FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm park-hopping between AK and Epcot. Since I can only pick Fastpasses for one park, I decided to pick Test Track for the evening and forgo the AK fast passes. So this is my question: I only have one FastPass selected for this day. I deleted the other two the system made for me because I know I won't use them. Will I be able to get FastPasses in AK in the morning when I am actually in the park? I read something about your pre-selected passes had to be used or expire before you could get additional, but I only have one picked and it isn't until late in the day. I hope this makes sense!
You cannot schedule additional FP+ selections until your original 3 have expired, and your original selections must be at the same park. So you would either need to schedule FP for your morning at AK and take your chances on Epcot availability that night, or forego FP at AK. Wish I had better news for you :(

Jajone said:
Ok, they have military tickets, and she thinks they can not choose fast passes til they get there? Is that true?

Military vouchers and tickets can be linked to MDE. I just linked ours for our November trip. If they are linked and you are staying offsite, fp+ may be booked 30 days in advance.

If using the numbers on the ticket does not link them, try linking through the MDE app. The app will scan the bar code on the back of the tickets and then they will link. That's what I had to do to get mine to link.

Military vouchers and tickets can be linked to MDE. I just linked ours for our November trip. If they are linked and you are staying offsite, fp+ may be booked 30 days in advance. If using the numbers on the ticket does not link them, try linking through the MDE app. The app will scan the bar code on the back of the tickets and then they will link. That's what I had to do to get mine to link.

Thanks for the help. She just purchased the tickets so she should have a hard copy soon. For some reason she thought she could not link them? She will not have magic bands though, right?

Question. Going to WDW in Nov with my grandmother. Say I book a FP for both of us to ride tower of terror but she decides not to ride. Can I strap on her band and use the FP myself?

Thanks for the help. She just purchased the tickets so she should have a hard copy soon. For some reason she thought she could not link them? She will not have magic bands though, right?

Even if all she has is the green ticket voucher that you have to exchange, those can be linked (those are all I have currently).

You are correct that she will not automatically receive Magic Bands. I do believe that offsite guests can purchase them in the park if they would like.

I'm park-hopping between AK and Epcot. Since I can only pick Fastpasses for one park, I decided to pick Test Track for the evening and forgo the AK fast passes. So this is my question: I only have one FastPass selected for this day. I deleted the other two the system made for me because I know I won't use them. Will I be able to get FastPasses in AK in the morning when I am actually in the park? I read something about your pre-selected passes had to be used or expire before you could get additional, but I only have one picked and it isn't until late in the day.
I hope this makes sense!

You cannot schedule additional FP+ selections until your original 3 have expired, and your original selections must be at the same park. So you would either need to schedule FP for your morning at AK and take your chances on Epcot availability that night, or forego FP at AK. Wish I had better news for you :(

Well that stinks. What is the point of park-hopping if I can't get fast passes at more than one park. I'll leave the one for Test Track at Epcot because I know by the time we get there in the evening fast passes will be gone. But that means I won't get to use the other two at all. That really bites.

Today is my 60 day window. We are DVC and are arriving at VWL on 11/6. The ressie is linked and is showing up in MDE. I was on MDE at midnight and the F+ was locked. Woke up this morning and its still locked. I thought the window opened at midnight? Any ideas what is going on?

Sept 7th should be your day to make your FP selections, actually at midnight on Sept 6th going into the 7th.
I'm curious to find out what happened. Could you let us know when you find out.

Also want to add that I'm sorry this happened to you. This would be one of my worst Disney nightmares right now.

Karen :)

Thank you mesaboy2, and everyone else who is incredibly helpful in this thread! Just finished making FP+s for our trip...got everything we wanted, except A&E. I was on right at midnight, and there was nothing for A&E, not even just for 1 person. Grrr. We got SDMT for 9:15am, so I'm hoping we can maybe do rope drop and ride standby and then ride again w/the FP+. If RD for A&E has calmed down by then, we may head there instead of SDMT if we don't get a FP+ between now and then for it.

Anyway..it was a long day! DH tricked me into a 4 mile walk :P. I'm beat, night everyone!

I have four complimentary park hopper one day passes that I "won" in a silent auction for charity. We will be at the parks for six days on our upcoming trip so I am going to add two more single park hopper days. Since these are individual days and I had to put in a number for each day to link them on my MDE account when I do my fastpass+ will I be able to book for all six days and not one day at a time?

Just a thought - your tickets since they were from charity events - may not be eligible for upgrades to add more days.

We have a party of 5. I am going to try for A&E on 60 days out but after reading, it seems like smaller parties are more successful. How do you copy a ticket? I keep reading about getting one ticket then copying it.
Thanks!

We have a party of 5. I am going to try for A&E on 60 days out but after reading, it seems like smaller parties are more successful. How do you copy a ticket? I keep reading about getting one ticket then copying it. Thanks!
Copying makes me nervous....if it were me I would just search for smaller parties - a 2 and a 3, for example - and try to get overlapping windows. The later in your trip you can schedule, the better success you will have, especially finding multiples. I was able to find 4 singles that overlapped on day 6 of my trip the morning after my window opened when I had been unable to find a block of 4 for any day the night before. Good luck!!

We have an AP that expires 12/8. Staying on-site from 11/30 through 12/13. Plan to renew AP while we are there. If I make FP+ at 60 days from 11/30, will it allow me to make them after 12/8 due to the expiration date of AP? What to do? Suggestions please.

Just a thought - your tickets since they were from charity events - may not be eligible for upgrades to add more days.

But can't I just go to site and buy a two day park hopper or two individual park hoppers and add to my name on MDE?

We have an AP that expires 12/8. Staying on-site from 11/30 through 12/13. Plan to renew AP while we are there. If I make FP+ at 60 days from 11/30, will it allow me to make them after 12/8 due to the expiration date of AP? What to do? Suggestions please.

I think that the answer is no, you can't make FP ressies after your AP expires if you don't have a ticket (though I could be wrong, since you're staying on-site until 12/13).

One solution could be to renew your AP ahead of time, then you could get a voucher or a confirmation number that you can use to make FP ressies. That works with buying a new AP, but I'm not sure if it works with renewing an AP.

But can't I just go to site and buy a two day park hopper or two individual park hoppers and add to my name on MDE?

Yes. In any case, if you are staying on-site, you will be able to book FPs for your trip 60 days before the trip begins (assuming you have enough ticket-days for your trip). If you are not staying on-site, then you will only be able to book 30 days ahead, one day at a time (and you still need to have enough ticket-days).

FP+ cannot be scheduled during hard-ticket party events such as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Night of Joy, or Villains Unleashed. However, party tickets can be used for scheduling FP+ during the typical 3-hour "grace period" from 4:00p to 7:00p usually associated with these events.
Are you saying you can use your account plus the hard tickets (so 6 instead of 3, or just availability)? Is this also 60 days out or the day of? Is this something for just ticket holders?
No fastpasses at all will be issued for the times of the hard ticket event, correct?
Now, for my next set of questions: I read where it wouldn't be a good idea for 2 people to be signed into the same account during the FP+ selection process. How does one go about creating a second account when everything is linked under mine? My son will have a different agenda on the 60 window opening; I am all about the grandchildren; he's taking care of the adult rides (different days, after kiddos are in bed while grandma babysits)
Thanks for all your information, btw; this has helped me tremendously!

Are you saying you can use your account plus the hard tickets (so 6 instead of 3, or just availability)? Is this also 60 days out or the day of? Is this something for just ticket holders?
No fastpasses at all will be issued for the times of the hard ticket event, correct?
Now, for my next set of questions: I read where it wouldn't be a good idea for 2 people to be signed into the same account during the FP+ selection process. How does one go about creating a second account when everything is linked under mine? My son will have a different agenda on the 60 window opening; I am all about the grandchildren; he's taking care of the adult rides (different days, after kiddos are in bed while grandma babysits)
Thanks for all your information, btw; this has helped me tremendously!

A single person can have no more than 3 prebooked FPs per day, unless you want to attempt to do the second MDX account stuff--about which I have no experience and no advice.

As mentioned in the text you quoted, no FPs during the event itself.

Attempting to schedule the same guests at the same time, either by two people logged in to the same account or two people logged in to separate, linked accounts, is a risk I would not take. The MDX system is glitchy enough without multiple people simultaneously trying to schedule the same guest for FPs.

Ok..another question. We didn't manage to score an A&E fp+, but I'm not opposed to continuing to look. What is the best method to try and look for A&E at this point, without losing any of the fp+ I've booked? Is it.possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter