a bit too heavy.
Be our Guest if you can get a reservation. I'd personally take the time to ride the monorail to the Poly and have lunch at Capt'n Cooks.

Holywood Studios- I cannot think of any place in particular. What I would suggest is spend a bit more money, surprisingly not a lot, and sit outside at the
Brown Derby Patio, vastly better food than you'd get anywhere else...it's not even close. It's better food than most of the sit-down restaurants on property. They also don't take reservations, so walk-ups work!

Also if you had the energy or wanted to take a lovely boat ride you go to the boardwalk and do the Boardwalk bakery. Which is often very good.

Animal Kingdom- Flametree if you want something very heavy outside at the hottest park on property. Yak & Yeti is OK, as long as you don't order the sandwich, again seating is outside. Satu'li Canteen I'd guess will be the best choice when it opens. It looks like its indoor seating as well, which cannot be said for the other two quick-service spots.

Last edited:
Epcot: Yorkshire County Fish Shop
AK: Yak and Yeti
MK: Sleepy Hollow

Hi! I agree with the pp about checking regularly for reservations....never know when something will pop up! As far as our faves in the parks go....I would have to say Les Halles in France for EPCOT...I LOVE the spinach and goat cheese quiche and strawberry tart <3 (they have other unique offerings too, my whole picky family can find great stuff) Columbia Harbour House in MK....I like that you can get different, healthy sides like steamed broccoli if you are french-fried-out lol. Flame Tree BBQ in AK even walking by this place the smell pulls you in.....although I am looking forward to trying Harambe Market this time (it wasn't there the last time we visited AK) and Backlot express has a good variety at DS.

Saying that, one thing we like to do is hop over to a resort for their CS. For example, when at MK we like to zip over to Captain Cooks at Poly for a lunch....that way you can check out the resort, have a bit of a break from the parks and still be able to hop back over to the same park after lunch (if you don't have a hopper) or use this as a way to break up the day and hop over to a new park(if you do have a hopper)

Oh I almost forgot about DTD. Wolfgang Puck Express is a must do for counter service. Also excellent is Cooks of Dublin.....really all of DTD is a treasure trove of excellent CS dining!

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
Our favs our BOG for lunch, Morocco in Epcot, Wolfgang Puck Cafe in DS, and Katsura Grill.

MK - Pecos Bills, plenty of food to share if you want and we love the Tex/Mex theme.
AK - Yak and Yeti, I can get a fried rice and make a whole meal out of it.
HS - Not really a QS but we love the Brown Derby lounge outside. If not that, then Backlot Express.
Epcot - Anywhere in world showcase. Literally, we love them all but our #1 would be Morocco, #2 GB, #3 Mexico, #4 Japan, #5 China, #6 France. We actually don't eat at the QS in Germany or Italy but love the wine bar in Italy. We don't eat outside of WS when in Epcot, too many good choice there.

Earl of Sandwich in Disney Springs and a shout out to Restaurantosauras at Animal Kingdom, especially if you have a Dino crazed kid like mine!

Magic Kingdom- Pinocchio Village Haus - chicken parm is amazing.
Animal Kingdom - Assuming Yak and Yeti quick service is the same as table service, I'll go with that.
Epcot- the nachos place in Mexico. (I think we were just really hungry that day because when I think about it then nachos were nothing special.)
Hollywood Studios- we didn't have a quick service meal here.

Magic Kingdom- Pinocchio Village Haus - chicken parm is amazing.
Animal Kingdom - Assuming Yak and Yeti quick service is the same as table service, I'll go with that.
Epcot- the nachos place in Mexico. (I think we were just really hungry that day because when I think about it then nachos were nothing special.)
Hollywood Studios- we didn't have a quick service meal here.

It is not. Different menus and operators. Y&Y TS is owned and operated by Landry's. The QS, by Disney.

MK: Cosmic Ray's
EP: Sunshine Seasons
HS: ABC Commissary
AK: Flame Tree BBQ
DS: Earl of Sandwich

Tuna sandwich at Columbia Harbour House and just about anything at Kringla in Norway. We enjoyed Harambe Market and the Backlot Express is normally where I get my one Disney burger of the trip.

Flame Tree BBQ by far if I only have to pick one.C
Also enjoy Sommerfest and Yorkshire Fish House and Cosmic Rays.
I vote for Flame Tree too, but I also really like the Sunshine Seasons food court at Epcot. They have a lot of fresh and healthy choices!

I will always have a soft spot for The Columbia Harbor House on Liberty Square. :idea:

Tucked away in the corner up to the border to Fantasyland, so is often over looked. Nice and air conditioned, so a perfect place to hop in to after the Parade (best viewing area is LS IMHO). :love:

And to my experiences the food have always been well prepared and the fish options are a nice break from the burgers n' fries or pizza slices you usually go through during a theme park day. :fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter