Fantasmic return

Not yet.

The show is in tech rehearsal and they are casting. Right now the "buzz" is an announcement will be made at D23 in mid September

Does anyone have any idea when Fantasmic will return?
Will classify as RUMOR ...

Was there first week of June and spent several days with friend, former CM who still lives in area and all her friends are CMs, many in entertainment since that was her background.

She said she has friends who have been hired for the show and have been called for rehearsals many times but then had them cancelled. The situation explained to her was that they can not hire enough people to work the show. Many of the entertainment people decided to not return, working for low wages to put Disney on your resume doesn't seem to be the draw it once was. I don't think Fantasmic is an Equity job either, so pay is not great at all for the majority.

Even NEMO getting shows cancelled is because they haven't hired enough back up performers, and it's Equity. Imagine there is no point in opening if you haven't filled out all roles plus backups.

Coming soon, the “Fanasmical DVC Tower!” Built on the grounds of the former (now drained) lagoon, this Tower can be available to you starting at only $400* per point!**

*Admission to Hollywood Studios sold separately, no annual passes, reservations prioritized for resort guests paying cash.

**Deluxe Studios starting at 50 points per night.

And now the million dollar question- how long is the rehearsal timeline?!
Oh boy! I heard anywhere from 1-2 months. My DHS day is Oct 1, but we did not have plans to be at DHS that evening. We love F and this raises so many questions! Do I make alternative plans to be at DHS that evening in case F opens that day? Or do, I change my DHS day to a different day in case it makes people speculate and make it busier? DHS closes at 9pm, I assume if F opens, it would be at closing time? So.Many.Questions.

Does anyone have an Update? It looks like they are in rehearsals. Is it possible it's up by Halloween?

Just bumping this up in case anyone has heard anything more. Does everything think we will have Fantasmic by December, and also do people think they will bring back the fantasmic dining package?

I keep hoping to see some indication of a date AND if dining packages will be offered. I'm going late in December so I am hopeful still

This is all total rumor, but spoke to someone at Signature Services (aka when you're staying Club level) yesterday, 10/8 about our inability to find specific dining reservations for the very end of November at DHS. Cast member said she could see that a chunk of times for our particular restaurant had not been released yet and therefore were not full, just not yet available. She then speculated it could be because dining packages for Fantasmic might be released soon. Again, this wasn't "official" just what the cast member speculated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!