Fantasmic Thread!

Rancho check-in expirence:

You walk in and a CM will be at the barrel. She checks you in and gives you the menu to look at it. It's a bit chaotic because it's right in the middle of everything. You also get a laminated pass thing. You keep that with you until you pay. After you check in and decide what you want you go up to the window to order your food. There is a complete separate window for Fantasmic food. I asked about substituting and they said no. That makes sense when you see the set up since they have the food at a complete separate window.

You get your food and get your drink and then go to the register where you pay. Annual pass discounts apply. You hand the cashier your laminated pass and get your ticket.

It's obvious it's new for the CMs as the CM and the register was a little confused, but got it figured out. Also as a solo- it was a lot to carry and get my payment out.

I got the shrimp tacos and I gotta say the food is was really good. I liked this better than the River Belle Brunch. The cake is perfect after the spicy tacos.

They have some logistics to work out. It's slow. And I must of had good timing because now the line to check in for the package is way out the door. I did check in 15mins early.
I want that cake! Looks like a great meal.

Rancho check-in expirence:

You walk in and a CM will be at the barrel. She checks you in and gives you the menu to look at it. It's a bit chaotic because it's right in the middle of everything. You also get a laminated pass thing. You keep that with you until you pay. After you check in and decide what you want you go up to the window to order your food. There is a complete separate window for Fantasmic food. I asked about substituting and they said no. That makes sense when you see the set up since they have the food at a complete separate window.

You get your food and get your drink and then go to the register where you pay. Annual pass discounts apply. You hand the cashier your laminated pass and get your ticket.

It's obvious it's new for the CMs as the CM and the register was a little confused, but got it figured out. Also as a solo- it was a lot to carry and get my payment out.

I got the shrimp tacos and I gotta say the food is was really good. I liked this better than the River Belle Brunch. The cake is perfect after the spicy tacos.

They have some logistics to work out. It's slow. And I must of had good timing because now the line to check in for the package is way out the door. I did check in 15mins early.
Thank you so much for sharing this! When you have time I would love your impressions of the food.

I can’t believe the kids meals come with just an orange! No rice or beans or anything! That is barely any food!

My kid won’t eat any of that it anyway so I’ll be buying him a different meal from Stage Coach and I’ll just eat his Fantasmic meal I guess. Better come hungry 😂😂

Thank you so much for sharing this! When you have time I would love your impressions of the food.

I can’t believe the kids meals come with just an orange! No rice or beans or anything! That is barely any food!

My kid won’t eat any of that it anyway so I’ll be buying him a different meal from Stage Coach and I’ll just eat his Fantasmic meal I guess. Better come hungry 😂😂
My shrimp tacos were good. If I ordered again i would ask for the sauce on the side. It's good, but spicy. I loved the rice- it was so flavorful. And the potato salad- very good. Beans were beans.. I don't think you can mess up refried beans lol.

The second showing ticket says to arrive between 10-1030. I have a spot for castle fireworks near frontier land entrance. We shall see what it's like to try to get over there from here after fireworks. I plan to watch the projections if no pyro- tho I want to see the up house so here is to hoping. It's not windy on the ground..

20 minutes to showtime. Rb 1st showing nearly full. Only back and side by standby left not crowded at all. Most sitting criss cross.

FYI. Bridge traffic was held about 740 and spont line formed long the base of bridge wrapping toward pirates. At 750 they opened the bridge to allow filing into standby to watch.

20240526_204008.jpg

Does anyone have the BB menu to share? I’m hoping it includes the monte Cristo???

It's 10:22 and I just sat down in the rancho section. The check in process is chaos. They need signage. I watched castle fireworks near frontier land entrance and right when it ended headed toward ROA. I made it to harbor gallery fairly easy. They may have had them on Friday and I didn't notice, but tonight the CMs directions traffic had different covered flash lights for the different direction of traffic. That was nice. Anyway- get to harbor gallery and it's a cluster. They finally announce where the line for each package is and they snake way past up the hill. With the construction walls this created a terrible bottle neck. They did finally move the lines down (picture). They moved riverbelle first, BB second, and rancho last. The rancho line did not start to move until 10:18... was kinda stressing me out. But they did it. They got everyone in. And I managed fireworks and Fantasmic in same night.. and honesty it's totally doable. I even stopped for popcorn. I think I could have done it without the package too.. because I was right next to Frontierland when fireworks ended I was moving pretty quick and could have snagged a standby spot. However I am appreciating sitting after standing for about 1.5 hours for my fireworks spot.

This would be harder to manage if my kids were with me. We would have needed a restroom, etc.

I think my view from rancho tonight is better then I had in RB section on Friday.. but that's more to do with my position in the section and lack of bloggers at the front holding up their phones..

Attachments

• IMG_5947.jpeg
    IMG_5947.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5949.jpeg
    IMG_5949.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 29
It's 10:22 and I just sat down in the rancho section. The check in process is chaos. They need signage. I watched castle fireworks near frontier land entrance and right when it ended headed toward ROA. I made it to harbor gallery fairly easy. They may have had them on Friday and I didn't notice, but tonight the CMs directions traffic had different covered flash lights for the different direction of traffic. That was nice. Anyway- get to harbor gallery and it's a cluster. They finally announce where the line for each package is and they snake way past up the hill. With the construction walls this created a terrible bottle neck. They did finally move the lines down (picture). They moved riverbelle first, BB second, and rancho last. The rancho line did not start to move until 10:18... was kinda stressing me out. But they did it. They got everyone in. And I managed fireworks and Fantasmic in same night.. and honesty it's totally doable. I even stopped for popcorn. I think I could have done it without the package too.. because I was right next to Frontierland when fireworks ended I was moving pretty quick and could have snagged a standby spot. However I am appreciating sitting after standing for about 1.5 hours for my fireworks spot.

This would be harder to manage if my kids were with me. We would have needed a restroom, etc.

I think my view from rancho tonight is better then I had in RB section on Friday.. but that's more to do with my position in the section and lack of bloggers at the front holding up their phones..
Great view! Are you all the way to the right of the section?

Thank you! We have a lunch reservation for the package at BB. I wonder if the menu is the same or includes the monte cristo? I could only find one review of the lunch online that shows what I’m hoping is the menu!!
If it’s not on the Fantasmic menu you could always ask if you can order it from the regular menu. I don’t know if they will do that this year but in years past we were able to order anything we wanted off the River Belle regular menu.

Great view! Are you all the way to the right of the section?
I was kinda in the middle of the section- about 3 people back. We got misted on.

Really enjoyed the show. Fantasmic is my fave. It looks good folks. Dragon or no dragon. The ending scene with Mickey is still great and full of theatrics and still has a wow moment. Peter Pan segment coming back.. I love it so much.

And with that my fantasmic experience has ended for this trip. I need to go to bed because I actually have early entry for universal super Mario world tomorrow and my Uber picks me up in about 7 hours from now.. (who needs sleep). I'm coming back to Disney tomorrow afternoon/evening and have a dessert party for world of color.

Thanks to everyone on this thread! And with that my journey comes to an end.. (please tell me someone knows my reference)...

Thank you! We have a lunch reservation for the package at BB. I wonder if the menu is the same or includes the monte cristo? I could only find one review of the lunch online that shows what I’m hoping is the menu!!
I've seen two TikTok videos with the BB Fantasmic Lunch menu and the lunch menu did have the Monte Cristo, as you saw Dinner doesn't. I think the Starters and desserts were the same but a few of the main dishes were different for lunch.

I was kinda in the middle of the section- about 3 people back. We got misted on.

Really enjoyed the show. Fantasmic is my fave. It looks good folks. Dragon or no dragon. The ending scene with Mickey is still great and full of theatrics and still has a wow moment. Peter Pan segment coming back.. I love it so much.

And with that my fantasmic experience has ended for this trip. I need to go to bed because I actually have early entry for universal super Mario world tomorrow and my Uber picks me up in about 7 hours from now.. (who needs sleep). I'm coming back to Disney tomorrow afternoon/evening and have a dessert party for world of color.

Thanks to everyone on this thread! And with that my journey comes to an end.. (please tell me someone knows my reference)...
Woman, you do not mess around with these solo trips! You are living my dream life right now! 😂 Have fun tomorrow!

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but that is crazy Blue Bayou has entrees that are now $10 extra on top of the $89. Kind of an interesting choice. I know they had special apps for $8-$10 extra (calamari for example), but never had that for entrees before.

I have a hip/groin thing, part injury, part arthritis that I am in PT for. Very slow progress and criss cross seating is a no go for me. Would they let you use a cushion with one of those little backs attached? Often called stadium cushion. No legs, so it isn’t elevated. I have multiple RB /Rancho packages reserved for June while I figure out my trip logistics. Hoping a BB comes open.

Thanks for all your reports! It sounds like you’ve had a MARVELOUS time without a moment’s lull! Wanna hear about the rest, too, as you finish up!

I’m sure gonna miss Hungry Bear…as a person with a lot of food issues, none of these menus are gonna work for me. Guess I’ll just pay and get my ticket…after all, that’s really what you’re paying for is a place to view the show. I’ll prolly just do the kid Mac and cheese at RZ, that should work.
I can’t wait for July to come ! :smickey:

Now..if only Rogers the Musical would make a surprise appearance :rotfl2:

Wow! We were in the River Belle Terrace dining area, close to front, on the Blue Bayou side, and didn't experience that at all. We were sitting, then standing, and sitting again. No one told us to cross our legs or how to sit. No one came by with a flashlight.

You must have been sitting on the other side. I think you had the guy who threated people in line to not allow them to sit in the dining package area if they didn't disperse. I wish I caught his name.

On our side, a very enthusiastic CM (Marc) came to the front and announced that the time we've been waiting for has finally arrived. He said that, after 398 days, our beloved Fantasmic was going to return in just three minutes. He asked for everyone to be seated and announced again that, if someone needed to stand, they should make their way to the back where the standing area was. He pumped up the crowd and asked to hear some noise as he looked at his watch and announced that Fantasmic would start in just two minutes. Everyone cheered. He was great!

The photo below was taken of the RBT seating at 8:25 pm on Friday night. You can see that some people were standing. Some had their legs stretched out and there was still a decent amount of space in between groups.

View attachment 863202

Below is a photo of the Blue Bayou seating at 8:25 pm on Friday night. It was more crowded towards the center of the section. Still, there were plenty of people standing.

View attachment 863199
Yeah we were all the way to the other side. It looks to me like our whole half is pretty seated in your photo except for one man - I guarantee that soon as he stood up, he was told to sit down!

A manager was telling the CMs when we were lined up that RBT was oversold for the night, so I think they were really trying to pack us in.

I think we are going to switch our dining package to Rancho. When I go on the app, I need to select a time, but can we eat there at anytime throughout the day or only at the time we selected?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter