Fantasmic! dining packages for January?

Just saw post 205 by Moomduck1 (said she saw 1/25) so maybe end of Jan has dropped. I didn’t check.
Yep. I saw several lunches for fantasmic package on 1/25 but was too slow. However I saw them a little after 10am. Haven't seen anything since and I've tried many many times

You guys, if you’re still looking, don’t give up. I have kept hitting refresh here and there. I was able to just get a late afternoon H&V on 1/3. Earlier, I’d hit refresh and gave up a SciFi for MM.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!

I had a 50' PT lunch ADR for Jan 2nd so I cancelled it on the website while being logged in in the F! dining page on the app. When I released my regular ADR, it appeared as a F! ADR almost right away so I was able to catch it and my Stakeout notification dinged at that moment as well. So it confirms they had not blocked ADRs for the F! pkg AND that nothing became available for January 2nd lunch.

I tried this with a 50s PT lunch reservation for 01/26 (at 3:15PM - still officially lunch time there) and it did not work - I was, however, able to re-reserve the meal only reservation.

I have an earlier reservation for Sci-Fi but I am way too scared to actually lose that one!

I tried this with a 50s PT lunch reservation for 01/26 (at 3:15PM - still officially lunch time there) and it did not work - I was, however, able to re-reserve the meal only reservation.

I have an earlier reservation for Sci-Fi but I am way too scared to actually lose that one!
More than likely it was just a coincidence because so many lunch ADRs were dropped. Don’t give up Sci Fi. That’s a really tough one to book.

Don't give up the sci Fi. I did, thinking I could get it back as fantasmic. 4 of us trying to snag it back never saw it pop up. Tried to get it back normally and it was gone

More than likely it was just a coincidence because so many lunch ADRs were dropped. Don’t give up Sci Fi. That’s a really tough one to book.

Thanks folks - I won't even try to give up Sci-Fi - it's my choice for my big birthday meal and my top priority for the day (haven't been there in almost 30 years and my spouse and kids have never been).

I had an AM Hollywood and Vine Reservation as well (leftover from before I was able to book Sci-Fi) so I tried to drop that and pick it up as a Fantasmic Dining package- also didn't work.

That being said, when I went to rebook it, there were a ton of H&V reservations open throughout the day so if you were just wanting to book there, now is a good time to do it!

Thanks folks - I won't even try to give up Sci-Fi - it's my choice for my big birthday meal and my top priority for the day (haven't been there in almost 30 years and my spouse and kids have never been).

I had an AM Hollywood and Vine Reservation as well (leftover from before I was able to book Sci-Fi) so I tried to drop that and pick it up as a Fantasmic Dining package- also didn't work.

That being said, when I went to rebook it, there were a ton of H&V reservations open throughout the day so if you were just wanting to book there, now is a good time to do it!
What date?

And hope your family has fun at Sci Fi. We used to go regularly until we had our 6 year old (allergic to milk, eggs etc). It’s very cold in there. It’s a fun experience.

Don't give up the sci Fi. I did, thinking I could get it back as fantasmic. 4 of us trying to snag it back never saw it pop up. Tried to get it back normally and it was gone

I have a reservation for Sci-Fi at 7:50PM on 01/26 that I am getting ready to drop (I was able to get a get a morning reservation instead that someone must have canceled that won't clash with Fantasmic).

If there's any chance you can use it I can coordinate times....

That was the original plan (and the backup :) , just thought I might offer it to Moomduck1 first given their situation!
That’s awesome. I can’t keep track of dates anymore. Also helping a friend plan their last min trip they just booked for next week!

I was able to snag one of the last lunch reservations for Hollywood Brown derby. Not the restaurant I wanted but at least I got one for January 5. Now to continue stalking for a cancellation for Hollywood and Vine. Hopefully this time it won’t get rained out like it did for us the last time we tried this about 10 years ago.

I still haven't seen any between January 29 and Feb 1. But I had to leave for a couple of hours for a funeral. Has anyone seen any on these dates?

That was the original plan (and the backup :) , just thought I might offer it to Moomduck1 first given their situation!
Thank you!!! That's so very kind of you!! I wish that I could take it.

The way all of our other dining reservations are set up, we will only be at Hollywood Studios on Jan 25. I probably typed 26 at some point, because I was on my phone and have short, stubby fingers lol! I'm afraid to try to move the other dining reservations around. We are a family of 12. I had 2 Sci Fi dining reservations for the 25th for 6 each. I cancelled one of them, hoping to turn it into a Fantasmic reservation but it didn't work. I still have the other reservation for 6. I tried calling to see if they could turn the Sci Fi reservation into a Fantasmic one, but they couldn't. I have alerts set up and I'll just keep trying. Even if I can't get the Fantasmic for all of us, as long as I can get it for my son, daughter-in-law and 2 grandchildren. They are 4 and 5 and I think the package would be best for them so that they wouldn't have to wait in line as long. We have another grandchild, but she will be 15 months, so she could just wait with us in the longer line. I will probably take any restaurant lol!! This is my grandkids first trip to Disney and I thought they'd enjoy the Fantasmic show the most because you see so many characters.

Thank you!!! That's so very kind of you!! I wish that I could take it.

The way all of our other dining reservations are set up, we will only be at Hollywood Studios on Jan 25. I probably typed 26 at some point, because I was on my phone and have short, stubby fingers lol! I'm afraid to try to move the other dining reservations around. We are a family of 12. I had 2 Sci Fi dining reservations for the 25th for 6 each. I cancelled one of them, hoping to turn it into a Fantasmic reservation but it didn't work. I still have the other reservation for 6. I tried calling to see if they could turn the Sci Fi reservation into a Fantasmic one, but they couldn't. I have alerts set up and I'll just keep trying. Even if I can't get the Fantasmic for all of us, as long as I can get it for my son, daughter-in-law and 2 grandchildren. They are 4 and 5 and I think the package would be best for them so that they wouldn't have to wait in line as long. We have another grandchild, but she will be 15 months, so she could just wait with us in the longer line. I will probably take any restaurant lol!! This is my grandkids first trip to Disney and I thought they'd enjoy the Fantasmic show the most because you see so many characters.

I’m sorry that happened! I hope you all are able to go to Sci-Fi and see Fantasmic but it sounds like it is going to be an amazing trip full of wonderful memories (and like you are being an amazing planner)!

Thanks Tetera! We have 4 generations going. It's been years since we've all been there. I had to relearn everything about planning! I was able to snag Chef Mickey's and Storybook for the kids, so I'm thrilled. Got an Oga for 2 in the group. We were disappointed that Splash Mountain will be closed the entire time that we are there, but I guess that just means that we will have to go back again! LOL

Thanks Tetera! We have 4 generations going. It's been years since we've all been there. I had to relearn everything about planning! I was able to snag Chef Mickey's and Storybook for the kids, so I'm thrilled. Got an Oga for 2 in the group. We were disappointed that Splash Mountain will be closed the entire time that we are there, but I guess that just means that we will have to go back again! LOL
You can try Hollywood Brown Derby? I see lunch for 6 at 11:20 am and 2:05 pm. Also, Sci Fi has a walk up list you can join (when you enter immediately join); HBD has a lounge as well

I also see restaurant reservations for H&V and 50s prime time for 6 people

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter