FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was playing around, I found I had a lot more flexibility for looking at times if I just scheduled my FP+ first, then went and copied that to DH separately, and then again separately copied to my friend (3 adults total). I was practicing with ETWB/Thunder/Space...Thunder and Space had lots of availability, but ETWB I had to do the overlapping times deal (ended up with a 20 min window where all 3 could use the FP).

Is it safe to assume that I should just start with that method (scheduling me, then copying 1 at a time) on the day we do A&E/SDMT?

What do you mean copying? And can I practice prior to my 60 day opening?

I am traveling in mid-April, and with Wishes FPs ending and the possibility of obtaining 4th FPs via a phone maybe impacting SDFPs, I'm a bit unsure of my current plan.

Last April, I did mostly late-morning to mid-afternoon FP's, and had a fair amount of success with subsequent SDFPs, at least in MK. Not sure if that will work as well this year, but just want to confirm my general recollection of things...

On the first page of this thread, it says under Additional/Same Day FP, #10 - All scheduled FP+s can be modified on either the MDX system or at a kiosk.

So, my memory from last year is that if we got to a ride and the standby line was short, we could decide to ride standby and modify the FP to something else later in the day - so still part of our initial three (although always the risk that the standby line would increase while one was in line).

I also recall getting to a ride with a short standby, and riding standby first then using the FP to ride again. I ask because I've read posts where people say that they have "wasted" FPs because the line was short, so not trusting my memory about making changes...

My foggy brain thanks you...

I also recall getting to a ride with a short standby, and riding standby first then using the FP to ride again. I ask because I've read posts where people say that they have "wasted" FPs because the line was short, so not trusting my memory about making changes...
As long as you haven't scanned your MB at the FP tapstile, you can Modify the FP. No need to use one if the Standby wait is 10 minutes or less.

For the SDFP w/extra MBs that you have planned to use:
The in park kiosks won't be affected by the 4th FP from the app. In park FP system is based on RFID to access the set of 3 FPs. Having an MDE account is not necessary - many guests arrive at the park, buy a ticket, enter, and then head to a kiosk: no MDE account needed.

For 4th FP from the app, MDE is necessary and based upon using all 3 FP entitlements before the 4th is issued.

As long as you haven't scanned your MB at the FP tapstile, you can Modify the FP. No need to use one if the Standby wait is 10 minutes or less.

For the SDFP w/extra MBs that you have planned to use:
The in park kiosks won't be affected by the 4th FP from the app. In park FP system is based on RFID to access the set of 3 FPs. Having an MDE account is not necessary - many guests arrive at the park, buy a ticket, enter, and then head to a kiosk: no MDE account needed.

For 4th FP from the app, MDE is necessary and based upon using all 3 FP entitlements before the 4th is issued.

Thank you for your reply, @hiroMYhero!

We weren't planning on using extra MB's for extra FPs (I asked about the extra set from a split stay, but confirmed that they function as clones) - but maybe we should? But just to clarify... I thought you needed to have another MDE account if you purchased additional MB's so that you could link them? Still my foggy brain persists...

I thought you needed to have another MDE account if you purchased additional MB's so that you could link them?
No, just extra phantoms/new people listed in your MDE account. ScrapYap's thread began prior to the selling of unlinked MBs. With any new MB, it can be linked to anyone you want who is listed in your primary (only) MDE.

No, just extra phantoms/new people listed in your MDE account. ScrapYap's thread began prior to the selling of unlinked MBs. With any new MB, it can be linked to anyone you want who is listed in your primary (only) MDE.

But they have to be linked to a some type of phantom, yes? You can't just buy extras and bring them in and add FPs - you have to link them to a "person", real or imaginary? (Normally I'm a fairly bright person. Really.)

But they have to be linked to a some type of phantom, yes? You can't just buy extras and bring them in and add FPs - you have to link them to a "person", real or imaginary? (Normally I'm a fairly bright person. Really.)
I researched unlinked MBs for ScrapYap's thread. At DHS, unlinked MagicBands didn't work for SDFP. Others reported their unlinked bands worked at the other 3 parks.

The perk of having them linked is that you can Modify the SDFPs via the website/app. There's no reason not to link them. The kiosk doesn't care who they are linked to; it just allows FPs if there aren't any linked to that specific line/person/phantom for that specific day.

I researched unlinked MBs for ScrapYap's thread. At DHS, unlinked MagicBands didn't work for SDFP. Others reported their unlinked bands worked at the other 3 parks.

The perk of having them linked is that you can Modify the SDFPs via the website/app. There's no reason not to link them. The kiosk doesn't care who they are linked to; it just allows FPs if there aren't any linked to that specific line/person/phantom for that specific day.

You didn't need to go to all that trouble, but I definitely appreciate your efforts - all very helpful information! Thanks!!

Can I jump in and clarify my understanding? If I have family members who were on our last trip and are linked in my MDE, I can use their MBs from that last trip and get SDFP with them? Even without a ticket linked?
Does it matter if they are almost 2 years old (battery-wise, I mean…)?

Can I jump in and clarify my understanding?

1. If I have family members who were on our last trip and are linked in my MDE, I can use their MBs from that last trip and get SDFP with them?
2. Even without a ticket linked?

3. Does it matter if they are almost 2 years old (battery-wise, I mean…)?

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. MB batteries have nothing to do with FP+ in-park booking and scanning.
The MB batteries can be completely dead and still work for FP+ scans at the parks
(and nearly everything else.)

Thanks, Robo! This is like the legacy system extras with the old room keys! It certainly will help us make some easier choices for the advanced FPs. :)

Hi:

I tried finding this answer in the 213 pages of this thread but had no luck - sorry if this is a re-ask:

Concerning the tiering of the fastpass+ at Hollywood Studios - if I were to prebook only one tier 1 and 1 tier 2, could I then go to the park on the day and get a fastpass for a second ride considered tier one from a fastpass kiosk? My wife wants to ensure that we can gets seats for Fantasmic and, thus, wants the fastpass. I was hoping if I didn't prebook all three spots, would I be able to get a Toy Story fastpass in the park on the day of our visit, or will the system still recognize it as me trying to have two tier 1s?

Thanks, I am a Disneyland veteran but a Disneyworld newb

Newbie to FP on MB's here, and our trip is next month, so needed some validation? If I booked all of us FP's to ride, and someone decides they don't want to ride a ride, do we cancel (or modify) their ride, switch MB's and someone could ride again, or wait til we have ridden and lose that one FP? Hubs said he didn't want to ride one our our rides, but doesn't want to go on to another ride at the same time, but will wait for us. What to do, what to do? LOL

It's better to:
Pre-book TSMM (exact same ride as at DL) and 2 Tier 2 rides. You can always Cancel a Tier 2 ride and after you complete your 2 or 3 FPs, head to a kiosk and book Fantasmic as your 4th FP of the day. Depending on when you go to WDW, the 4th FP may be available by booking through the MDE app.

If you pre-book Fant, you won't be able to go to the kiosk for an additional FP as in your original plan.

Hi:

I tried finding this answer in the 213 pages of this thread but had no luck - sorry if this is a re-ask:

Concerning the tiering of the fastpass+ at Hollywood Studios - if I were to prebook only one tier 1 and 1 tier 2, could I then go to the park on the day and get a fastpass for a second ride considered tier one from a fastpass kiosk? My wife wants to ensure that we can gets seats for Fantasmic and, thus, wants the fastpass. I was hoping if I didn't prebook all three spots, would I be able to get a Toy Story fastpass in the park on the day of our visit, or will the system still recognize it as me trying to have two tier 1s?

Thanks, I am a Disneyland veteran but a Disneyworld newb

Newbie to FP on MB's here, and our trip is next month, so needed some validation? If I booked all of us FP's to ride, and someone decides they don't want to ride a ride, do we cancel (or modify) their ride, switch MB's and someone could ride again, or wait til we have ridden and lose that one FP? Hubs said he didn't want to ride one our our rides, but doesn't want to go on to another ride at the same time, but will wait for us. What to do, what to do? LOL
Switch MBs and allow someone else to ride. That way you won't be wasting a FP.

It's better to:
Pre-book TSMM (exact same ride as at DL) and 2 Tier 2 rides. You can always Cancel a Tier 2 ride and after you complete your 2 or 3 FPs, head to a kiosk and book Fantasmic as your 4th FP of the day. Depending on when you go to WDW, the 4th FP may be available by booking through the MDE app.

If you pre-book Fant, you won't be able to go to the kiosk for an additional FP as in your original plan.

Thanks very much. that is what I will do.

It's better to:

If Fantasmic is a priority, you could always do the dining package for it as well. I believe the seats are just as good if not better than the FP ones. Then use your FP on TSMM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter