Fantasmic dining package and rain

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
I have Fantasmic dining for Friday, and looks like there may be a chance it gets rained out. Yes I know things can change, and it’s Florida.

What is the policy if it rains, do you get a refund for the package (non meal part) or you’re out of luck?

I’m fine either way just want to know, if it’s clear it going to be canceled at the meal can you request to not get the Fantasmic dining!

You would pay the full dining package price regardless of show cancellation. "Please note that your dining experience will still take place, even if your entertainment experience is cancelled." The Dining Package is not interchangeable to an ADR.

IIRC, there is a cancellation deadline for full refund (not sure if this shifted with the recent changes to no-show policies), afterwards there is a $10/person penalty to cancel. But you are cancelling dining then as well.

You would pay the full dining package price regardless of show cancellation. "Please note that your dining experience will still take place, even if your entertainment experience is cancelled." The Dining Package is not interchangeable to an ADR.

IIRC, there is a cancellation deadline for full refund (not sure if this shifted with the recent changes to no-show policies), afterwards there is a $10/person penalty to cancel. But you are cancelling dining then as well.
Thanks!!

I mean ... it's a free show ... with lots of seating. It's all about balancing your personal risk level and priorities.
Totally! It’s a bit of a double issue for me as this is also our only character meal (with Mickey), and my daughter has been asking since the day Fantasmic came back to see it. So I’m planning on keeping it and seeing what happens. Hopefully weather shifts a bit….

You pay for the meal , the show is just a bonus.
You do not any compensation for the cxl'd show

You pay more for a Fantasmic dining package than you would if you were just eating a regular meal at any of the included restaurants, so, no, you are also paying for seating at the show when you purchase the package. If the show is canceled, it's definitely a waste of money.

You pay more for a Fantasmic dining package than you would if you were just eating a regular meal at any of the included restaurants, so, no, you are also paying for seating at the show when you purchase the package. If the show is canceled, it's definitely a waste of money.
Actually, I’m going to look up the cost difference and decide if the extra funds are worth it.

Actually, I’m going to look up the cost difference and decide if the extra funds are worth it.
How many shows are scheduled the evening you are going? If there are two shows and you can stay up late, you can probably skip the package as the second show typically has less crowds

How many shows are scheduled the evening you are going? If there are two shows and you can stay up late, you can probably skip the package as the second show typically has less crowds
Just one… no idea why, if it was 2 I would do this. I did the 2nd show in march and it wasn’t even half full!

Last edited:

Ah, but it's not a meal, it's a ✨dining experience✨! (flourish, flourish, jazz hands, twirl)

If it is your one Mickey character meal, and would be your one chance at Fantastic, then I might go ahead and gamble the extra $9-12 person (depending on how many are in your family).

No chance of squeezing Fantasmic in on another night, since it is a priority?

Ah, but it's not a meal, it's a ✨dining experience✨! (flourish, flourish, jazz hands, twirl)

If it is your one Mickey character meal, and would be your one chance at Fantastic, then I might go ahead and gamble the extra $9-12 person (depending on how many are in your family).

No chance of squeezing Fantasmic in on another night, since it is a priority?
As of right now I have a small chance of doing it Sunday night, this is a very quick trip, we get in Thursday, and leave Monday.

We have 2 more short trips planned but will have my younger daughter with us who I don’t think would enjoy it.

If it does get rained out on Friday we will either do it Sunday, or try for it in September or November. Or she has an AP and I’ll find an excuse to go another day 🤣

I have Fantasmic dining for Friday, and looks like there may be a chance it gets rained out. Yes I know things can change, and it’s Florida.

What is the policy if it rains, do you get a refund for the package (non meal part) or you’re out of luck?

I’m fine either way just want to know, if it’s clear it going to be canceled at the meal can you request to not get the Fantasmic dining!
Just my 2 cents:
We did the dining pkg in February. We were literally half way into the show when lightening was in the area. The theater was evacuated. I would not do this again - I also completely messed up my plan by getting the Cobb salad at HBD. I paid a lot of money for a salad and half a show! Ya just gotta laugh at that point - 100% my own fault. But for us, I would not do it again. Since we typically buy PH tickets, I would just go back if the show was cancelled on my HS day. I made a lot of rookie mistakes in Feb, and this was up there at the top of my list! :rotfl2:

Just my 2 cents:
We did the dining pkg in February. We were literally half way into the show when lightening was in the area. The theater was evacuated. I would not do this again - I also completely messed up my plan by getting the Cobb salad at HBD. I paid a lot of money for a salad and half a show! Ya just gotta laugh at that point - 100% my own fault. But for us, I would not do it again. Since we typically buy PH tickets, I would just go back if the show was cancelled on my HS day. I made a lot of rookie mistakes in Feb, and this was up there at the top of my list! :rotfl2:
Luckily it’s H&V so while it is an up charge for $12 and $9, in trying to rationalize it!

I’m going to wait it out a tiny bit and keep checking the weather….

so sorry you had a bad experience! I’m a a little worried it might be like throwing money away!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter