FastPass and Magic Morning

I am a big fan of the ROA after MM. I can gather several fastpass and plan the morning in the area and three hours after MM opening, have my do list completed. So yes, I would encourage to not grab a Matterhorn FP if you enjoy riding Indy twice than Matterhorn once. First thing in the morning Splash does not require Fp and go directly to BTMRR, it will be a great day

Thank you. What is ROA? This is our first trip to Disneyland so not sure about Indy but since it runs out, I assume we'll try once with FP and once without (we also 4 days at Disney, with probably 3 of those starting at Disneyland). I only have Splash as a priority as that was my son't very favourite at WDW so that is one that will be on the 'multiple times' list.

Our first trip to DL too (we live in FL and go to WDW every other month) and I had the same question re grabbing FP during EMH. I, too, cannot figure out ROA!!
Thank you. What is ROA? This is our first trip to Disneyland so not sure about Indy but since it runs out, I assume we'll try once with FP and once without (we also 4 days at Disney, with probably 3 of those starting at Disneyland). I only have Splash as a priority as that was my son't very favourite at WDW so that is one that will be on the 'multiple times' list.

Our first trip to DL too (we live in FL and go to WDW every other month) and I had the same question re grabbing FP during EMH. I, too, cannot figure out ROA!!
ROA is Rivers of America! I think they are referring to the general area, encompassing the rides Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Big Thunder, Splash and Winnie the Pooh

ngl, glad I"m not the only one who doesn't know all the acronyms. :goodvibes

DisBabe94, thanks for explaining. Makes sense now.

If you want to ride Splash multiple times, you can easily do so without a FP if you're willing to do it off-peak, like before 10 or 11 or after dark. We've literally ridden in 4 times in a row late at night.

Great. THank you.

So question #2 - Is it worth grabbing Matterhorn FP during magic morning? Or just trying to grab it and then use first FP for something else like Indy or Space (i.e the ones that run out first - from what I've read)?

If you get one it will probably have a very soon return time, Usually within the first 30min-1hr of park opening. So I would recommend getting a FP, then riding some other things in that area, then riding Materhorn once park opens, then head to Indy. Indy will run out but not until mid-afternoon. If you get there early it may not even be a long enough line and you can do Standby.

If you want to ride Splash multiple times, you can easily do so without a FP if you're willing to do it off-peak, like before 10 or 11 or after dark. We've literally ridden in 4 times in a row late at night.

Priority for my son, not me (never rode it...not sure i'd like the drop, plus need to be careful of big drops for medical reasons). One thing about Splash is we're coming end of August so I imagine the ride gets pretty busy with the heat? Good advice though and will definitely keep in mind for him to get in those extra rides.

If you get one it will probably have a very soon return time, Usually within the first 30min-1hr of park opening. So I would recommend getting a FP, then riding some other things in that area, then riding Materhorn once park opens, then head to Indy. Indy will run out but not until mid-afternoon. If you get there early it may not even be a long enough line and you can do Standby.

Thank you. Quite helpful. Trying to work out the general touring plan for the first half of each day (i.e plan of attack for park opening) so that is an option for our MM morning.

Priority for my son, not me (never rode it...not sure i'd like the drop, plus need to be careful of big drops for medical reasons). One thing about Splash is we're coming end of August so I imagine the ride gets pretty busy with the heat? Good advice though and will definitely keep in mind for him to get in those extra rides.

Thank you. Quite helpful. Trying to work out the general touring plan for the first half of each day (i.e plan of attack for park opening) so that is an option for our MM morning.

Even with the heat in August, it is not busy in the first hour or two of the morning or last hour or two of the day. It tends to feel a bit chilly during those times, and people are usually rushing around to other things in the morning and wanting to be dry at night. We've also ridden several times at night, and on occasion not had to get out of the log a CM may let you stay if there is no line.

Even with the heat in August, it is not busy in the first hour or two of the morning or last hour or two of the day. It tends to feel a bit chilly during those times, and people are usually rushing around to other things in the morning and wanting to be dry at night. We've also ridden several times at night, and on occasion not had to get out of the log a CM may let you stay if there is no line.

Thanks so much. So basically don't waste a FP on Splash early morning or evening.

Oh yeah I mean, I'm speaking more in an opening weekend/month type situation where the hype is going to be the highest! And dispensing FPs during EMH in combination with people lining up very early with the express intention of getting a GotG FP will make the FPs gone in a hot second! Or make it so that you absolutely have to have to be in line an hour early if you want to get one on an EMH day. But I'm just speculating, only time will tell! I'm just an anxious person so prepared for the worst, hahaha :-)

Remember that DCA EMH is only for hotel guests and remember that ALOT of hotel guests will still opt for RSR since there's a lot of guests with littles who couldn't or wouldn't want to ride GOG.

...and remember...there is no guarantee of what is available in DCA for EMH...so don't get befuddled, have several options or routes.
That's extremely good advice. We went to DCA (on a non-EMH day, even) in March, and RSR, Ariel, and TSMM were all down for the first hour (RSR never came up that day). So you have to be able to re-evaluate and go with the flow.

Oh yeah I mean, I'm speaking more in an opening weekend/month type situation where the hype is going to be the highest! And dispensing FPs during EMH in combination with people lining up very early with the express intention of getting a GotG FP will make the FPs gone in a hot second! Or make it so that you absolutely have to have to be in line an hour early if you want to get one on an EMH day. But I'm just speculating, only time will tell! I'm just an anxious person so prepared for the worst, hahaha :-)
Wondering what you found? We're the fastpasses gone by the time they open the gates at 8am? Did the extra magic hour guests get them all? Going tomorrow and have same issue/concern

I've been checking FP availability on the app since GotG opened and there are definitely FP available after regular park opening and for a while into the day. It might be a fairly late return time for your FP but I haven't seen a day where they were gone before regular park opening on the app.

Just to clarify, it appears the FP machines are activated at 8am. As for EMH, even for GOTG, due to the limited number of people taking advantage, the FP availablility was not a problem on opening weekend. On Sunday, when FP at GOTG opened to all at 9am, first return time was at 940a, which is the standard 40 min time. Within 10 mins it was at 11am.

Wondering what you found? We're the fastpasses gone by the time they open the gates at 8am? Did the extra magic hour guests get them all? Going tomorrow and have same issue/concern
Hi!! So, we got to the gate at about 8 am, an hour before normal opening, there was already a decent line. They started letting in us non-EMH guests at about 8:30 and from there I got into the FastPass Line. It's very well organized, lines clearly marked and CMs with signs directing, and as long as you get there early enough it shouldn't be an issue. They allowed the line of normal guests to start pulling Fastpasses before 9 am even, I pulled mine at about 9:05 and the return time was 11:30am to 12:30pm! I was also handed a FP for 9:25-10:25AM by a CM standing near the fastpass booths!! Amazing!

The ride is totally awesome. I had the biggest smile on my face the whole time! I hope you like it!

I'm assuming they were only letting the non-EMH guests in line to pull FPs at 8:30 rather than boarding attractions early, is that correct?

I'm assuming they were only letting the non-EMH guests in line to pull FPs at 8:30 rather than boarding attractions early, is that correct?
Hmm, well to be honest I wasn't actually paying attention, we just went right for that FastPass line!! But I would imagine that there was some kind of rope situation/regulating happening to keep regular guests from riding rides during the EMH time. Though I'm not positive, I'm sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter