Fast pass w/DVC tour

I did the tour last week. They're automatically on your Magic Band, and they're good anytime for five days on anything except Frozen, Mine Train, Peter Pan, and both Pandora attractions.

Three total per person. You might also squeeze a gift card out of them.
We got 3 per person including the 5 year old who got a free visit to Lilo's while we did the tour. We also got a gift card and a tote bag.

Just be careful using them on rides that you already have FP+ for. If you tap in one minute outside the window for yours, it will use theirs. Which could make it where you don't get to use one in some cases.
Is there a way to talk to the CM working the scan point to make sure it uses the actual ride FP as opposed to the anytime FP?

Is there a way to talk to the CM working the scan point to make sure it uses the actual ride FP as opposed to the anytime FP?
Yes - I've done this several times with "anytime" type comp fp. It's easier to wait a few minutes into your scheduled fp time though.

No. This would be a problem because you think you're using your scheduled FP+, but because you're early, it uses your anytime FP instead. Later, you'd try to be se our anytime pass on a diff rent ride and find out it's already been redeemed.
Yes the problem would be when you try and use the anytime FP later, or this ride a second time (as you are right there), but Spash's question is this only going to occur because you are using an anytime a few minutes (but still in grace period) of actual FP and Yes, that is the concern. You aren't likely to be confused by using the anytime FP on something you don't have a FP to, you know that will be one of the 3. It is using it near the window of a prebooked FP

As long as you are inside your FP+ window for your original prebooked FP, you'll be fine. I only mention it because we routinely use the grace periods on either side for entry to some rides and in this one specific case it can cause an issue.

It's nothing to stress over. As long as you are inside the hour window you are ok.

As long as you are inside your FP+ window for your original prebooked FP, you'll be fine. I only mention it because we routinely use the grace periods on either side for entry to some rides and in this one specific case it can cause an issue.

It's nothing to stress over. As long as you are inside the hour window you are ok.
I'm more worried about if we get there a couple minutes late (but still in the grace window)! We'll have to try to make sure we arrive during the window!

We got 3 fast passes each good for 3 days, a $100 gift card, a tote bag, free childcare at Lilo's, and they rescheduled fast passes we missed by taking the tour.

We just did the tour, got $100 gift card, but they made a mistake with our FP and I can't figure out who can help me fix it. We told them at kiosk and in person, that we did not have park tickets to use until later in the month. They attached them to our tickets, to be used right now anyway. Three cast members vaguely assured us they would figure it out, but I still see them on my MDE for use when we are off property. Does anyone know who I should contact to adjust the dates? I even thought they could give us paper fast passes instead. We would not have done the tour without the fast pass incentive, and we were assured before we started that it could be done. My worry is, the CMs don't really know how/care to fix it for us once we sat through the tour.

We met with a DVC sales rep on our NYE cruise on the Magic and as I plan our August 27-30th trip, I'm wondering if I should use our Fastpasses (we have six per person) or if I should wait and load them on our trip planned for June 2018? June sounds like a busier time, right? Any advice? I was told these wouldn't expire but waiting 18 months to use them seems like a long time.

i was able to speak to someone over the phone who handled my date mix up. So for anyone who ends up in a similar position, just be as vocal as you can about he specific dates you could use fast passes on. @micheleq, I would personally use them sooner rather than later. I doubt the August dates are that much slower, and I wouldn't want to risk some sort of system change that eliminates them. That's just my cautious side, though!

I tried signing up for the phone tour but the guy on it said to get fastpasses I would have to do a physical tour.

I'd like to know this as well. We will be there in a week.

I did the over the phone tour three weeks ago. The DVC agent assured me that my family of 5 will all have 3 anytime fast passes when we get to the park. Our vacation starts in 2 days. He just told me to walk up to a fast pass CM in the park and ask them to load them onto our magic bands. I really hope it works!

I told him before I did the tour that we already did an onsite tour two years ago for the fast passes and he didn't care. He still did it for me anyway. Yay!

For those that got the gift card along with the Fastpass is it something you arranged prior or was it a "bonus" they gave you after? I am going with my sister's family who is not really interested but may do it for the fastpasses and bonus. If it could be over the phone even better as we have a pretty full schedule.

For those that got the gift card along with the Fastpass is it something you arranged prior or was it a "bonus" they gave you after? I am going with my sister's family who is not really interested but may do it for the fastpasses and bonus. If it could be over the phone even better as we have a pretty full schedule.
Our Resort DVC kiosk person first talked to me. He seemed to be using the gift card to close the deal on booking a tour. I'm sure it's available to most. But maybe I seemed hesitant and he went ahead and offered it.

i was able to speak to someone over the phone who handled my date mix up. So for anyone who ends up in a similar position, just be as vocal as you can about he specific dates you could use fast passes on. @micheleq, I would personally use them sooner rather than later. I doubt the August dates are that much slower, and I wouldn't want to risk some sort of system change that eliminates them. That's just my cautious side, though!

Good advice! I'm cautious too!

Did those of you who took the tour recently schedule it in advance, or just walk up to a DVC kiosk? I filled out the form online to schedule a tour in advance, because I figured that'd be easier than trying to fit it in last minute. I hope we still get the gift card and that's not just something they offer as incentive to people who walk up to the kiosks. I'm hoping to schedule it for the afternoon we arrive so we'll have most of the week to use the FPs. I'd do it just for the FPs but an extra $50-$100 would be super nice!

Just so everyone knows you can only do it once every 6 months I believe (might be once every year) and you do not always get everything. Sometimes it is the FPs only, sometimes AMC gift cards, sometimes Disney gift cards, and sometimes a mixture. It depends on how desperate they are to sell points at the time.

Also you have to have a paid for ticket. IF you are going on a complementary ticket or CM ticket we were told you are not eligible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter