Famous people at WDW

Lets see

At PI: Drew Carrey (just hanging out at one of the clubs), Rick Springfield (at a post-concert party), Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos (they were out one night after ABC Super Soap Weekend)
At MK: Rosie O'Donnell (road in the same boat as her on IASW). We later ran into her again at the Grand Floridian)
At Epcot: Curt Schilling and his family (in line for Test Track)

Over the years I have seen. Oprah, Regis Philbin, Walter Cronkite, Donny Osmond, John Glenn and Cuba Gooding. Some astronauts were staying at the Beach Club when they were having a special ceremony but I don't know who they were. My husband loves anything to do with space and NASA. I was in the lobby with all these people and that was the year I went with my mom and he stayed home.

Great pic to have! But jerk or not, if I was approached by people ALL day long on my vacation trying to enjoy Disney, I might get cranky. How could you enjoy your vacation time? For you it was only a few seconds, but constantly all day could be irritating. Although I wouldn't give dirty looks...:eek:

Agreed that it would be hard, but really, for the $$ they get paid, they should deal with it! It's par for the course, want the big bucks b/c you have lots of fans, treat those fans well! It's not like they are forced to be popular. I teach, and when I see my students outside of school (sometimes multiple times a day) I can't ignore them, just because I'm trying to relax. . . and I don't get paid lots of $$$ like they do to keep doing what the fans like!

Just my two cents. . .

Haven't seen a star, but would love to see many that I've heard others have seen!:goodvibes

Richard Seymour Defensive Lineman for the New England Patriots My sister and I shared a table at teppanyaki with he and his incredibly delightful, exceptionally polite family. We did not know who he was during dinner, but this wonderful gentlemen and his wife bought us dinner. We learned later who he was. I'm now a Seymour fan - Go New England!!!

I was on an MGM ride, I forget which one, and saw John Wayne, Humphrey Bogart and Margaret Hamilton. Margaret is unmistakable - she played the wicked witch in The Wizard of Oz. She wasn't very nice to us.

We've seen Brian Dennehy, Louis Gossett Jr., James Avery but, sigh:sad2: never actually got to speak to them.

I saw Actor Cubba Gooding Jr. at AK and the Norm from Cheers ( I forgot is name) at MK. To think I went to college in Boston. Yikes! I saw another celebrity at La Nouba ( I didn't know who she was. My friend was all freaked out about her) Another blonde actress - the only thing I recall about her. Sorry.

My DH and I saw Shaquille O'Neal coming out of Small World. It was kinda ironic since he had to duck to get through the entrance of "Small" World.:rotfl:

At Disneyland we saw Aly and AJ Michalka walking around DCA with a guide and their mom. I got a picture of them, they were really nice. The next day we saw them sing in Disnelyand. They were filming the Disney Christmas show.

That's so cool to be on the plane with one of the Myth Busters. We LOVE that show! Even my kids would love to meet one of them. We're less than 2 hours from San Francisco, and I've though so many times we should figure out where their "garage" is so we can drive by it while we're out there! That would be neat :D

Taken from the M5industries (their special effects company where they shoot most of the show I believe) website..just an FYI they don't do tours for safety reasons:
M5 Industries
1268 Missouri Street
San Francisco, California
94107-3310

I wanted to drive by last time I was in SF but didn't have time or a car

It wasnt at WDW, but on the Disney Cruise that I saw Slash from Guns n Roses. We were dining in Palo's on the same night and I couldnt help but stare at him LOL. The next day when we were getting off to go to COsta Maya we saw him and his family leaving the beach area and I gave him the sign you make with your hands that means love( you know the one people in the audience at a concert do) and said "rock on Slash" LOL what a dork I am:lmao:

I've seen Melissa Joan Hart at the MK in line for Peter Pan.

My friend constantly reminds me of the time she met "Doogie Howser" at Disneyland (Neil Patrick Harris now, but because of the time she saw him he's still Doogie Howser in the story) I've never seen a celeb at Disney, but Dennis Rodman was on our flight to Hawaii once...wouldn't have bothered him even if there was a chance, but he was definetly recognizable even in brief passing. There's no smilie with crazy hair or piercings to emote that...:rotfl:

We saw Jamie McMurray on our boat from MK to The Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness Cabins.

Recently, I saw Glady Knight waiting at the exit of EE with a VIP Host. No, I didn't make a fuss!

Our "supremo forever" has to be Dec 2001... We stayed in the room next to Julie Andrews and Blake Edwards (they had one of the suites, we didn't!) at the Boardwalk. Rode the elevators with them, walked the halls with them and stood with them out on the concierge balcony, waiting for a rocket launch that never happened. Julie was there in a dressing robe and wet hair (very, very short!), while Blake and I discussed the fact that nothing was going to happen. Finally, he said to me, "I feel like an idiot", and left, with Julie following behind. Days later, we did take some pics as they were leaving and climbing in to the limo, and I was amazed at the way the VIP treated them! Like they were saying good bye to their best friend.

She is an incredible personality!

WE saw Mick Foley of WWE at the Mexico pavillion. I did not know who he was at the time only that he was a huge slob with a beautiful wife. It was funny b/c all the people around him were looking at him and I thought it was b/c he was dressed in a red and black flannel shirt and looked huge. I heard people say MICKFOLEY was there and I thought his name was McFoley.

Recently, I saw Glady Knight waiting at the exit of EE with a VIP Host. No, I didn't make a fuss!

Our "supremo forever" has to be Dec 2001... We stayed in the room next to Julie Andrews and Blake Edwards (they had one of the suites, we didn't!) at the Boardwalk. Rode the elevators with them, walked the halls with them and stood with them out on the concierge balcony, waiting for a rocket launch that never happened. Julie was there in a dressing robe and wet hair (very, very short!), while Blake and I discussed the fact that nothing was going to happen. Finally, he said to me, "I feel like an idiot", and left, with Julie following behind. Days later, we did take some pics as they were leaving and climbing in to the limo, and I was amazed at the way the VIP treated them! Like they were saying good bye to their best friend.

She is an incredible personality!
LOL although I know that Julie is an amazingly nice woman, the probability is that the VIP had made a LOT of money working with them for their stay AND she's probably a great tipper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter