FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just made my selections for Fast Pass, and I thought they allowed for park hoppers now. I made selection for the morning at AK and wanted to make one for Epcot in the evening but it won't let me. Is this not possible?

The first three prebooked FPs must be in the same park. That has not changed.

See the OP for answers to this and other FP FAQs.

Yes, based on my experience I'd plan that last MK day first to give you the best chance of getting A&E and yes, you'll likely need to split the party if it's large. We did all MK days first, then booked FP+ for other parks.

There's 3 of us...is that too large? I noticed while I was practicing with Animal Kingdom...I was booking 3 at once for KS/Everest/Dinosaur. I booked later times than what we wanted (afternoon instead of morning), and then when I went in to modify the times for KS to earlier in the morning, it wouldn't offer me any early times.

In that modify window, though, I could modify the time for 1 member of the party at a time...thus creating 3 separate KS FP+s (all different times). I think I had them all over the place at like 10:10 for me, 12:00 for DH and 3pm for my friend. Once they were separated, though, then I could easily choose times at 9:10-10:10, 9;25-10:25, and 9:35-10:35..giving us a 9:35-10:10 window to ride...without having to go back out and only book for one person and then copy to the others.

Is this pretty safe to do with A/E and SDMT?

It won't let me book past my resort stay even though I have a park ticket for days longer. :( Can you only book fast pass+ selections only the time you stay at their resort at the 60 day window? I thought it was for the length of your ticket. SO confused.

I believe that you can book all your FP's at the 60 day mark for as long as your resort stay. After that, you will have to go in to MDE every day, at the 60 day mark, and book FPs for the park you want. One day at a time, 60 days out, after your resort stay is over.

Karen :)

It won't let me book past my resort stay even though I have a park ticket for days longer. :( Can you only book fast pass+ selections only the time you stay at their resort at the 60 day window? I thought it was for the length of your ticket. SO confused.

For 60 days out - you will only be able to book your length of stay for the length of your tickets.

IF your onsite days is 4 and your ticket length is 2, you can book any 2 days of that stay.

If your onsite stay is 4 nights and your ticket is 7 days, you can book FP for those 4 onsite nights/days only.

You will be able to book the rest of your ticket days at the 30 day mark from the first FP day you need to make.

Today is my 60 day window. We are DVC and are arriving at VWL on 11/6. The ressie is linked and is showing up in MDE. I was on MDE at midnight and the F+ was locked. Woke up this morning and its still locked. I thought the window opened at midnight? Any ideas what is going on?

Today is my 60 day window. We are DVC and are arriving at VWL on 11/6. The ressie is linked and is showing up in MDE. I was on MDE at midnight and the F+ was locked. Woke up this morning and its still locked. I thought the window opened at midnight? Any ideas what is going on?

Do you have tickets linked?

There's 3 of us...is that too large? I noticed while I was practicing with Animal Kingdom...I was booking 3 at once for KS/Everest/Dinosaur. I booked later times than what we wanted (afternoon instead of morning), and then when I went in to modify the times for KS to earlier in the morning, it wouldn't offer me any early times. In that modify window, though, I could modify the time for 1 member of the party at a time...thus creating 3 separate KS FP+s (all different times). I think I had them all over the place at like 10:10 for me, 12:00 for DH and 3pm for my friend. Once they were separated, though, then I could easily choose times at 9:10-10:10, 9;25-10:25, and 9:35-10:35..giving us a 9:35-10:10 window to ride...without having to go back out and only book for one person and then copy to the others. Is this pretty safe to do with A/E and SDMT?
With a party of 3 you should have no problem searching for everyone at once. I had no issues with my party of 4, with the exception of A&E. I'm assuming you are "playing" on a party ticket, which is only a 30-day window? You will find much more availability 60-days out. I had no problem getting almost exactly the times I wanted for every attraction I scheduled the night my 60-day window opened.

We tried to keep up and follow the old thread. Life gets in the way so it's hard to stay current with all the info Sorry if this has been discussed before. But what is the best attack plan for actually booking your fastpass+ reservations? Should you go into your booking window MDE account knowing what times and attractions you want to book? Or just a list of each days priorities and take the times Disney gives you and change around later? Based in booking our WDW dining and now DCL actives and so forth During the time it takes you to book one thing....your next time sells out in that time you spent booking the other thing Not sure if fastpass reservations are like this. As we have never made them under the new system. Obviously one would think you start with the absolute must dos and work backwards. Just uncertain how picky with times and so forth when your booking window opens. Or,if we can get away with picking the attractions we want (at whatever time give) And then amending times etc after booking fastpass for every day during your trip. That way at least you get all the attractions you want and don't miss out.just might not be at your preferred time. Unless you can change this later Thanks.

I am no expert because this trip will be my first with FP+, but I can share how I "attacked" this. I made a rough plan before my window opened, and kept a map of each park opened while I did t his. i am one of those folks who has direction issues, so having the map in another window really helped to "see" the layout. I really never paid attention before, just went from one to the next. Then I booked the FP starting with my "most" important days, took the times MDE assigned to me, and then went in to adjust. I did this as I booked each day. Granted, I did not need A&E, so I think my timeframes were easy.

My window opens Friday the 12th but my checking day is the 11th? Weird.. Also on the app when I just click make fast pass selections it pulls up my party but it says I need park admission? I have 4 day tickets listed under tickets and passes...so I enter my resort reservation number and it says I already have the resort linked. Confused? Is tho because I'm not quite 60 days out?

I am no expert because this trip will be my first with FP+, but I can share how I "attacked" this. I made a rough plan before my window opened, and kept a map of each park opened while I did t his. i am one of those folks who has direction issues, so having the map in another window really helped to "see" the layout. I really never paid attention before, just went from one to the next. Then I booked the FP starting with my "most" important days, took the times MDE assigned to me, and then went in to adjust. I did this as I booked each day. Granted, I did not need A&E, so I think my timeframes were easy.

I did similar. Wrote down what we wanted each day, approximately what times and in what order. When my 60 days opened at midnight I booked 7DMT for the times we wanted (limited times were available) first then MSEP, since there is only one time slot for that. I booked other popular rides like Soarin and TSMM. Then went back and adjusted the times I wanted for everything else.

I got everything we wanted except no MK rides were available past 8pm but the park closes at midnight. No biggie.

There's 3 of us...is that too large? I noticed while I was practicing with Animal Kingdom...I was booking 3 at once for KS/Everest/Dinosaur. I booked later times than what we wanted (afternoon instead of morning), and then when I went in to modify the times for KS to earlier in the morning, it wouldn't offer me any early times. In that modify window, though, I could modify the time for 1 member of the party at a time...thus creating 3 separate KS FP+s (all different times). I think I had them all over the place at like 10:10 for me, 12:00 for DH and 3pm for my friend. Once they were separated, though, then I could easily choose times at 9:10-10:10, 9;25-10:25, and 9:35-10:35..giving us a 9:35-10:10 window to ride...without having to go back out and only book for one person and then copy to the others. Is this pretty safe to do with A/E and SDMT?

My group is a party of 4 and we split 3-1 to get A&E. We didn't need to split to get anything else. We have a 50 minute overlapping window so it's not a big deal, but no availability was showing up for our group of 4 so I'm glad I looked at a split group.

My window opens Friday the 12th but my checking day is the 11th? Weird.. Also on the app when I just click make fast pass selections it pulls up my party but it says I need park admission? I have 4 day tickets listed under tickets and passes...so I enter my resort reservation number and it says I already have the resort linked. Confused? Is tho because I'm not quite 60 days out?

We are checking in on 11/11 too and i got same message on app when I tried entering confirmation #. we are staying at AllstarMo and I have 8 day tickets, which all show up fine on MDE. Hopefully someone on here will know why?!?!

Also- I keep reading about people practicing booking FP+....is there a way to practice it? We have a whole package booked (room, tickets, dining) thru Disney. My 60 days doesn't open til 9/12?

We are checking in on 11/11 too and i got same message on app when I tried entering confirmation #. we are staying at AllstarMo and I have 8 day tickets, which all show up fine on MDE. Hopefully someone on here will know why?!?! Also- I keep reading about people practicing booking FP+....is there a way to practice it? We have a whole package booked (room, tickets, dining) thru Disney. My 60 days doesn't open til 9/12?
You will show as having "valid" park admission once your window opens. As long as your reservation is linked in MDX (including your park tickets) you will be fine.

If you have a special event ticket linked to your account (MNSSHP or MVMCP) you will have a 30-day MK only window open to "practice" scheduling with prior to your FP+ scheduling day.

Also, there was a pp discussing the 60-day mark for FP+ scheduling and online check in. Both should be the same day (Sept 12, for example). But you can make FP+ at midnight on the 11th.

Hope that helps!

For 60 days out - you will only be able to book your length of stay for the length of your tickets.

IF your onsite days is 4 and your ticket length is 2, you can book any 2 days of that stay.

If your onsite stay is 4 nights and your ticket is 7 days, you can book FP for those 4 onsite nights/days only.

You will be able to book the rest of your ticket days at the 30 day mark from the first FP day you need to make.
Thank you. I had a feeling this might happen.

Has anyone been able to get fast pass cancellations? Like the Mine Train. I think I will now need to go old school and use a touring plan, not confident I will get a FP for the mine train at this point.

IF I have a split stay - POR, WLV, and SS - will I be able to get FP+'s for my entire stay (10 days) when my 60 day window opens? Thanks!

My window opens Friday the 12th but my checking day is the 11th? Weird..

We are checking in on 11/11 too and i got same message on app when I tried entering confirmation #.

October has 31 days. If both September and October had 30 days, then your FP booking day would be the 11th for a trip starting on the 11th. In fact, since no 2 consecutive months have 30 days, your booking date is never going to be the same as your arrival date.

With a party of 3 you should have no problem searching for everyone at once. I had no issues with my party of 4, with the exception of A&E. I'm assuming you are "playing" on a party ticket, which is only a 30-day window? You will find much more availability 60-days out. I had no problem getting almost exactly the times I wanted for every attraction I scheduled the night my 60-day window opened.

WRT tickets, we have Armed Forces Salute tickets (so not a package). Our tx I believe are falling under this provision mesaboy mentions in his OP here:

For onsite guests, the 60-day prebooking window will not activate until the 60-day mark. Before this point, the booking window will be only 30 days. At midnight of the 60-day mark, the 30-day window will automatically expand to 60 (or more) days.

Right now I can only see up to October 7th.

My group is a party of 4 and we split 3-1 to get A&E. We didn't need to split to get anything else. We have a 50 minute overlapping window so it's not a big deal, but no availability was showing up for our group of 4 so I'm glad I looked at a split group.

Awesome, thanks :)

We would like to try to get SDMT on 2 different days - the Monday of our Trip (2nd to last day) and Friday (the first day).

Is it possible for me to be signed into my account on my tablet and book our SDMT/A&E FP+s for Monday while DH is signed into the *same* account on another device/laptop trying to book SDMT for Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter