FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I try to schedule FPs for MNSSHP from 4pm-7pm in Oct and I'm NOT planning to use a day from my multi-day tickets, will MDE allow me to schedule the FPs for this without it counting against my 7 day ticket?
Prior to 2017, yes, this could be done with no problem. Last year, however, folks reported mixed results. Some still had no problems. Some were prevented from booking FPs on a party ticket at all. Some were able to book and later had their last day of FPs canceled (which wasn’t necessarily their party day!). So it will be interesting to see what happens this year. But I’d recommend not counting on it.

No one is having problems with their window opening. As soon as the DSprings Hotel reservation links to your MDX account, it ensures that your 60-day FP booking window opens.

Any onsite person who is a member of the FP booking group opens the 60-day window for everyone else in the group.

That's a relief, thank you so much!

Does FP show availability for a ride if you already have a FP with another ride at that time?
EX: Looking for Thunder Mtn FP for 10 am, already have a FP at 10 am for Space Mtn.
Thanks!

Does FP show availability for a ride if you already have a FP with another ride at that time?
EX: Looking for Thunder Mtn FP for 10 am, already have a FP at 10 am for Space Mtn.
Thanks!
If you are attempting to modify that 10 am FP in your example, yes. If you are modifying a FP at another time, no.

If you are attempting to modify that 10 am FP in your example, yes. If you are modifying a FP at another time, no.

Thanks. I understand the yes part. I now remember I would modify the Space FP to change to Thunder FP. You are saying with the "no, is if I already have a FP for Thunder, and have a FP for Space at 10am, it will not show up availability for Thunder for 10am, unless I modify the Space FP. Right?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks. I understand the yes part. I now remember I would modify the Space FP to change to Thunder FP. But don't understand the "No" part. My mind was thinking of modifying an already FP for Thunder to 10am, when I already have a 10am FP for another ride. Clear as mud??!

Thanks!
The system will not show FP times that conflict with your existing FPs. Let’s say you have a 9 am FP for Splash a 10 am FP for Space and an 11 am FP for PPF. If you try to modify the PPF FP you will not see any FPs available prior to 11 am, as those times are already “booked” in MDX. So even if there are 15 BTMRR FPs open between 9 and 11, you won’t see any of them. Make sense?

If I try to schedule FPs for MNSSHP from 4pm-7pm in Oct and I'm NOT planning to use a day from my multi-day tickets, will MDE allow me to schedule the FPs for this without it counting against my 7 day ticket?

Prior to 2017, yes, this could be done with no problem. Last year, however, folks reported mixed results. Some still had no problems. Some were prevented from booking FPs on a party ticket at all. Some were able to book and later had their last day of FPs canceled (which wasn’t necessarily their party day!). So it will be interesting to see what happens this year. But I’d recommend not counting on it.

If alternate profiles are created in MDX for each member attending a party, the party tickets can be purchased (or if already purchased, they could be reassigned) to those alternate profiles. You’d want to use different names than those of your real profiles to avoid any chance of a helpful Castmember accidentally merging these various profiles.

The issue then becomes having a MB for those alternate profiles to enter the park with as well as tap in to the FP touchpoints. If someone wanted to go this route they would choose to have the tickets (plastic cards) mailed to them when completing the checkout process on the DW website. These tickets (plastic cards) would then be used to enter the party as well as tap in to all FPs booked to those alternate profiles.

I’ve used this method two years in a row for MVMCP and it worked like a charm. No problems booking FP with party tickets and no cancelled FPs. Booked 3 FP each on our real profiles for the park we visited that morning then, booked 3 FP in MK for the party (4pm, 5pm, and 6pm IIRC).

:thanks: That's what I was afraid of. I'll probably just not risk it and plan to show up and take what we can get! Thanks for the info!

If alternate profiles are created in MDX for each member attending a party, the party tickets can be purchased (or if already purchased, they could be reassigned) to those alternate profiles. You’d want to use different names than those of your real profiles to avoid any chance of a helpful Castmember accidentally merging these various profiles.

The issue then becomes having a MB for those alternate profiles to enter the park with as well as tap in to the FP touchpoints. If someone wanted to go this route they would choose to have the tickets (plastic cards) mailed to them when completing the checkout process on the DW website. These tickets (plastic cards) would then be used to enter the party as well as tap in to all FPs booked to those alternate profiles.

I’ve used this method two years in a row for MVMCP and it worked like a charm. No problems booking FP with party tickets and no cancelled FPs. Booked 3 FP each on our real profiles for the park we visited that morning then, booked 3 FP in MK for the party (4pm, 5pm, and 6pm IIRC).

So I just saw this...that is VERY interesting. I may have to try that!! Thank you!! To make sure I understand, you did NOT use a magic band for that ticket only and only used the card to both get in and for the FPs?

and one more question...by alternate profiles, you just mean within the friends and family and not an entirely new account within MDE?

So I just saw this...that is VERY interesting. I may have to try that!! Thank you!! To make sure I understand, you did NOT use a magic band for that ticket only and only used the card to both get in and for the FPs?

Correct.

As an example:
Let’s say you are a family of four and your names are A, B, C, and D. You would need to create four new “people” in your MDX account and their names would be E, F, G, and H. You would then have 8 people total listed in your MDX account.

Purchase (or if already purchased, reassign) party tickets for E, F, G, and H.

A, B, C, and D won’t have party tickets and won’t be attending the party therefore, their Magic Bands would be useless for entering the party and tapping in to FPs. This is why you would need the plastic cards associated with E, F, G, and H’s party tickets. You’d use those cards to enter the party and tap in for FPs.

So basically, for one night (the night of the party) you’d be masquerading as E, F, G, and H.

If staying at an onsite resort, don’t forget to bring at least one of A, B, C, or D’s Magicbands and toss it in your pocket. You’ll need that to unlock your resort room door at the end of the night!!!

and one more question...by alternate profiles, you just mean within the friends and family and not an entirely new account within MDE?
Technically either way would work.

I assume your staying onsite? If so you’d want them to be Friends and Family on your Main MDX account. If your anything like me, you’ve already got a boatload of usernames and passwords to remember in real life. Having them all in one MDX account would mean one less password to remember. Also, you probably already know all onsite guests enjoy a 60-day FP Booking window. But did you know your MDX “Friends and Family” do too?

Last edited:
Technically either way would work.

I assume your staying onsite? If so you’d want them to be freinds an Family on your Main MDX account. If your anything like me, you’ve already got a boatload of usernames and passwords to remember in real life. Having them all in one MDX account would mean one less password to remember. Also, you probably already know all onsite guests enjoy a 60-day FP Booking window. But did you know their MDX “friends and family” do too?

AMEN TO THAT!! I actually would not have known about the friends and family piece...yes, we are staying onsite. I assume we will have our magic bands on anyway, but I will just need to make sure I remember to include those cards in my wallet!!

This is very helpful. thanks so much. I appreciate the fact that others are like me and into the details. The boards is always a great resource for me when trip planning.

Hello everyone. I booked a stay at the DS DoubleTree directly via the Hilton website for our upcoming WDW trip in October. My brother & his family are vacationing w/us, and they booked a stay at the same hotel, but via a WDW travel agent. I've been following the DS Hotels thread closely, but am still a little nervous about the 60-day FP availability when booking directly through Hilton, since it's such a new feature.

If at our 60-day mark (mid-August), my 60 days doesn't open up, can my brother book our FPs for all of us in a worst case scenario? We are linked in MDX via Family and Friends, and our hotel reservations have been loaded in.

I hope that makes sense, and thanks in advance!

If you log onto the website now and go to your planning page (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/plan/), then click on the Make Selection button under Fast Pass you should see a message saying when you can start booking FPs. If I do that it says "You may begin making FastPass+ selections for your vacation on June 3, 2018."

We are staying off site for a week at WH and then onsite, as dvc members for a week. We bought 7 day park tickets. I read the post about fast pass and split onsite and off site stays, but am still confused. Will we be able to book fast passes 30 days out for our off site stay? We are planning to use two park days before we go onsite.

Thank you.

We are staying off site for a week at WH and then onsite, as dvc members for a week. We bought 7 day park tickets. I read the post about fast pass and split onsite and off site stays, but am still confused. Will we be able to book fast passes 30 days out for our off site stay? We are planning to use two park days before we go onsite.

Thank you.
When your 60-day window opens, you book for the offsite and onsite park days - you do not have a 30-day window:
  • Offsite Stay followed by Onsite RO Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Since the offsite stay precedes the onsite RO stay, this window already includes booking for the offsite stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”)each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of theonsite resort. All of this assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter