Fantasy Eastern Feb 8-15 2014-Cupids in the Caribbean-TRIP REPORT COMPLETED 7/17!

Joining in!! Great report so far!

Your girls are about the same age we my sister and I were on our first cruise many years ago. We had an amazing trip with so many fun family memories...and I'm sure you/yours will too! :cheer2:

Joining in!! Great report so far!

Your girls are about the same age we my sister and I were on our first cruise many years ago. We had an amazing trip with so many fun family memories...and I'm sure you/yours will too! :cheer2:

Thanks for joining in!

We had such a great time with memories that are sure to last forever!

After we finished up wandering around the Oceaneer Lab and Oceaneer Club our room was ready. I think DH was glad that he could finally be free of our carry-ons. We were all pretty excited to check out the view from the verandah.

Going in I had been a little concerned how our view would be affected by having a life boat below us. The next few pictures show that I had no reason to be concerned at all. Unless we looked straight down we didn't even notice that it was there.

I also took the opportunity to hang up our FE. I mentioned in a previous post that I made an FE that allowed for me to not have to sew. I think it worked well for the space allowed.

At this point we decided that we would split up for a little while. DH and DD10 went one direction, while DD7 and I went the other way. DD7 wanted to check out the pools and Aquaduck, so we headed straight up to deck 11. There were a few brave souls in the water, but we thought it was downright chilly!

DD7 thought the Aqua Lab looked like it would be a fun place to hang out once we got some warmer weather.

We decided to head to the aft of the ship to check out the mini golf. Apparently great minds think alike, because there was DH and DD10! We snapped a quick pic of them before sneaking away.

It was getting close to 2:30, so we started making our way to the D Lounge for our cruise meet and greet. Along the way I found myself in another bathroom taking pictures!

As we passed through La Piazza DD7 couldn't resist this photo op.

We met up with DH and DD10 and headed to our cruise meet and greet at the D Lounge. One of our Facebook group members did an awesome job of organizing this meet and greet, the FE exchange, and a private Mixology class. It was neat to meet some of the group members and we all gathered for a group picture before we headed on our way.

Up next: Sail Away Party

Joining in! Your daughters are so cute. Loving all the pics. We also will be looking at a super long countdown (waiting for dates to be released for October 2015 bookings). Definitely need to check Pinterest for your amazing FE.

Joining in! Your daughters are so cute. Loving all the pics. We also will be looking at a super long countdown (waiting for dates to be released for October 2015 bookings). Definitely need to check Pinterest for your amazing FE.

Thanks for joining in! When we booked our cruise it seemed like it was forever away, but then when it came down to last month before the trip I felt like I had so much left to get ready! Joining the Facebook group definitely helped pass the time, as did joining the FE group. We had fun making our bead project for the gift exchange. It was fun because it was something that we could work on together.

After our meet and greet we explored for a little bit longer before heading to our muster station at the Buena Vista Theater. I was happy that we were able to sit back and relax while we listened to the instructions.

After muster we immediately headed up to deck 12 for the Sail Away Party. When we arrived there was plenty of room on deck 11 in front of the stage, but we liked being on deck 12 because the kids were able to easily see what was going on. It was chilly and rainy, but we didn’t care. We were on the Fantasy!

We were all having a blast dancing and being silly. I love how happy and relaxed DH looks in this next picture. He was definitely ready for a week away from his phone and computer.

They did an awesome job of pumping up the crowd and getting everyone even more excited for what was yet to come.

I think it was about this time that we realized that we were moving, so we moved our dance party to the side. We were having a blast dancing and waving at onlookers as we went by.

It was fun to see Fishlips from this perspective after eating there the night before.

There were several people gathered to see us off on this cloudy afternoon.

So long Cocoa Beach!

You mentioned trying someplace other than Cabana's for lunch on the first day. What other restaurants are open for that lunch meal?

Loving your pictures and report!

You mentioned trying someplace other than Cabana's for lunch on the first day. What other restaurants are open for that lunch meal?

Loving your pictures and report!

Thanks for joining in! Enchanted Garden is also open for lunch on embarkation day. My understanding is that on embarkation day they have a smaller buffet than Cabanas, but most of the same food is available. The main difference is that you get seated so you don't have to search for a table and servers bring you your beverages.

If it was a nicer day we possibly would have gone to the pools right away. If we had done that we could have also grabbed some lunch at Fillmore's Favorites, Luigi's Pizza, or Tow Mater's Grill.

Following along! Love it!
Doing Fantasy eastern next February!

Thanks! We loved the eastern itinerary and would do it again in a heartbeat.

After the Sail Away Party we went back to our room to freshen up a bit before dinner. Our dining rotation was ERAERAE, so our first dinner was at the Enchanted Garden. We were quickly seated at table #45 and I was surprised that we had a table for 4. I was kind of happy because then nobody had to deal with us when we got squirrely!

Thankfully DD10 told her dad that he needed to behave at the table!

I didn't take many pictures of our food during the week, but I did take some notes on what we had to eat. The girls were told that they were free to eat off of the kids menu and the adult menu. This was music to DD10's ears because she could have the best of both worlds. She ended up having the prime rib from the adult menu. She was pretty tickled when our server Wek cut it up for her and fed her the first bite. For me the highlight of my meal was the Ahi Tower appetizer. I had to laugh at DH because his Esterhazy Cake was so pretty that "we have to take a picture."

I also enjoyed finding a Mickey in my apple cinnamon sundae that I had for dessert.

I think DD7's face expresses how we all felt about our first night dining on the Disney Fantasy!

After dinner we went to the Mirror, Mirror game show. It was a fun game/show featuring the Magic Mirror and Dopey. The first round consisted of groups based on where you were sitting. The group decided as a whole the answers to questions. DD10 was excited because she got to hold the answer stick for our group.

DD7 and I also got to participate during another segment of the game. DD7 had to dress as a dwarf, while I chased around for jewels. Stu took video of this segment, but I don't think I will post it. Nobody needs to see me running around! I was glad we went and we all had a good time.

After the game we headed to the evenings show-Fantasy Come True. We all enjoyed ourselves, but we were all definitely wearing out. After the show we decided to call it a night since our lack of sleep the last couple of days was starting to catch up with us. On our way back to the room we ran into Tiana! What a great way to wrap up such an exciting day!

Up next: Our first sea day

Joining in. Great report. We were on the Fantasy in January for the Western and loved every minute that we booked for next year for the Eastern. I know how you feel, this waiting is killing me. I can't wait.

Joining in. Great report. We were on the Fantasy in January for the Western and loved every minute that we booked for next year for the Eastern. I know how you feel, this waiting is killing me. I can't wait.

Thanks for joining in! You are so lucky to be going again next year!

Subscribing....great report! Can't wait to hear more about it!
:surfweb::dance3:

Thank you!

Subscribing... great report!

Thanks for reading!

Hi Heidi - loving your report. It is bringing back so many memories :)

Hi! It's nice to "see" you! Can you believe that it was already a month ago that we were on the Fantasy?

We were really looking forward to sleeping in on our first sea day, but it just wasn’t meant to be. DH and I were both wide awake by 6, so DH decided to head down to deck four for a run. For any walkers or runners out there two and a half laps equal a mile.

Once he returned we made our way up to Cabanas for some breakfast. DD10 was thrilled when she found the Krispy Kreme donuts! I was quite fond of the chocolate pastry they had myself!

We made our way back to our room and got dressed for a morning at the pool. I saw in the Navigator that there was a very special character that the girls would like to meet before heading to the pool. I told DH that DD10 and I would get in line and that he should bring DD7 to us a little while later so the character would be a surprise for her. On our way to Preludes meet area DD10 and I decided we better take some more pictures!

I just loved all of the details you could find anywhere you turned.

This was one of the few times we saw an empty desk at Guest Services. I think it was just too early for many people!

I think I took about 20 pictures of this mural over the course of the week! It was definitely one of my favorites.

DD10 decided was should have a little photo shoot since the atrium was so quiet.

We noticed that a couple of people had to started to line-up for the character meet, so we decided to join them. About 10 minutes later DH and DD7 arrived. I didn’t tell the girls who we were in line to see, so they were pretty excited to see Anna from Frozen come out!

We were talking with the family in front of us and they were at WDW the week before the cruise. They said the wait to see Anna at Epcot was FOUR HOURS! They were pretty happy with the fifteen minutes that we waited for her to arrive on the Fantasy!

I would say we were out at the pool by 9:30 and I felt like it was already pretty busy. We were able to find a couple of chairs under the movie screen. It wasn’t ideal because they were in the shade and the sound from the movie playing was loud, but I was just happy to have a seat.

There were lifeguards at the pools and they were definitely kept busy. Just in the time we were at the pool I saw this particular lifeguard help 3 kids out of the water that were having a hard time.

DD10 had a blast chilling out in the pool while watching the movie that was playing. I sure wish I could relax like that!

After we were out there for about two hours we headed back to the room to shower. After grabbing a quick lunch at Cabanas the kids decided that they wanted to head to the kids’ club. On our way to the club we came across our favorite mouse. We really had a great time meeting with characters with such a small wait.

Up next: Mixology!

I am really enjoying your report! I remember reading your reports a couple of years ago - your girls have grown so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter