Fantasy 6/11 sailing- eMed home test process

princesscinderella

DIS Veteran
DVC Premium
I thought I’d share the eMed home testing process that we just went through for our 6/11 Fantasy sailing since we are one of the first cruises to no longer have to test at the port.

I ordered the 6 pack for $150 for our family of 5 as soon as the change was announced and had them delivered by fedEx the next day. The total with shipping was $181.

We are a family of 5 so it took a little bit of time to complete the tests for everyone because I used the same account I set up when I ordered the test for everyone. Once you scan the eMed barcode on the box it prompts you to login. It will ask if you are the one taking the test or you can select you are assisting someone else (you would choose this option for the rest of your family).

Once you fill out a demographic information with you name, DOB, address, etc, you will proceed to the next step which checks your microphone, camera and internet connection. Once you pass those checks you will be connected with an agent. You will need to prop your phone on a table where not only yourself but the tabletop is visible where you will have the test box. They will confirm your name and day of birth and you will show your ID to the camera. They will flip the camera views from forward facing and to the rear camera automatically based on their needs. Then they will have you open the test kit and show the QR code to the back phone camera for scanning.

Once it’s scanned now it’s time to do the test. You are watched on camera to make sure all part of the test process are completed properly. You do not see the phone agent on screen but you see a chat box and a small window that shows what your camera feed is. You open the test card (ours was Abbott binaxNow Ag antigen), then you open the liquid vial and place 6 drops in the upper hole in the card. You are then asked to open the nasal swab, place it in left nostril and circle 5 times and repeat on the right side. You then place the swab in the second hole and slide it up til it’s visible in the first hole. You then rotate it three time, peel of the sticky tape on the side and then close the card shut so you can see the test panel on the front (it looks like a lollipop with the swab hanging out). At this point the agent sets a 15 minute timer, instructs you not to touch the test on the table, and disconnects on their end saying another agent will be back to verify the results. They also let you know you don’t have to sit in front of the camera during the wait. You can see your camera feed on the screen that they are recording to make sure the test isn’t tampered with during the 15 minutes wait.

Once the timer is up you are prompted to hit a button to connect with an agent to confirm your results. Once connected with an agent they will ask you to hold the card up again to the rear camera to scan the QR code and see the results. They then ask you to confirm if you see two lines or one line in the control section. Once you confirm you received only one line they let you know they are emailing you the report that says you tested negative. Almost immediately the negative result report showed up in my inbox. I took a screenshot and cropped it so only the results letter showed up and saved it to my camera roll. I repeated this same process 4 more times with each member of my family all on my same eMed account just selecting I was assisting them, then putting their name and information in. For minors you show your photo ID.

You also have the option to create a Navient account to give you a QR code but I didn’t do this because we aren’t flying in and only needed the letter from eMed. You may need separate Navient accounts for everyone if you require their verification too.

Once I had everyone’s results I logged into safe passage and uploaded the results for me and the kids and then logged into my husband’s and loaded his in too. We are now awaiting clearance to sail.

ETA: We got our clear to sail emails individually in order of when I uploaded the results not quite 24 hours later in approximately 30 minutes intervals. They did not clear all of us in the cabin all at once.
image-jpg.675170

Attachments

• 1C0CA8F7-0FDB-43B8-A3FE-F0979D625DE1.jpeg
    1C0CA8F7-0FDB-43B8-A3FE-F0979D625DE1.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Thank you. This is very helpful. Probably going this route for our July cruise, since we will be in Orlando a week before the cruise departs.

This was super helpful. Many thanks to you for sharing so much detail. Definitely helps eliminate some anxiety for our July cruise.

Thank you! For those of us with upcoming cruises this helps a lot. I've started getting
anxious but love the way you have broken it down.

Thank you. This is very helpful. Probably going this route for our July cruise, since we will be in Orlando a week before the cruise departs.

This was super helpful. Many thanks to you for sharing so much detail. Definitely helps eliminate some anxiety for our July cruise.

Thank you! For those of us with upcoming cruises this helps a lot. I've started getting
anxious but love the way you have broken it down.
You’re welcome 😊. I too was anxious about the testing because other than our testing at the port for our April cruise, covid testing has not been something we have done on a regular basis. I was a pro by the time I had done the 5th test. I much prefer his method to the stress of testing at the port after traveling so far to get on the ship to be turned away if it comes out positive. Everyone is always so helpful on this board, I figured I’d pass my experience along. Happy testing everyone :flower3:

Thank you so much for your information regarding testing through eMed. We are sailing in July and our eMed tests arrived this week. There are 3 of us. So, all 3 of us can be on my account? When it asks who is testing, I would test first. Would I wait for my test results and then tell the proctor that my wife is testing next and then my son? What exactly would I do if I test first? Am worried about not doing all this correctly.

Thank you so much for your information regarding testing through eMed. We are sailing in July and our eMed tests arrived this week. There are 3 of us. So, all 3 of us can be on my account? When it asks who is testing, I would test first. Would I wait for my test results and then tell the proctor that my wife is testing next and then my son? What exactly would I do if I test first? Am worried about not doing all this correctly.
You disconnect the web call between tests for each person and start the process again by scanning the eMed QR code on the next box. It took about 20-25 minutes start to finish per person. My login information was retained between each test, you select assisting someone else once you have tested yourself. It doesn’t appear that results are kept on their website where you can log back in, you just get the email report, I can’t find a login spot to just look at my account on their website on my phone, maybe the full site on a pc has that option. If you choose the additional Navica account maybe they are preserved there since it generates a scannable QR code and has its own app.

Did anyone else run into this: We too used the eMed test for the 6/11 sailing and that part was smooth. The PDF file of our results is protected (you have to put your birthday, just like other tests). Unlike other tests, it looks like that layer of protection stays with the file. The results we uploaded yesterday were rejected because they were password protected. I’ve resent the results as a screenshot, or one might try putting your birthday in the comments area. We have the negative test results, so we’re not worried, just an unwanted complication.

Did anyone else run into this: We too used the eMed test for the 6/11 sailing and that part was smooth. The PDF file of our results is protected (you have to put your birthday, just like other tests). Unlike other tests, it looks like that layer of protection stays with the file. The results we uploaded yesterday were rejected because they were password protected. I’ve resent the results as a screenshot, or one might try putting your birthday in the comments area. We have the negative test results, so we’re not worried, just an unwanted complication.

Take a screenshot of the letter, upload the photo

Yes mine were also password protected with DOB that’s why I just took a screenshot of the open pdf results to upload to safe passage.

This was super helpful! We take our eMeds tomorrow. Do you know if you can use a computer to be less fiddly than the phone?

Has anyone tried to get reimbursed for the test from insurance? My insurance company will cover a certain number of home tests per month. I wonder if this is considered a home test. :)

Has anyone tried to get reimbursed for the test from insurance? My insurance company will cover a certain number of home tests per month. I wonder if this is considered a home test. :)
I didn’t try because we have such a high deductible that I don’t they they would be covered anyway but it doesn’t hurt to try, the worst they can say is they don’t cover it.

My insurance will only cover up to $14 per test kit (unless they are the random brand the pharmacy gives, those are free) so you may only be reimbursed a fraction of the cost of each of the binax monitored ones

Thanks for this but I was wondering, these were for phone instructions. Can I assume there were also the ability to run this test using a PC? For us we just feel more at easy on a PC, thanks in advance..

Thanks for this but I was wondering, these were for phone instructions. Can I assume there were also the ability to run this test using a PC? For us we just feel more at easy on a PC, thanks in advance..
On the eMed website, they have a help email. The best answer is to go directly to the company and ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!