Fantasmic Thread!

Look at this zoomed in photo of the Blue Bayou dining area. Behind the woman in the blue cap, you can see a man with a trash can. He is walking through the roped off walk way. On the other side of the walk way is the wall you are talking about. Is that correct? If so, people can't sit behind the rope where the woman in the blue cap is standing. Her red blanket is pretty much at the end of the area where people are allowed to sit.

View attachment 863066

By the way, that man with the trash can was awesome. He kept walking up and down in between the groups asking if anyone had anything to throw away. He was super nice.

So there is no viewing area along ROA to the right of where that woman is standing? That's where the grey bricks get to wall height:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/9Q5p17z5NCjvviWh8

Then one row up there are red bricks that are wide enough to sit on:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/oMsbsBMpRhpMtaKL8

Maybe they keep that area clear for people walking through NOS?

So there is no viewing area along ROA to the right of where that woman is standing? That's where the grey bricks get to wall height:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/9Q5p17z5NCjvviWh8

Then one row up there are red bricks that are wide enough to sit on:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/oMsbsBMpRhpMtaKL8

Maybe they keep that area clear for people walking through NOS?
As @LKing said the area between the dining package seating area and that grey brick wall is the pathway for guests in the dining package area. So there is no seating on that wall. A cast member will be walking along that path making sure all dining package guests are within the roped off area and not blocking the path and not sitting on the wall.

The red bricks that you show are basically on the third tier/level of the paths through NOS. Not sure if they keep that side open as the path or the other side... But either way there would be several rows of people standing in front of you at that position.

I wonder why they made the back row stand last night. I’ve never seen that before. I’ve been in the very back and never had to stand.
People were choosing to stand back there. Maybe a few later people had to stand in the back because there was no space left, but most people there wanted to stand. When they forced everyone to sit and cross their legs over an hour before the show, a lot of people said they couldn’t stay that way for over an hour and chose to go stand at the back. They were telling people they might not have enough standing room at that point.

The crocodile doesn’t fit through the renovated ROA entrance, so it’s not coming back. We were sad about that.

When they forced everyone to sit and cross their legs over an hour before the show, a lot of people said they couldn’t stay that way for over an hour and chose to go stand at the back. They were telling people they might not have enough standing room at that point.
On Friday, they let us stand wherever our seats were until a couple of minutes before the show started. If people needed to stand during the show (or expected to need to stand during the show) they were asked to move to the back.

When they forced everyone to sit and cross their legs over an hour before the show, a lot of people said they couldn’t stay that way for over an hour and chose to go stand at the back. They were telling people they might not have enough standing room at that point.
Did they specifically say "cross your legs" (and enforce that) for those seated? Just trying to figure out options for my family.

Did they specifically say "cross your legs" (and enforce that) for those seated? Just trying to figure out options for my family.
There was a CM on side of the RBT area who was yelling to move forward and fill in all the space, cross your legs, don’t have your legs out. He didn’t let anyone stay standing at all after about 8:15. He had a flashlight to shine around and would tell people to move into any open spots. Not everyone listened but he was not messing around.

This was Friday and everyone was saying the RBT area was oversold that day so maybe it’s not usually like that.

There was a CM on side of the RBT area who was yelling to move forward and fill in all the space, cross your legs, don’t have your legs out. He didn’t let anyone stay standing at all after about 8:15. He had a flashlight to shine around and would tell people to move into any open spots. Not everyone listened but he was not messing around.

This was Friday and everyone was saying the RBT area was oversold that day so maybe it’s not usually like that.

Wow! We were in the River Belle Terrace dining area, close to front, on the Blue Bayou side, and didn't experience that at all. We were sitting, then standing, and sitting again. No one told us to cross our legs or how to sit. No one came by with a flashlight.

You must have been sitting on the other side. I think you had the guy who threated people in line to not allow them to sit in the dining package area if they didn't disperse. I wish I caught his name.

On our side, a very enthusiastic CM (Marc) came to the front and announced that the time we've been waiting for has finally arrived. He said that, after 398 days, our beloved Fantasmic was going to return in just three minutes. He asked for everyone to be seated and announced again that, if someone needed to stand, they should make their way to the back where the standing area was. He pumped up the crowd and asked to hear some noise as he looked at his watch and announced that Fantasmic would start in just two minutes. Everyone cheered. He was great!

The photo below was taken of the RBT seating at 8:25 pm on Friday night. You can see that some people were standing. Some had their legs stretched out and there was still a decent amount of space in between groups.

1716754523330.png

Below is a photo of the Blue Bayou seating at 8:25 pm on Friday night. It was more crowded towards the center of the section. Still, there were plenty of people standing.

1716753961183.png

Last edited:
Wow! We were in the River Belle Terrace dining area, close to front, on the Blue Bayou side, and didn't experience that at all. We were sitting, then standing, and sitting again. No one told us to cross our legs or how to sit. No one came by with a flashlight.

You must have been sitting on the other side. I think you had the guy who threated people in line to not allow them to sit in the dining package area if they didn't disperse. I wish I caught his name.

On our side, a very enthusiastic CM (Marc) came to the front and announced that the time we've been waiting for has finally arrived. He said that, after 398 days, our beloved Fantasmic was going to return in just three minutes. He asked for everyone to be seated and announced again that, if someone needed to stand, they should make their way to the back where the standing area was. He pumped up the crowd and asked to hear some noise as he looked at his watch and announced that Fantasmic would start in just two minutes. Everyone cheered. He was great!

The photo below was taken of the RBT seating at 8:25 pm on Friday night. You can see that some people were standing. Some had their legs stretched out and there was still a decent amount of space in between groups.

View attachment 863202

Below is a photo of the Blue Bayou seating at 8:25 pm on Friday night. It was more crowded towards the center of the section. Still, there were plenty of people standing.

View attachment 863199
@LKing I didn't realize how close we were to each other.

Attachments

• IMG_5890.jpeg
    IMG_5890.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 60
@LKing I didn't realize how close we were to each other.
How funny! I wondered if we would run into each other!

Did you have anyone come by and tell you that you needed to cross your legs? At the time I took my picture (mostly to show people where RBT restaurant was located relative to the seating), it looks like you had plenty of space to stretch your legs. Is that what you experienced?

So... that goes to show you. I got in line very early and you arrived an hour before the show started. I was maybe 4 rows in front of you. You were traveling alone and didn't have a group of people that wanted to sit together so maybe it was a little easier. Maybe not. :confused3

Did you have anyone come by and tell you that you needed to cross your legs? At the time I took my picture (mostly to show people where RBT restaurant was located relative to the seating), it looks like you had plenty of space to stretch your legs. Is that what you experienced?

So... that goes to show you. I got in line very early and you arrived an hour before the show started. I was maybe 4 rows in front of you. You were traveling alone and didn't have a group of people that wanted to sit together so maybe it was a little easier. Maybe not. :confused3
No one said I had to cross my legs and I never felt any of the CMs were overly aggressive and Marc was wonderful. I did cross my legs eventually once we got closer to show time.

Nope I agree being solo made that easier. If the family was with me we would have sent someone down earlier. The spot I found was just big enough for me- not my family of 4.

The crocodile doesn’t fit through the renovated ROA entrance, so it’s not coming back. We were sad about that.
Renovated ROA entrance? Is that some entrance to the river from a storage area at the back of the island? If so, why would that area have been renovated when the damage was at the front of the island?

Renovated ROA entrance? Is that some entrance to the river from a storage area at the back of the island? If so, why would that area have been renovated when the damage was at the front of the island?
The area to being stuff into the river was renovated back in 2016-2017 with the SWGE construction to reroute the train and ROA. Peter Pan was removed from the show when it returned in 2017.

The area to being stuff into the river was renovated back in 2016-2017 with the SWGE construction to reroute the train and ROA. Peter Pan was removed from the show when it returned in 2017.
Thanks for the explanation. I'm sorry to hear that the crocodile isn't compatible with the new float-out area.

In regards to Tick Tock Croc in Fantasmic. It was noted earlier in this thread there was a boat "pushing" the Columbia/Pirate Ship. I saw a YouTube video (Theme Park Obsession) that videoed from near the harbor galley and in his video the boat pushing the Columbia seemed to have croc eyes. Video is set to start at the end of the Peter Pan scene, if you want to check it out.

Rancho check-in expirence:

You walk in and a CM will be at the barrel. She checks you in and gives you the menu to look at it. It's a bit chaotic because it's right in the middle of everything. You also get a laminated pass thing. You keep that with you until you pay. After you check in and decide what you want you go up to the window to order your food. There is a complete separate window for Fantasmic food. I asked about substituting and they said no. That makes sense when you see the set up since they have the food at a complete separate window.

You get your food and get your drink and then go to the register where you pay. Annual pass discounts apply. You hand the cashier your laminated pass and get your ticket.

It's obvious it's new for the CMs as the CM and the register was a little confused, but got it figured out. Also as a solo- it was a lot to carry and get my payment out.

I got the shrimp tacos and I gotta say the food is was really good. I liked this better than the River Belle Brunch. The cake is perfect after the spicy tacos.

They have some logistics to work out. It's slow. And I must of had good timing because now the line to check in for the package is way out the door. I did check in 15mins early.

Attachments

• IMG_5934.jpeg
    IMG_5934.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5937.jpeg
    IMG_5937.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5938.jpeg
    IMG_5938.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5940.jpeg
    IMG_5940.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5936.jpeg
    IMG_5936.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I get not asking for something totally different, but do you think I could ask for more rice instead of the potato salad?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter