FastPass and Magic Morning

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Are FastPasses available during Magic Morning? And if so, it is worth it to pull them?

e.g. Matterhorn or Indiana Jones at DL

I'm pretty sure Indiana Jones isn't open during magic morning and as of now you can not pull a fast pass during magic morning. Thats this old mans recollection anyways lol.

Fast passes are not distributed during Magic Morning. Also, you can not enter Adventureland or Frontierland at all, it is roped off.

Space was giving out FPs the recent time I went during MM (about 3 weeks ago). It was awesome because I grabbed a FP for 8:20 and could ride another ride during the quiet pre-open time. Most rides though don't open their FPs until park open though.

It is confusing...there is a current thread now that shares that fastpass are avaiable for attractions that are open during MM, that being Matterhorn and Tomorrowland.. There is not a single website to support this hower, Currenlty this site has information that there are no fastpass during MM. There is a site that was update a month ago, and they share that fastpass are not avaiable to open lands. disneyland has not updated this info......why.....because.....rumor has it....that fastpass as Folks who only visit Disneyland know it will be gone......so no one is updating on line, until the big surpise June 1st.....then it won't matter about fastpass. So everyone who has posted, don't feel bad, because I also posted from my experience and what I researched on line, yet there are current trip reports that support that fastpass for MM open lands are being distributed.

Fast passes are not distributed during Magic Morning. Also, you can not enter Adventureland or Frontierland at all, it is roped off.

Isn't Matterhorn in Fantasyland? Good to know the other rides aren't even open during MM.

It is confusing...there is a current thread now that shares that fastpass are avaiable for attractions that are open during MM, that being Matterhorn and Tomorrowland.. There is not a single website to support this hower, Currenlty this site has information that there are no fastpass during MM. There is a site that was update a month ago, and they share that fastpass are not avaiable to open lands. disneyland has not updated this info......why.....because.....rumor has it....that fastpass as Folks who only visit Disneyland know it will be gone......so no one is updating on line, until the big surpise June 1st.....then it won't matter about fastpass. So everyone who has posted, don't feel bad, because I also posted from my experience and what I researched on line, yet there are current trip reports that support that fastpass for MM open lands are being distributed.

Definitely confusing :confused3 (and am still not clear on the answer as sounds like sometimes you can grab Fastpasses during MM and sometimes not...lol).

I assume by 'big surprise' you are talking about Max Pass (or whatever it is called) as that may affect things?

Technically Matterhorn is in Fantasyland, as is IASW, but they're not near anything else there and the lands aren't well defined. Matterhorn used to have lines on the FL side and the TL side, now you enter on the TL side.

Of late, the following attraction HAVE been issuing FPs during EMH/MM:
DCA: RSR and TSMM. I fully expect GotG to join them when it opens.
DL: (H)SM and Matterhorn.

As PPs have said, Adventureland isn't open during MM.

Great. THank you.

So question #2 - Is it worth grabbing Matterhorn FP during magic morning? Or just trying to grab it and then use first FP for something else like Indy or Space (i.e the ones that run out first - from what I've read)?

I am a big fan of the ROA after MM. I can gather several fastpass and plan the morning in the area and three hours after MM opening, have my do list completed. So yes, I would encourage to not grab a Matterhorn FP if you enjoy riding Indy twice than Matterhorn once. First thing in the morning Splash does not require Fp and go directly to BTMRR, it will be a great day

Confirming all of this, as it was this way on our trip in early May a few weeks ago. At EMH start, we would run to (H)SM, grab FPs (return time right after regular park opening), ride HSM. It was great to have a FP for right after park opening, so we could ride Space during EMH a few times, then jump into FP line in first hour of park opening, and ride it again (and could run over and ride some other things right at park opening, since the return window for the HSM FP is one hour). If you want to ride Matterhorn, you can do that pretty easily during EMH. You could grab a FP too, if you want to ride again, and the return time would be right at/after regular park opening. Then you are able to grab another FP right away since that one is used/window has opened. Those lines build quickly at park opening, so I'm all for having a FP for the first hour of the day.

Oooh I am clutching my pearls waiting to see if they will dispense Guardians FP during EMH! I am sincerely hoping that they don't... it's going to be hard enough to get a fastpass as it is :( I mean come on, wouldn't that make it near impossible for normal guests to get a FP on EMH days? I'm planning on going on June 4th to ride which IS an EMH day for DCA, so I'll have my eyes glued to that app starting the 27th :magnify:

Oooh I am clutching my pearls waiting to see if they will dispense Guardians FP during EMH! I am sincerely hoping that they don't... it's going to be hard enough to get a fastpass as it is :( I mean come on, wouldn't that make it near impossible for normal guests to get a FP on EMH days? I'm planning on going on June 4th to ride which IS an EMH day for DCA, so I'll have my eyes glued to that app starting the 27th :magnify:

Even if every person in EMH used their one pre-park opening FP opportunity to get a GoG FP (since each person can only get one FP prior to regular park opening, during EMH), would that be enough to take up all FP for the entire day? I don't know the math on that, but I would not think so. Even with RSR FP machines open during EMH, there are still plenty of FPs until late morning/noon. So hopefully even if they are on during EMH, you would still be able to get one right at park opening, even if return time is quite late. With Max Pass, you can stop after the entrance gate and get one at regular park opening, in theory!

Fingers crossed for you! I won't get to experience for many months, until our next trip!

Even if every person in EMH used their one pre-park opening FP opportunity to get a GoG FP (since each person can only get one FP prior to regular park opening, during EMH), would that be enough to take up all FP for the entire day? I don't know the math on that, but I would not think so. Even with RSR FP machines open during EMH, there are still plenty of FPs until late morning/noon. So hopefully even if they are on during EMH, you would still be able to get one right at park opening, even if return time is quite late. With Max Pass, you can stop after the entrance gate and get one at regular park opening, in theory!
No, I mean i'm not saying that all of the FP will be gone by the end of EMH. But this is a brand new ride and I'm talking about the second weekend it is ever ever open, and with them dispensing FPs during EMH in combination with people lining up over an hour early to get into the park, it will make them verrryyyy hard to get that first few weeks. I'm gonna be one of the people lining up an hour early just to be sure that I can get one :D

Radiator Springs Racers has been open for years so I don't think the current FP situation with that ride will be comparable to the FP for this brand new ride. Like think about back when RSR first opened, the FPs were gone within the first hour for months!!!

I wouldn't think that there would be enough hotel guests doing EMH to scarf up ALL of the FPs, but what it definitely will do (which happens with RSR now) is push up the return times to more than two hours after a non-EMH person can even enter the park. So, even going to the GotG (or RSR) FP machines right at park opening on an EMH day, non-EMH people are going to be at a severe disadvantage because they cannot pull a FP for another attraction until at least two hours later.

Keep in mind that EMH FPs still follow the rules of regular ones. An EMH participant who pulls a FP for GotG or RSR won't be able to get one for another attraction until their window opens (which will be after regular park opening).

I wouldn't think that there would be enough hotel guests doing EMH to scarf up ALL of the FPs, but what it definitely will do (which happens with RSR now) is push up the return times to more than two hours after a non-EMH person can even enter the park. So, even going to the GotG (or RSR) FP machines right at park opening on an EMH day, non-EMH people are going to be at a severe disadvantage because they cannot pull a FP for another attraction until at least two hours later.

Keep in mind that EMH FPs still follow the rules of regular ones. An EMH participant who pulls a FP for GotG or RSR won't be able to get one for another attraction until their window opens (which will be after regular park opening).
Oh yeah I mean, I'm speaking more in an opening weekend/month type situation where the hype is going to be the highest! And dispensing FPs during EMH in combination with people lining up very early with the express intention of getting a GotG FP will make the FPs gone in a hot second! Or make it so that you absolutely have to have to be in line an hour early if you want to get one on an EMH day. But I'm just speculating, only time will tell! I'm just an anxious person so prepared for the worst, hahaha :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter