FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies if this has been covered anywhere in this thread. This is all new to me, so I'm just checking to make sure I understand the FP+ system. We will be at WDW the last week of June. I've prepared My D Experience for everything I can for now. As I understand it, I'll be able to schedule FP+ attractions 60 days prior to arriving - 3 per day. Do these need to be at the same park? We have the hopper, so can I schedule 2 say at AK in the morning and 1 at MK in the evening? Thanks everyone.

My apologies if this has been covered anywhere in this thread. This is all new to me, so I'm just checking to make sure I understand the FP+ system. We will be at WDW the last week of June. I've prepared My D Experience for everything I can for now. As I understand it, I'll be able to schedule FP+ attractions 60 days prior to arriving - 3 per day. Do these need to be at the same park? We have the hopper, so can I schedule 2 say at AK in the morning and 1 at MK in the evening? Thanks everyone.

Yes.

All these types of questions are answered in the first part of the first post. I keep it updated so that you don't have to read through the entire thread for answers. :goodvibes

Yes. All these types of questions are answered in the first part of the first post. I keep it updated so that you don't have to read through the entire thread for answers. :goodvibes

Thank you. I should have started there before posting. Forgive the newbie.

AP holders with a DVC resort ressie for May 15th-19th. Already have MBs (with our APs linked in MDE) from our Oct. stay. Our APs expire May 16th, so

Can we make our FP+ selections at 60 days out for the entire stay before renewing APs and linking them? OR

Will we only be able to make FP+ selections through the 16th (AP exp. date)with the current APs and the selections for the remaining days (17th-18th) will have to wait until the APs are renewed and linked?

:thumbsup2 Thanks!

I wish I knew, CB. Bumping in hopes someone else can help. :goodvibes

In the meantime, I'll keep searching.:)

I have a couple of questions regarding those with magic bands who are too short for the ride as well as rider swap.

I have one who will just barely make the 40" cut off. Maybe. Another who is in bare feet a hair under the 48" cut off, and a third who is good to go on all rides. In the past with the old FP system, if we wanted, say space mountain, we would pull FP for all who had tickets, including those too short to ride. We would end up with 4. Then a parent and the tall kid would go on and get a rider swap. (using 2 FP tickets). Then other parent and tall kid would go on again using rider swap ticket. Then we would repeat with the other 2 FP tickets so the kid rode 4 times and each parent rode twice. Now with the magic bands, we could schedule a FP for all 5 of us, but only 4 of us can ride it. Is there any way to take advantage of the 5th person's FP on the magic band? Can one parent take her band and ride and ask for a rider swap ticket and then use it to have the 2 older kids and a parent ride again?

I know we can still use rider swap as we did in the past. Do they still give you a ticket that can be used for more than 2 people? So can I go on with my 2 taller kids and then DH take the same 2 on again? What if there is a ride (like tower of terror) that the shortie is tall enough for (if she is over 40" it's going to be just barely since she was 38.5" as of September) but there is no way I think she's ready to ride? Can we still use rider swap if they eye her up and decide to measure her and ok her to ride? Would they ever do that if you ask for a rider swap and it's clear that she's a little one? She'll be turning 4 a week after our trip.

I'm just trying to figure out a game plan for getting Fastpasses for my Honeymoon in July. Any critiques or suggestions would be appreciated.
This is what I'm planning and thinking so far:
(I'll include the ADRs I have booked already)

June 30 - Magic Kingdom
Afternoon:
BTM
SPLSHM
SPACEM or Under the Sea?
(ADR at Bog for 5:30pm)

July 1
Afternoon:
Soarin
Maelstrom
SE
(ADR at Le Cellier 5:30pm)

July 2 - DHS -
Afternoon:
RRC
Star Tours
Fantasmic
(ADR at Brown Derby 5:30pm)

July 3 - AK
( Tusker House lunch 12:35pm )
Afternoon:
KS
EE
DINO
Head to MK after for Fireworks

July 4 - Epcot for Biergarten
Afternoon
TT
MS
Illuminations
(Biergarten 6:10pm)

July 10
Late afternoon
TSM
ST
Fantasmic
(Adr at Scifi at 5:30pm)

July 11 - Ak -
Afternoon :
EE
KS
KRR
(Dinner at Hoop de do 6:15pm)
MK after

July 13 - Epcot
Soarin
Maelstrom
SE
San angel inn 5:15pm

July 14 -
Keys to the Kingdom 8:15am
Tonys town square 2:35pm
After 3pm
SPACEM
SPLSHM
BTM
Wishes dessert party 9pm

What do you think?

I'm just trying to figure out a game plan for getting Fastpasses for my Honeymoon in July. Any critiques or suggestions would be appreciated.
This is what I'm planning and thinking so far:
(I'll include the ADRs I have booked already)

June 30 - Magic Kingdom
Afternoon:
BTM
SPLSHM
SPACEM or Under the Sea?

July 1
Afternoon:
Soarin
Maelstrom
SE

July 2 - DHS -
Afternoon:
RRC
Star Tours
Fantasmic

July 3 - AK
Afternoon:
KS
EE
DINO

Afternoon
TT
MS
Illuminations

July 10
Late afternoon
TSM
ST
Fantasmic

July 11 - Ak -
Afternoon :
EE
KS
KRR
MK after

July 13 - Epcot
Soarin
Maelstrom
SE

July 14 -
After 3pm
SPACEM
SPLSHM
BTM
Wishes dessert party 9pm

What do you think?

Looks mostly good to me except for two things. One, you're using FPs on Fantasmic twice (widely regarded to be a near-total waste)--but that's your call of course. Two, you have TT and IllumiNations FPs on the same day--tiering prevents that. I'd drop the IllumiNations.

ETA: duh, Fantasmic also can't be selected with either RnRC or TSM. Dump Fantasmic as an FP.

Looks mostly good to me except for two things. One, you're using FPs on Fantasmic twice (widely regarded to be a near-total waste)--but that's your call of course. Two, you have TT and IllumiNations FPs on the same day--tiering prevents that. I'd drop the IllumiNations.

ETA: duh, Fantasmic also can't be selected with either RnRC or TSM. Dump Fantasmic as an FP.

Ok thanks. Ill redo my list. Is there a list on the front page of which rides are on which tier? I cant find it

You also have Soarin' and Maelstrom on the same day. Tiering will prevent that as well.
Crap. Ok. I'll change that. Thank you

Can I nominate you for something mesa !?!?!?

Its pretty clear that you are not a fan of this system, but you are still doing so bloody much to help complete strangers make the most of it ... impressive good sir, impressive.

:thumbsup2

Can I nominate you for something mesa !?!?!?

Its pretty clear that you are not a fan of this system, but you are still doing so bloody much to help complete strangers make the most of it ... impressive good sir, impressive.

:thumbsup2

We're all in this together, and I want everyone to be able to make the most of it.

Ok. How about this?

June 30 - Magic Kingdom
Afternoon:
BTM
SPLSHM
SPACEM or Under the Sea?

July 1
Afternoon:
Soarin
Turtle Talk With Crush
SE

July 2 - DHS -
Afternoon:
RRC
Star Tours
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

July 3 - AK
Afternoon:
KS
EE
DINO

Afternoon
TT
MS
Illuminations

July 10
Late afternoon
TSM
ST
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

July 11 - Ak -
Afternoon :
EE
KS
KRR
MK after

July 13 - Epcot
Soarin
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
SE

July 14 -
After 3pm
SPACEM
SPLSHM
BTM
Wishes dessert party 9pm

What do you think?

Ok. How about this?

June 30 - Magic Kingdom
Afternoon:
BTM
SPLSHM
SPACEM or Under the Sea?

July 1
Afternoon:
Soarin
Turtle Talk With Crush
SE

July 2 - DHS -
Afternoon:
RRC
Star Tours
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

July 3 - AK
Afternoon:
KS
EE
DINO

Afternoon
TT
MS
Illuminations

July 10
Late afternoon
TSM
ST
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

July 11 - Ak -
Afternoon :
EE
KS
KRR
MK after

July 13 - Epcot
Soarin
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
SE

July 14 -
After 3pm
SPACEM
SPLSHM
BTM
Wishes dessert party 9pm

What do you think?

Better, but you still can't do TT and Illuminations with FPs on same day. ;) And Figment may be the absolute worst FP selection at WDW in terms of saving you time. But if that's what you want, go for it. :goodvibes

I'd choose Space over Under the Sea on Day 1, by the way.

Better, but you still can't do TT and Illuminations with FPs on same day. ;) And Figment may be the absolute worst FP selection at WDW in terms of saving you time. But if that's what you want, go for it. :goodvibes I'd choose Space over Under the Sea on Day 1, by the way.

Crap. I forgot to change the illuminations. Thanks. What should I choose instead of Figment. I just picked something.

Crap. I forgot to change the illuminations. Thanks. What should I choose instead of Figment. I just picked something.

Maybe Living With the Land or The Seas. But really, none of these need FP 95% of the time. Choose what you want.

I'm curious how the FP+ works at Its Tough To Be A Bug. Since this is a show, do you get priority seating or access? Is it worth it at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter