FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone with access to MDE FP+ attraction choices post the latest options for each park? (I don't rate.) ;)

Looks like the Pooh and Tigger M&G at Epcot UK are now an option and I'm looking for other new ones....

Thanks!

Can anyone with access to MDE FP+ attraction choices post the latest options for each park? (I don't rate.) ;)

Looks like the Pooh and Tigger M&G at Epcot UK are now an option and I'm looking for other new ones....

Thanks!
I looked at the list of Epcot selections (on app and online) and didn't see Pooh & Tigger at Epcot UK. Maelstrom and illuminations (standby) were my only World Showcase options. I glanced at the other parks but since I don't do FP+ for characters and shows I am not sure if there were any new ones, but nothing stood out to me.

I check-out Saturday so maybe the P&T greet isn't a available to me before Sat.

I looked at the list of Epcot selections (on app and online) and didn't see Pooh & Tigger at Epcot UK. Maelstrom and illuminations (standby) were my only World Showcase options. I glanced at the other parks but since I don't do FP+ for characters and shows I am not sure if there were any new ones, but nothing stood out to me. I check-out Saturday so maybe the P&T greet isn't a available to me before Sat.

I've seen pictures this morning of the FP+ setup there, manned by a CM and guests in line. Some FP+ options have been notoriously rare or glitchy-- this may be one of them.

Thanks for checking! : goodvibes

I looked at the list of Epcot selections (on app and online) and didn't see Pooh & Tigger at Epcot UK. Maelstrom and illuminations (standby) were my only World Showcase options. I glanced at the other parks but since I don't do FP+ for characters and shows I am not sure if there were any new ones, but nothing stood out to me.

I check-out Saturday so maybe the P&T greet isn't a available to me before Sat.

I just checked for 11/25 and I didn't see the M&G either. When I have time later, I will check other dates.

Seeking additional input, specifically from those who have used FP+ (or are otherwise in the know) for the following attractions at DHS:

- American Idol
- Indiana Jones
- Lights Motors Action!

Do these attractions have reserved seating areas or are FP+ holders just let in before standby guests? I cannot remember seeing any reports either way....

Thanks!

Ever increasing numbers are using MBs and FPs, but still no one has used one for any of the above?

Ever increasing numbers are using MBs and FPs, but still no one has used one for any of the above?

Indiana Jones did not seem to have specific seats when we used it with FP+ on Fri. Oct. 11th. We came in close to show time and ended up to the left side of the stage just over half way down. Theatre seemed quite full and these were good seats, but they weren't designated for FP+, at least not that I noticed ... Then again not sure if they were still taking standby at that point. (We hadn't planned on using fp+ for IJ, switched our Star Tours one since we basically walked on to that.).

We used our other fp+s for TSMM around suppertime (standby well over 60 min) and for F! (worth it as we ran late due to trying ToT for the first time and they were announcing standing room only for F!, yet we still got good seats in the reserved section even though we arrived just at the end of our return time window (7:35ish).

Indiana Jones did not seem to have specific seats when we used it with FP+ on Fri. Oct. 11th. We came in close to show time and ended up to the left side of the stage just over half way down. Theatre seemed quite full and these were good seats, but they weren't designated for FP+, at least not that I noticed ... Then again not sure if they were still taking standby at that point. (We hadn't planned on using fp+ for IJ, switched our Star Tours one since we basically walked on to that.).

We used our other fp+s for TSMM around suppertime (standby well over 60 min) and for F! (worth it as we ran late due to trying ToT for the first time and they were announcing standing room only for F!, yet we still got good seats in the reserved section even though we arrived just at the end of our return time window (7:35ish).

Thanks for the info!

All areas that list a priority seating or a reserved section, where are the reserved sections? Is the view for say, Fantasmic, good for the reserved location? Last thing I'd want to do is waste a FP+ on something like that, and it not be worth it.

All areas that list a priority seating or a reserved section, where are the reserved sections? Is the view for say, Fantasmic, good for the reserved location? Last thing I'd want to do is waste a FP+ on something like that, and it not be worth it.

Fantasmic seating is excellent. I've read mixed reviews at best about the areas for Illuminations and Disney Junior Live On Stage. Wishes in my opinion is only so-so (due to the off-center location), but plenty seem to like it--seems relatively uncrowded is a popular reason cited.

I would recommend a FP+ for F!. Many times you have to stand in line for an hour+ just to get in regular. I think for FP+ you have to arrive 30 minutes early so it saves you time. I like Wishes and Illuminations but keep in mind that yes there maybe better or worse places to see them, you can see them from lots of places and not have to stand in line just to see it at all. I dare at busy times F! probably hit max some of the time if you try to just walk up.

I would recommend a FP+ for F!. Many times you have to stand in line for an hour+ just to get in regular. I think for FP+ you have to arrive 30 minutes early so it saves you time. I like Wishes and Illuminations but keep in mind that yes there maybe better or worse places to see them, you can see them from lots of places and not have to stand in line just to see it at all. I dare at busy times F! probably hit max some of the time if you try to just walk up.

I agree completely. :thumbsup2

I'd agree about Kali, not so for Splash.

Entirely different "wetness levels" and popularity quotients.

But the REAL problem is, knowing the weather/temps 60 days out.
45 days out.
30 days out.
15 days out.
Heck, 2 days out. ;)

LOL...ESPECIALLY in ORLANDO during the Christmas-New Years Holidays!!!
In the past 3 holiday visits, we've had 90-something days...AND 20-something days...total range of crazy temps!
:crazy2:

We pretty much went by your "A-list" attractions for our FP+ selections, and it worked out really well. Those were the attractions with the longest wait times. If you have little ones, definitely get one for Enchanted Tales With Belle. It is a very tiny theater that doesn't hold many people, which is probably why it always has such a long wait. My 4-year-old DD loved it, and even got chosen to play the Beast.

We didn't use FP+ for any shows (such as Fantasmic), so I'm curious to know how those have been working out for people.

For those of you who haven't used the FP+ system yet, the cast members were very accommodating. We had issues trying to change FP+ times on the MDE app due to problems with their system (esp. at MK), and when we approached the CMs at the FP entrances and explained our situation, they always let us in. :thumbsup2

We pretty much went by your "A-list" attractions for our FP+ selections, and it worked out really well. Those were the attractions with the longest wait times. If you have little ones, definitely get one for Enchanted Tales With Belle. It is a very tiny theater that doesn't hold many people, which is probably why it always has such a long wait. My 4-year-old DD loved it, and even got chosen to play the Beast.

We didn't use FP+ for any shows (such as Fantasmic), so I'm curious to know how those have been working out for people.

For those of you who haven't used the FP+ system yet, the cast members were very accommodating. We had issues trying to change FP+ times on the MDE app due to problems with their system (esp. at MK), and when we approached the CMs at the FP entrances and explained our situation, they always let us in. :thumbsup2

Happy to hear that it worked well for you. Thanks!

FYI another thread started a few days ago which says the f! fp+ is no longer reserved seating and the fp+ entry is more like a shorter version of the regular line. I already gave up my f! dining package adr for the fp+ and I'm very disappointed- we probably won't make it to f! on our trip w/ our 4yo as it's not worth the time and stress if we have to go early and fight for seats with everyone else. I am hoping disney is still testing out the f! options and will put the reserved seating back by 11/10 when we were planning to go.

FYI another thread started a few days ago which says the f! fp+ is no longer reserved seating and the fp+ entry is more like a shorter version of the regular line. I already gave up my f! dining package adr for the fp+ and I'm very disappointed- we probably won't make it to f! on our trip w/ our 4yo as it's not worth the time and stress if we have to go early and fight for seats with everyone else. I am hoping disney is still testing out the f! options and will put the reserved seating back by 11/10 when we were planning to go.

Thanks for the heads-up. Yes, I am monitoring the reports of Fantasmic seating and may change my notes on it in the future. But I'm going to wait a little longer and see what shakes out in the next few weeks first. I'd drive myself crazy if I kept changing that post to reflect WDW's changing ops.

First, I appreciate the list. Very helpful in prioritizing for a family that will have only one day in MK, doesn't want to ride mountains, and has no interest in ETWB or meet and greets. The kids love PP, so that goes first on our list.

To demand even more help, among the B attractions, in what order would the following rank:

Haunted Mansion (a super must-do for my older child who can't handle too much motion and loves this ride)
Winnie the Pooh
Little Mermaid ride (a must-do only because it's new)
Barnstormer (a must-do for my little coaster fan)
Jungle Cruise

Opinions???

First, I appreciate the list. Very helpful in prioritizing for a family that will have only one day in MK, doesn't want to ride mountains, and has no interest in ETWB or meet and greets. The kids love PP, so that goes first on our list.

To demand even more help, among the B attractions, in what order would the following rank:

Haunted Mansion (a super must-do for my older child who can't handle too much motion and loves this ride)
Winnie the Pooh
Little Mermaid ride (a must-do only because it's new)
Barnstormer (a must-do for my little coaster fan)
Jungle Cruise

Opinions???

Hard to say for sure, since attractions that didn't have regular Fast Pass (like Haunted Mansion) now have FP+. Standby for these could be worse than they used to be.

I think Winnie the Pooh typically has the longest lines of this group even though it had regular Fast Pass.

But if you go at park opening and hit Fantasyland first, you could do Peter Pan, Pooh, Barnstormer, and Little Mermaid without much wait at that time.

Then if you had FP+ for Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise later in the morning/afternoon, you wouldn't need to hurry to get over to the other side of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter