Fastpass Enforcement coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt it. People believe many different things. If you don't doubt that I really believe this, I'll presume that this explanation has met with your satisfaction, and there will be no further discussion of it.

Oh, I don't doubt that you really believe what you're saying. I'm pretty sure there's a clinical term for that...

I'll slowly back away now and leave you to your own devices. :scared1:

Again, you are correct. Express Plus is a more limited version and the add on price also varies. It can be purchased with single park and park to park passes. We've only purhased VIP tix, so I don't know, if EP can be purchased for single days or must be length of pass.

I've seen the EP priced completely independently of tickets, so it seems you can get it when you want it.

We've never bothered (although we've only been to USF twice since it's inception, at least during normal park hours in my case ;) ). We went at relatively low times and noticeable use of express passes was VERY limited. When it's the cheapest is when you need it the least :)

I
It isn't much of a reservation system, as it is just a FOTL system - you don't need to get a time, you just go up and get on.

I don't think this has been answered yet, but I was asking earlier if there is a reason fastpass, as we know it now, a free system, would go away?

Would a new RFID system or all this other stuff being discussed lead to simply doing away with a basic level free fast pass?

I think that would have the same effect as people using their FP late (which is debateable if there IS an effect). As people miss their window, more FPs are available for later. That would mean more people using FP later because an earlier FP time was not used. Pretty much the same as if the original person used their FP later.

I suppose, but different people right?

I think to do this would require tracking of the FP usage more closely (which would more easily be done when the xPASS tech stuff gets installed, etc.). And then you have some issues to contend with - you "reload" the FP machine with more FPs - but those FPs are for a later time than the ones that weren't used - which means MORE potential FPs used in a given period later on. That essentially creates the same "problem" that just allowing using them late would - you are just trading which people are doing it.

Plus, only a limited number get re-loaded...what should the return time be? Will there be "Fastpass Hawks" waiting for the machines to get reloaded? What happens if a group of 4 only gets 3 then because it ran out again? (oh, yeah...just claim they "lost" one... :) )

Far more complicated than just forgetting them, rolling in a "we know on average this many will go unused" factor into how many are issued, and/or just giving the standby line a break.

:rotfl: to the "lost" comment. And here I thought everyone just ignored that part of the discussion.

I don't disagree with the rest really, but for some reason I imagine a team of PhDs working on NextGen and figure there has got to be a better way to maximize the odds that the majority of FPs that can be issued are actually used.

Has ran it's course and now is getting off the tracks.Good points have been made and has been a good discussion for most part.I know my action will upset some but sorry I feel I need to close thread at this time.Hope you will understand and again sorry if this upsets you. Best Regards Moderator Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter