FarmVILLE on Facebook

Maybe they were testing something. I could swear there was a special "Games" tab on the side and all my game content was there. I have been off of FB for over a month so I was pretty happy with the change. I logged in today and it was back to the old way.

I really don't understand why they won't do that. I can't imagine a single person who wants their game stuff in their real posts anyway. Then again, I really liked when FB was grouping the game posts and you had to click to get to them but some folks didn't like that either.

I have a Games link on the left, and it does indeed have requests from Games, not News Feed postings. There are special filters you can apply to show News Feed postings from only certain applications, but last I checked, it was still buggy (requiring some extra client software, which I actually have installed into Firefox, to make them work properly). However, that just limits the page to a specific application. I've not seen anything indicating that they're working on a way to eliminate whole classes of postings from the News Feed. That would be absolutely great.

So I mostly like the new changes to the crafting cottage UI. Two big problems though:

First, posting the bonus after getting bushels from a neighbor locks up the UI. I've had lots of problems posting bonuses in the past; I generally post very few because of how flaky it is. However, this is 100% reliable - it always locks up. Another reason not to post bonuses to the feed. :( They have got to stop using the feed, and put such posts in the game. We're playing FarmVille - we're not playing Facebook.

Second, it is a little harder now to check to see how long each stall has left before it closes. I use this information to know which crop to seed. It takes about double the clicks now.

Other than that, it's mostly good. The buying of goods from neighbors is much better than before, and the using of goods is still pretty good. I like how you can see, on one screen, the crops you need to make a specific recipe, and get bushels directly from that screen. But I also like that you have to go into the neighbor's stall to get the bushels (rather than just getting them from that recipe-specific page) because that way I can see, better, which other crops I might want to get from that neighbor.

One thing I really like about the new Combine has to do with co-ops, especially the new co-ops for crafting cottage recipes.

The way co-ops work is that once you join the co-op the system keeps track of how many plots of a specific crop that you seed. Only that many plots of that crop count toward the number of plots harvested for that crop for that co-op. However, they do not keep track of which plots are which. They just keep a count.

So how the Combine helps here is as follows.

Unless you have a billion neighbors, all with the same kind of crafting cottage, you're going to end up doing that co-op a few times at least. Let's say you are the one who Completes the co-op (the first time). You're also going to start the second round of the co-op. However, ou've already got some more of your farm planted, and of course all of your neighbors who were in on the co-op probably have their farms planted as well. This has always been an issue with co-ops... how to make these plots count for the second round of the co-op?

What some people have done in the past is harvest a plot, plow it, seed it with the same crop (and so now the count of plots seeded is +1). Then, when you do the same to the next plot, the harvest of that plot counts toward the second co-op (because of the +1). Using this leap-frog approach, you can basically avoid the "wasted harvests" that typically happen in-between co-ops. However, harvesting, plowing, seeding, bit by bit, is tedious.

The Combine does that work for you. The first set of plots are indeed "wasted", but since you're harvesting, plowing and seeding in that one click, the plots you point the Combine at for your second click count toward the second co-op (because of the seeding you did with your first click!) So only that first set of plots are "wasted"... all the rest of the plots you process with your Combine count immediately toward the co-op, for both seeding and harvesting.

OK...did everyone get the haunted house and McDonald's balloon today?

Got my haunted house Tuesday night and my McDonald's balloon/McCafe today. Really just a shameless promotion for McDonald's and their Monopoly game. :sad2:

Really just a shameless promotion for McDonald's and their Monopoly game. :sad2:
Yup...that's the point for the McDonald's farm. I would think McDonald's could come up with another game to play in their restaurants. I mean...I remember getting Monopoly pieces when I was a kid (now in my 40's). They should change the name from Monopoly to Monotony! :rolleyes:

Got my haunted house Tuesday night and my McDonald's balloon/McCafe today. Really just a shameless promotion for McDonald's and their Monopoly game. :sad2:

I thought it was because Zynga wanted to show McDonald's how many "hits" they could get. So McDonald's would consider a promotion in the near future.

I thought the McDonalds promotion was a "McFlop" as one of my FV friends said. Why would I want any of those ballooons? Lame, if you ask me!

Does anyone understand what the frappe thing is going to do for us? I know it says make you move at 2x the speed around your farm... am I just not getting what that means?

Does anyone understand what the frappe thing is going to do for us? I know it says make you move at 2x the speed around your farm... am I just not getting what that means?
I'm not sure either and I don't know if it's going to work since my farmer...and most of my neighbor's farmers are trapped. You can't move too much faster when you the farmer is trapped. :laughing:

I'm not sure either and I don't know if it's going to work since my farmer...and most of my neighbor's farmers are trapped. You can't move too much faster when you the farmer is trapped. :laughing:

Good point! I need to harvest soon..maybe my Combine is going to move at lightning speed...........:rotfl:

I am in need of some new neighbors, anyone interested? Seems like lots of people have stopped playing :sad2:

Glad they upped the gift box so we could hold on to more candy, kinda stinks though, because I wasn't pulling it off my feed, because I didn't think I would be able to hold on to it!

I am in need of some new neighbors, anyone interested? Seems like lots of people have stopped playing :sad2:

Glad they upped the gift box so we could hold on to more candy, kinda stinks though, because I wasn't pulling it off my feed, because I didn't think I would be able to hold on to it!

I have the same problem, I just pm'd you! Would love to be your neighbor.

I really cut back on the amount I was playing when they came out with all the crafting stuff and the co-ops. It just got too difficult to manage. I spend enough time computer. I still hop on occasionally and send gifts but I'm really not planting and harvesting any crops at this point.

I am always looking for new neighbors! Just look up Buffie Veselka and send me a request. I have gotten some great neighbors from the DIS!

can someone answer me this?

i had a friend who was 10-15000 behind me....in four days she surpassed that and is now 45000 above me. th eonly thing i can think of is if she's using a grab bar for all the extra xp. i removed her, she figured it out and msg'd me not once but twice on fb last nite and this am saying what's going on???

i have no proof of cheating but am highly suspicious. any thoughts?

ps looking for more new neighbours as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter