Family of 6 (DVC Owners) looking for getaway with only 52 points left! Any Advice?

greenban said:
The above quote sounds like a good idea!

Along that theme I'm wondering if people can rent out their surplus people per day (SPPD) to people who have (DPPD) deficeit people per day.

When my wife and I go, and use a studio we are entitled to 4 people per day (+1 child under 3 or 1 extra adult - depending on whom you talk to), so we have an SPPD of 2.5 to 3.0 per day in adventure season, and 2.5-2.75 in magic season, 2.5 in premier season... etc

So should we have a DVC SPPD board, or just use Ebay to list our SPPDs?

TIA

-Tony
The occupancies actually take into account the fact that all rooms will not be "FULL", this one person being under does not truly free up space for another to be over.

robinb said:
The official limit on a 1 BR is 4 people plus a child under 3.

I would have to disagree with that. It is 4 adults or children over 3 years old. Children under 3 don't count, no matter how many of them you have. Many people have twins, triplets or more then one child under the age of 3.

I think you could do a studio this one time, but it would be very tight. Especially if the 3 year old likes to sleep in a pack and play too (ours does.) Our last trip at VB we had both a bed with rails for her and a pack in play. She chose the pack and play every time (and she was 3 years old.) Or if the 3 year old or baby rather sleep with you.

I recomend a inn room at VB ocean view, Sun to Friday. When we were there in May it was 10 points a night, 50 points for the whole trip. 2 full size beds, and room for 2 pack in plays if needed. A great trip and we just love the place.

I would think this is the last year you could manage it, and still pushing it.

I don't think counting a 3 year old for under 3 in a hotel room is the same as trying to sneak them into a theme park for free. (especailly depending on when the 3 years old birthday is, my 3 year old was born in March and is very small for her size.) It also really depends on how comfortable you are as a family being in one room. Some families can do it with no problems, others it is unheard of.

I think your two best suggestions were rent your points to get $520 or bank them. Unless you are able to come up with more points the best you could do is Sat thru Thurs (20 pts for Sat, then 4 more nights at 8 points) in an OKW studio in Adventure season. You'd be over occupancy by one in a unit with 2 Queen Beds. If you could leave the two little ones with grandparents the rest of you could have one last fling at a big kids vacation.

DisneyPhD said:
I would have to disagree with that. It is 4 adults or children over 3 years old. Children under 3 don't count, no matter how many of them you have. Many people have twins, triplets or more then one child under the age of 3.

I think you could do a studio this one time, but it would be very tight. Especially if the 3 year old likes to sleep in a pack and play too (ours does.) Our last trip at VB we had both a bed with rails for her and a pack in play. She chose the pack and play every time (and she was 3 years old.) Or if the 3 year old or baby rather sleep with you.

I recomend a inn room at VB ocean view, Sun to Friday. When we were there in May it was 10 points a night, 50 points for the whole trip. 2 full size beds, and room for 2 pack in plays if needed. A great trip and we just love the place.

I would think this is the last year you could manage it, and still pushing it.

I don't think counting a 3 year old for under 3 in a hotel room is the same as trying to sneak them into a theme park for free. (especailly depending on when the 3 years old birthday is, my 3 year old was born in March and is very small for her size.) It also really depends on how comfortable you are as a family being in one room. Some families can do it with no problems, others it is unheard of.
Without going into the reasonableness of any situations, the rules are published. The POS states occupancies of 4/4/8/12. DVC has routinely stated in secondary literature (VM, etc) and verbally that it is the occupancy plus ONE child under three.

I would bank them if you can to add some time to a trip next year. If you can't bank, I'd do a 1 br at OKW probably or rent some points. I'm not trying to turn this into another occupancy thread so please don't get enraged anyone. :bitelip: I'm just trying to help. Good luck with whatever you decide! :flower:

i would use the 52 to book and rent from some one else for the rest. If not borrow from next yr or make a swap with another DVCer to transfer some of their 05 points to your account and you can recipricate to them with your 2005 points to pay them back. We have done both and it worked well.

I think that we have similar views!! Thank you for your input. Vero is our home resort but due to the hurricane we have yet to visit. We can't wait for our chance to see it first-hand! God Bless and Merry Christmas! TNKBELL

greenban said:
The above quote sounds like a good idea!

Along that theme I'm wondering if people can rent out their surplus people per day (SPPD) to people who have (DPPD) deficeit people per day.

When my wife and I go, and use a studio we are entitled to 4 people per day (+1 child under 3 or 1 extra adult - depending on whom you talk to), so we have an SPPD of 2.5 to 3.0 per day in adventure season, and 2.5-2.75 in magic season, 2.5 in premier season... etc

So should we have a DVC SPPD board, or just use Ebay to list our SPPDs?

TIA

-Tony
Dean said:
The occupancies actually take into account the fact that all rooms will not be "FULL", this one person being under does not truly free up space for another to be over.

Dean I hope you realize my post was made in jest! :earseek:

greenban said:
Dean I hope you realize my post was made in jest! :earseek:
I wasn't sure but thought you might be making the point, as some have in the past, that if one room is over full another might be less than max occupancy.

facebook twitter