Famous people at WDW

Does anyone have pics???? You guys have meet a lot of celebs :)

I have a pic of Tony Siragusa (NFL--Ravens & Colts) w/his family and tour guide...we took it from a distance (using our zoom) because we did not want to interupt his family time...because of this I do not want to post it on this site...however, if you PM me I will send it to you for your PRIVATE viewing...with the understanding that it cannot be posted anywhere public.

We saw the cast of the George Lopez show filming a show at Disneyland a few years ago, and we ran into Kyle Massey from the Disney Channel on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster last year. His parents were waiting for him and chatted with us for a bit, then he signed some autographs and we took a pic, the kids were thrilled :)

Lets see...

Kelly Rippa and Mark Consuelo at the Poly.
George Hamilton at the Boardwalk.
John Spagnola (Former Tight End for the Philadelphia Eagles) on the monorail (Even he was suprised that I recognized him..he played in the 80s):thumbsup2
...and at Disneyland
Janet Jackson at the Monorail.
Wayne Brady on main street.
Ryan Sechrest at the hub.

Is it a really common thing to see celebs at WDW? I am asking becuase this is my first time going(in September). I am like alot of you though, I don't think I would want to bother them..on the other hand though..if I spotted Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom.. I would HAVE to say Hi atleast!

We saw Steve Martin in the German shop at Epcot - he's very handsome and looks quite young too ;)

I saw Taboo from the Black Eyed Peas at Animal Kingdom Lodge on Thursday and on Friday I saw him again going through the exit of RnR to board.

:lmao: Actually, the sign that people do at rock concerts is the love sign without the thumb out....it's devil horns! Not quite the same thing.....
It's not my intention to be mean by pointing out your error but reading it cracked me up!!! :banana:

tss0050069.jpg

"I Love You" in sign language

dio_150x266_150x226.jpg

Devil horns sign

It's all in the thumbs, man! :)

:rotfl: OMG I told you I was a dork!!! Now that you said it and I thought about it, you're right! I just didn't know how to explain it.:rolleyes1

We just seen Scotty Pippen(sp) walking down the Boardwalk during our last trip a couple weeks ago.
I'm not a basketball fan so I didn't know who he was. I knew he was someone important though because he was well dressed and about 2 feet taller than anyone on the BW. Plus everyone was staring at him.

A little kid, yelled Hi Scotty. He looked over at him, waved and said, Hey Bud, his voice is very deep!

Plus when DH and I were at the MK a couple years ago, they were shooting Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Its the one where the MK was open during the night for all the kids who can't be in sunlight. It was pretty cool to see the cast, but Ty wasn't there. :sad1:

ok, I have to say first.. I would never think to see Slash on a disney cruise!! haha.. it just seems too um.. non -rock n roll to me! :rotfl2:

When we saw Slash and his wife in Palo ( I was facing him so I couldn't help but stare all night LOL) he was wearing all black topped off with a backwards black ball cap! I mean you couldn't help but notice that! His wife was dressed more for street corner walking:flower3: than for fine dining. She had a REALLY short skirt on and was hanging out on top. :rolleyes1

Is it a really common thing to see celebs at WDW? I am asking becuase this is my first time going(in September). I am like alot of you though, I don't think I would want to bother them..on the other hand though..if I spotted Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom.. I would HAVE to say Hi atleast!

I'd have to say hi at least, too, if I didn't have a nervous breakdown first:rotfl:

I wouldn't say its common to see celebs. I've been to WDW lots and lots of times and never seen anyone famous there just "on vacation". I saw KC & the Sunshine Band once but they were performing at my grad nite. That sure shows my age!

I'll share my best one..

When I was a CM in the College Program way back in '88 I worked in The Chapeau Hat Shop on Main Street, MK (was I not the luckiest person in the world???). Each day during the 3 o'clock parade I would spend the time cleaning the shop because typically the guests were watching the parade and the shop was vacant. One particularly beautiful Spring day I was tidying up and enjoying myself. I was singing along with the music (yeah, you get to know every word!) and dust-busting around the Mouse Ears when I suddenly saw a man standing there. He startled me a bit because he seemed to come from nowhere! At that time there was only the entrance from the Camera Center (now the Candy Shop) and there was a wall where the DVC area is now.

He said, "You seem to be enjoying yourself" and I laughed and told him that how couldn't I? I got to spend every day in the most magical place on Earth. We exchanged a few more words and then he said goodbye and walked away. Only he walked through the CM entrance!! I was shocked and didn't know what to do (never had a guest do that before) and while I was frantically thinking about my next step a Main Street CM came in and asked me if I knew who that was. I said, "No!" and that I was sorry that I didn't stop him from going through that door. He just laughed and said he had every right to.

"Didn't he look familiar," he asked?

"Well, yes, as a matter of fact," I said, thinking all the while that he DID look familiar but I just couldn't place HOW he did.

"Want to know why?" he asked?

Because that was Roy Disney.

I met several famous people while working there but NONE could have impressed me more. It is one of my fondest memories. I will never forget his smile when I shared my joy of being there. :cloud9:

I'll share my best one..

When I was a CM in the College Program way back in '88 I worked in The Chapeau Hat Shop on Main Street, MK (was I not the luckiest person in the world???). Each day during the 3 o'clock parade I would spend the time cleaning the shop because typically the guests were watching the parade and the shop was vacant. One particularly beautiful Spring day I was tidying up and enjoying myself. I was singing along with the music (yeah, you get to know every word!) and dust-busting around the Mouse Ears when I suddenly saw a man standing there. He startled me a bit because he seemed to come from nowhere! At that time there was only the entrance from the Camera Center (now the Candy Shop) and there was a wall where the DVC area is now.

He said, "You seem to be enjoying yourself" and I laughed and told him that how couldn't I? I got to spend every day in the most magical place on Earth. We exchanged a few more words and then he said goodbye and walked away. Only he walked through the CM entrance!! I was shocked and didn't know what to do (never had a guest do that before) and while I was frantically thinking about my next step a Main Street CM came in and asked me if I knew who that was. I said, "No!" and that I was sorry that I didn't stop him from going through that door. He just laughed and said he had every right to.

"Didn't he look familiar," he asked?

"Well, yes, as a matter of fact," I said, thinking all the while that he DID look familiar but I just couldn't place HOW he did.

"Want to know why?" he asked?

Because that was Roy Disney.

I met several famous people while working there but NONE could have impressed me more. It is one of my fondest memories. I will never forget his smile when I shared my joy of being there. :cloud9:

That is such a wonderful story!! I'm sure you made him very happy that day!

What an awesome story!!!!!!!!

We were just there........and I am pretty sure I was face to face with Michael J. Fox on fathers day in the magic kingdom.
He had a few cast members with him and got a boat on small world to himself and his family. He had on a hat and glasses, like the rest of the crowd, and was a bit scruffy, but I am pretty sure it was him.

Back in the early 90's we sat next to Richard Petty and his family eating at 50's Prime Time at the Studios.

Two years ago I saw Kelly Ripa pushing her two youngest kids in a stroller in Epcot. I heard her say to the Guest Services CM who was with her that they were going over to Test Track to meet up with her husband and her oldest son.

I've also seen Susan Lucci and Deidre Hall.

Susan and Kelly are tiny tiny ladies!!!:cutie:

We (DW,DD, and DS) were at MGM Studios in 1989 when Princess Diana and her sons were there, but we did not see them. :( Many folks, including me, were hoping for a great photo op that day. We saw the photos in the Sentinel the next day. :(

My DW and and I think that we saw Dennis Franz dining at the Brown Derby on a more recent trip, but we never confirmed that it was him.

On one of our trips last year, DH saw Jo from SuperNanny in Fantasyland. She was walking thru with a small group while we were in Philharmagic...Dh stayed out with our toddler(who's afraid of the loud noises in there). He didn't bother her, but couldn't get a picture either because I had the camera with me. He did say she looks smaller in person than she does on the show. Not Elvis or anything, but celebrity nonetheless.:)

I saw Harry Hamilin and Lisa Rinna in Jan 2007 on the day that Cinderella's castle suite was given away. He was just walking towards big thunder mountain alone, and I just did a double take, and said to my husband, "I think that was Harry Hamlin" and he said, yep, I bet it was because I was pretty sure I saw Lisa Rinna being interviewed outside Cinderella's Castle.

That's a great story about Roy Disney!

My dad claims he saw Gunther from F.R.I.E.N.D.S in Downtown disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!