FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though the original post was written back in July, I keep it updated with relevant changes. I usually have some tweak to it weekly if not more. A fair amount has changed in the interim, and more is probably coming. What this means is that the OP, while oldest, has the most up-to-date information on FP+ and should be considered correct before any of the conversational posts that occur after it (the rest of the thread).

0. Yes.

1. Correct on all counts.

2. No, sorry. Onsite guests aren't privy to all available info either though.

3. I think one at a time. I would assume a nearby iPad-armed CM could ease this process.

4. I will only say that prebooking is likely to come for offsiters as well and that the current system setup is temporary. I think there will always be some kind of incentive for guests to choose onsite.

I read your original message and have looked at SOME following, but the first few pages seemed to be people agreeing or disagreeing with your rating of the rides, so I sort of plowed through those as personally I might rate rides totally different - there are 4 of us in my family and at each park we would all have a different 1, 2, 3 so.....that's personal preference and so I skipped a lot there and tried to find other snippets .

Just the one thing re staying ON SITE, I do think that's a little unfair, personally we choose NOT to stay on site, much as I love all things Disney, we like that when we go back to our hotel it's not. We like the choice, we never drive and so the location of hotel is important to us that it's flexible for us to get easily to all of the parks - disney, seaworld, Busch, universal, and also the shopping outlets and a variety of shops and eating places. That's our choice, and so people might say "well if you don't get the perks then that's your own fault for not staying in disney property" but what about people who can't afford to stay on site? Some people may have to choose a non disney property.

Can Annual Passholders without resort reservation book BOG lunch?

I think the URL requires an onsite reservation confirmation number to set up, so I don't think so.

I read your original message and have looked at SOME following, but the first few pages seemed to be people agreeing or disagreeing with your rating of the rides, so I sort of plowed through those as personally I might rate rides totally different - there are 4 of us in my family and at each park we would all have a different 1, 2, 3 so.....that's personal preference and so I skipped a lot there and tried to find other snippets .

Just the one thing re staying ON SITE, I do think that's a little unfair, personally we choose NOT to stay on site, much as I love all things Disney, we like that when we go back to our hotel it's not. We like the choice, we never drive and so the location of hotel is important to us that it's flexible for us to get easily to all of the parks - disney, seaworld, Busch, universal, and also the shopping outlets and a variety of shops and eating places. That's our choice, and so people might say "well if you don't get the perks then that's your own fault for not staying in disney property" but what about people who can't afford to stay on site? Some people may have to choose a non disney property.

I agree the current system is less than ideal, particularly for offsite guests.

The original thread focused exclusively on prioritizing attractions, which is why you see the discussion. Notice that the priority is not based on a "rating of the rides", but on a FP's potential to save time. This is a much more objective characteristic to rate on. I love many of the rides that are Cs, and not the biggest fan of some As--but that is not what the priority list is about. I tried to make that clear in the OP.

Thanks, Mesa! :)

You're welcome.

I think the URL requires an onsite reservation confirmation number to set up, so I don't think so.

I agree the current system is less than ideal, particularly for offsite guests.

The original thread focused exclusively on prioritizing attractions, which is why you see the discussion. Notice that the priority is not based on a "rating of the rides", but on a FP's potential to save time. This is a much more objective characteristic to rate on. I love many of the rides that are Cs, and not the biggest fan of some As--but that is not what the priority list is about. I tried to make that clear in the OP.

You're welcome.

Ahhhhh I thought it was like a rating the rides, and then the following posts I thought they were people discussing their own preferences, n like you say, I possibly rate one ride a C which you might rate an A (I had my contact lenses in when I looked and can't read properly with them in :rotfl:)

Thanks for your help and the info, I've just started to flap a little basically my hubby books the holiday but then I keep up to speed with the park info etc.

Ahhhhh I thought it was like a rating the rides, and then the following posts I thought they were people discussing their own preferences, n like you say, I possibly rate one ride a C which you might rate an A (I had my contact lenses in when I looked and can't read properly with them in :rotfl:)

Thanks for your help and the info, I've just started to flap a little basically my hubby books the holiday but then I keep up to speed with the park info etc.

Case in point. I love, love, love Mickey's PhilharMagic. Simple, beautiful Disney at its best. It's a solid C on my list because you almost never have to wait more than 10-15 minutes for it without FP. Space Mountain? Rough as all get out, gets worse as I get older. Solid A because a sub-45-minute wait is relatively unusual.

Hi, I was wondering if someone could answer a question for me. I am sorry if it has been asked before.

I am in the process of planning a Spring Break trip to US but I would love to spend one day at MK. I can't imagine being so close and not visiting!
If we plan on going later in the day is it possible for just me to go to rope drop at MK in the morning and use one of the Kiosks to schedule FP+ for my entire family or will they all have to enter the park with their tickets in order to activate them and schedule FP+'s? Thank you so much.

Hi, I was wondering if someone could answer a question for me. I am sorry if it has been asked before.

I am in the process of planning a Spring Break trip to US but I would love to spend one day at MK. I can't imagine being so close and not visiting!
If we plan on going later in the day is it possible for just me to go to rope drop at MK in the morning and use one of the Kiosks to schedule FP+ for my entire family or will they all have to enter the park with their tickets in order to activate them and schedule FP+'s? Thank you so much.

As before, the ticket must be activated at park entry to be used to schedule FP.

As before, the ticket must be activated at park entry to be used to schedule FP.

Thank you, that is what I figured. We have always stayed onsite so it wasn't an issue but I was hoping I could run over in the morning without dragging everyone with me :)

Hi Folks:

How about this one. AP staying offsite. Can I make a dining reservation, then get FP+ based on the reservation date? If so, how big is my FP+ window? Also, how do I cancel the reservation online, without being charged? Once I cancel the reservation will my FP+ disappear? So would it be beneficial to make the dining reservation late in the vacation?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Tim/Hawk

Hi Folks:

How about this one. AP staying offsite. Can I make a dining reservation, then get FP+ based on the reservation date? If so, how big is my FP+ window? Also, how do I cancel the reservation online, without being charged? Once I cancel the reservation will my FP+ disappear? So would it be beneficial to make the dining reservation late in the vacation?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Tim/Hawk

I still have yet to see anyone claim a successful prebooking of FP+ without a resort reservation, either current or past. Contrary experiences welcome.

AP holders with a DVC resort ressie for May 15th-19th. Already have MBs (with our APs linked in MDE) from our Oct. stay. Our APs expire May 16th, so

Can we make our FP+ selections at 60 days out for the entire stay before renewing APs and linking them? OR

Will we only be able to make FP+ selections through the 16th (AP exp. date)with the current APs and the selections for the remaining days (17th-18th) will have to wait until the APs are renewed and linked?

:thumbsup2 Thanks!

Quick FP+ question. If I book disney junior live on stage at 10:30 as one of my FP+ Selections what time frame will I be able to book my next FP+? TIA

Quick FP+ question. If I book disney junior live on stage at 10:30 as one of my FP+ Selections what time frame will I be able to book my next FP+? TIA

You can book all three FPs at once and for any time of day, as long as the three return windows don't overlap.

Be advised, the reserved area for DJR is in a very poor location for viewing. There are far better FP choices.

You can book all three FPs at once and for any time of day, as long as the three return windows don't overlap.

Be advised, the reserved area for DJR is in a very poor location for viewing. There are far better FP choices.

If we don't use FP+ for disney junior what time do you think we need to be in line for the 9:40 show. My kids are 1 and 4 and are obsessed with jake so I don't want to screw it up. TIA

ETA this will be during the first week of May.

If we don't use FP+ for disney junior what time do you think we need to be in line for the 9:40 show. My kids are 1 and 4 and are obsessed with jake so I don't want to screw it up. TIA

ETA this will be during the first week of May.

That early in the day, there shouldn't be much demand. I'd get in line about 9:20p, and you could probably get away with later than that.

The problem with the reserved area, by the way, is that it's too close to the stage. It is elevated a couple of feet at least, and guests sit on the floor right in front of it. Everyone has to strain just to see the tops of the puppets, especially toddlers.

ETA: This picture, from WDWtourguide.com, mostly shows the problem. There are a few kids up there that can't see squat.

DisneyJunior16.jpg

That early in the day, there shouldn't be much demand. I'd get in line about 9:20p, and you could probably get away with later than that.

The problem with the reserved area, by the way, is that it's too close to the stage. It is elevated a couple of feet at least, and guests sit on the floor right in front of it. Everyone has to strain just to see the tops of the puppets, especially toddlers.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!