Fastpass

CyndiLouWho

DIS Veteran
Our first day at DLR is this Sunday. Want to make sure I know which rides have FP. I found a thread here on DIS but seem to have some discrepancies with the app.
Please let me know if this correct

DL
Big Thunder Mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Haunted Mansion
Indiana Jones
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
Splash mountain
Hyperspace mountain
Star Tours

DCA
California Screamin
Grizzly River Run
Goofy's Sky School
Radiator Springs Racers
Soarin

Did I miss any?

I'm sure that you have them all as well. Just get your RSR first as they seem to be going fast the past few days.

Is there a map somewhere that shows where the Fastpass kiosks are for each ride or are they all located at the entrance to the rides? I know that the WOC Fastpasses have moved since the last time I was there - where are they distributed now? TIA - it has been 6 years since I've been in DL and I want to be able to enjoy as much as possible.

Is there a map somewhere that shows where the Fastpass kiosks are for each ride or are they all located at the entrance to the rides? I know that the WOC Fastpasses have moved since the last time I was there - where are they distributed now? TIA - it has been 6 years since I've been in DL and I want to be able to enjoy as much as possible.

I would love to know this

Most of them are located near the ride entrance. You might have to look around for a moment but you'll find them pretty easily, and you can always ask the CM at the ride entrance. The one exception that comes to mind is RSR, which has its FP kiosks outside of cars land and off to the side, near bugs land. I think WOC FP are by GRR.

WOC is now in the mobile carts near Little Mermaid. The Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear FP are together next to Buzz. All the other FP in DL are next to the rides. The FP for RSR are near the Tough to be a Bug attraction. The old TOT had it's FP across from the main entrance to the ride, still easy to see. I imagine the new ride will use the same machines. And it looks like Toy Story FP are going in across from the attraction. All other DCA rides are next to the attraction.

They are all pretty close to the rides except RSR. That one will be over by the waterfall in DCA, just past Carthay Circle, by the entrance to a bugs life theater.

Also be careful when getting Star Tours and Buzz lightyear passes. They are side by side and if you are not paying close attention you can mess up and get the wrong one. They usually have a cast member there to help but if they don't, be sure to read the writing on the machine.

Also download the Disney app and start watching to see how fast the passes go throughout the day. Space Mountain and RSR are the fastest to run out with RSR usually out by noon or earlier. Sundays tend to be very crowded so everything will move faster. But note, the two parks are not connected so you could get a RSR pass then go over to Disneyland with a park hopper and get a Space Mountain pass without waiting the two hours.

I am a bit confused. I am a multi time visitor to Disney world but have never been to Disneyland. Is Disneyland still on the old FP system and not on the new FP+ system that Disney world is on? Thanks for any info.

I am a bit confused. I am a multi time visitor to Disney world but have never been to Disneyland. Is Disneyland still on the old FP system and not on the new FP+ system that Disney world is on? Thanks for any info.
That's right, Didneyland doesn't have FP+. It's still on the old paper FP system. Now soon they're going to be adding something new, MaxPass, for an extra fee. It will allow people to use the app to pull FP, but it doesn't sound like it will be anything like FP+.

They are all pretty close to the rides except RSR. That one will be over by the waterfall in DCA, just past Carthay Circle, by the entrance to a bugs life theater.

Also be careful when getting Star Tours and Buzz lightyear passes. They are side by side and if you are not paying close attention you can mess up and get the wrong one. They usually have a cast member there to help but if they don't, be sure to read the writing on the machine.

Also download the Disney app and start watching to see how fast the passes go throughout the day. Space Mountain and RSR are the fastest to run out with RSR usually out by noon or earlier. Sundays tend to be very crowded so everything will move faster. But note, the two parks are not connected so you could get a RSR pass then go over to Disneyland with a park hopper and get a Space Mountain pass without waiting the two hours.
Ok so if I remember old system 1 fastpass at time or 2hrs I'd wait is longer..... so I could get 2 fast passes? At once if I have park hopper? Plus maybe a 3rd with WOC?
Thanks
Kerri

Once you've obtained a FP, you can collect your next FP two hours later or when the FP window opens, whichever comes first. Let's say it's 9:00 am and you obtained a FP with a return time of 10:15 am to 11:15 am. You'll be able to get your next FP at 10:15 am (when the time window for the most recent FP opens). On the other hand, let's say it's 9:00 am and you obtain a FP with a return time of 2:15 pm to 3:15 pm. You'll be able to get your next FP at 11:00 am (two hours after you pulled your most recent FP). (Caveat: You cannot hold two FPs for the same attraction, so if you already have a FP for an attraction, but it's time window has not yet opened, you cannot get another FP for that attraction even if you're eligible to get more FPs.)

The two parks are (at this point) still disconnected, meaning you can get a FP in DL and then "hop" over to DCA and get a FP there without having to wait for the DL FP time window to open or 2-hours. WoC is the only show FP at this point and it's disconnected from the attraction FPs. Meaning you can go to DCA and pull an attraction FP and a WoC FP one after the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter