Fast Passes

rayelias

<font color=peach>An expert on only some things ;)
I understand that the "unwritten rule" for Fast Passes is they're good any time after the "expiration" time. And, up until my most recent trip, this was the case for me, as well.

But, our last trip in May, we were turned away at Expedion Everest for coming after the "expiration."

I was FLOORED! I actually thought the CM was joking, and asked him such. He said, "No" and referred me to the times on the FP. I looked dumbfounded at the other CM next to him who just shrugged his shoulders.

I understand that there are rules, so I just walked away and didn't take it further. But, I was VERY surprised that this happened. It wasn't even particularly busy - there might have been a 45 minute wait in standby.

So, just wanted to let y'all know that don't count on the "unwritten rule" to work 100% of the time.

I would imagine if they were going to turn people away, it would be for EE and Soarin. As of yet, I've never been turned away. I wonder if you got a cast member having a bad day, or someone new. Ultimately, it is up to the cast member taking the FastPasses.

Thanks for the tip.

I saw a group get turned away at Test Track also for expired FP's

I can't say I am surprised to hear that on those rides. I imagine they are the highest volume rides. It may also depend on the CM that you get in the FP line.

As with many things at Disney....if you ask 5 Cast Members, you are likely to get 5 different answers.

Those that have abused the unwritten rule (which was intended specifically for cases where you get stuck on a ride somewhere else or the ride it's self broke down during your FP window or it took longer than expected to get seated for your ADRs, in other words things that you have no control over) have ruined it for everyone, from what I understand they will not accept late FPs anymore, if one of the above situations happens you need to address it at the location where it happened and they can help you, if not then you need to go to Guest Relations and they can help you out.

Hmm, never had that happen. Maybe the fastpass line was pretty bad, or as bad as it really gets. Or maybe it was just a crabby cast member.

We used many late fastpasses last week without any problems at all.

I'm curious, how late were you? An hour - 5 hours - 2 days?

I'm curious, how late were you? An hour - 5 hours - 2 days?

We always used them on the same day and after the first return time. On our last full day at the MK we spent the morning riding rides and collecting fast passes. We came back for dinner at LTT and used most of the fast passes and got a few more. We did have JC and PP left when we were done for the evening and I passed them off to a family coming in. I picked them because they Mom was wearing a lime green shirt. :thumbsup2

I believe they are cracking down on FPs issued for previous days. They began doing that with Soarin' several months ago and they seem to be doing it more and more elsewhere.

But there doesn't seem to be much of a change with same day FPs that are past the window. On our trip a few weeks ago we used several that were 2+ hours past the window, and also some on Soarin' that were about 30 minutes past the window, all with no problems.

For now at least, it seems to still be just a CM here and there that won't allow it, just as has always been the case.

There are also CMs here and there who don't know how things like the rider switch works either, so it's just something that happens on occasion. One option if you get turned away is to try again later when there is a different CM there.

In March, we got a Soarin' Fast Pass and then went to Guest Services to see if we could get a lunch reservation. Much to our surprise, Le Cellier was available but I was concerned about our Soarin' FP expiring while we were there. The CM took our FP's and gave us a new pass which he filled out that didnt' have a ride time specified on it. It was a 'one use' FP for that ride.

I don't want to start a stampede to Guest Services if you have a problem with an expired FP. Still, there are times when 'life happens' . Meals can run late, you may have to run back to your resort, transportation is delayed, etc.

Again, don't want to start a trend, but it might be worth going to Guest Services and appeal to them if you have this problem. As Bawb says "they can't hit ya." (Somebody please help. I think I need an intervention. I'm quoting Bawb. - Or should that be I need an innovention?) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter