• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall room discounts?

As much as I might save to stay offsite I feel like offsite guests are at a serious disadvantage with three parks having morning extra magic hours every single day this fall. I can’t help but think they are doing this because they are expecting record crowds and trying to keep their onsite guests somewhat happy.
It feels like it would be a bad idea to give up all those EMH and the 60 day fastpass advantage. My dates are during MNSSHP, Food and Wine, and only 60 days after SWGE opens. Even with no discounts I feel like we need to be onsite. Which stinks because I really want to save some money. Considering dropping to a value from our current POR reservation, but I don’t really want to .

Am I the only one that is annoyed? I realize Disney might be playing coy but at least announce something. For the past at leat 5 years, there have been AP discounts /FL Resident discounts in Sept. Rooms are very available. Just say, sorry, folks, no discounts this year.. thats all...
My guess is they are waiting to see what their bookings are like . This is new territory even for them, and they will have to determine if discounts are needed and what type. I’m still annoyed though :rolleyes: .

Am I the only one that is annoyed? I realize Disney might be playing coy but at least announce something. For the past at leat 5 years, there have been AP discounts /FL Resident discounts in Sept. Rooms are very available. Just say, sorry, folks, no discounts this year.. thats all...

I know it *feels* like they're toying with us, but traditionally Sept/Oct discounts (AP & Florida Resident) come out in late June. The fact that the month isn't over and that there are still two AP offers "live" could be contributing to the delay.

There was a Sept/Oct room only discount available from Jan - March. I suspect there will be AP & Florida Resident discounts - but possibly in early July.

Same here, have activated my AP in March on a week-trip because I already planned a 2week-trip in November (no interest in SWG). Now I'm waiting for the discounts...

Why don't you book and then call back and keep checking for discounts. They will give them to you if they pop up and then you are sure to have a room. Of course, that's a risk because if no discounts come out, you're on the hook for full price.

I wonder if they worry that perhaps without that perk, maybe people wouldn't purchase the AP? Even though Disney is like the Happiest Place on Earth, maybe not the most considerate or honest. It is after all a money making machine.

I saw that discount this morning and thought it was strange. Now it is not showing anymore!? I too am waiting for a fall discount. Either Passholder or RO or whatever. Not a 2 day with tickets only for MK, and AK. That discount was so weird. But like I said, it seems to not be there again?
I saw it too! Got excited and there was no others listed, now that offer is gone. So strange. I’m wondering if they are about to release the new discounts and something glitched, so now that one is gone. Wouldn’t surprise me, their system is way glitchy!

I know it *feels* like they're toying with us, but traditionally Sept/Oct discounts (AP & Florida Resident) come out in late June. The fact that the month isn't over and that there are still two AP offers "live" could be contributing to the delay.

There was a Sept/Oct room only discount available from Jan - March. I suspect there will be AP & Florida Resident discounts - but possibly in early July.
I get it, but historically, they are released mid to late June, on Tuesdays. Maybe they are waiting until July. I can't figure out the hold up, its not like Sept Rooms are hard to come by. Universal has had their rates out for a while.
But I will meditate and remind myself that patience is a virtue...

I've been hearing that fall bookings are way down this year as people are waiting till 2020 because 1 of 2 things, #1 SWGE will not be fully opened, and B people have the mindset that it's going to be way crowded so they are waiting till 2020.

Pete from Dis Unplugged says it so here (18:59)

I too am waiting for fall discounts to drop. Could be as late as the last week in July.

I got my annual pass at the beginning of June, not knowing that the annual pass was going up. It looks like I saved about $240 with tax.
I listened to the podcast and Pete Warner feels that there will be discounts for Fall. He states that he believes that there will be discounts on rooms for AP holders. But he also says that the increase in AP's may be Disney discouraging people from buying the AP because there are so many of them out there. I guess I don't know why Disney would then turn around and encourage annual pass buying by offering discounts on rooms for AP holders? Am I misunderstanding this?

Why don't you book and then call back and keep checking for discounts. They will give them to you if they pop up and then you are sure to have a room. Of course, that's a risk because if no discounts come out, you're on the hook for full price.
I'm from Europe and non-English, so I just try to avoid to call because of the high phonecall-fees, the time-difference and the language barrier...
Besides I'm wanted to book the resort(s) dependent on the offers without any real preferences

Last edited:
I'm from Europe and non-English, so I just try to avoid to call because of the high phonecall-fees, the time-difference and the language barrier...
Besides I'm wanted to book the resort(s) dependent on the offers without any real preferences

Also I would avoid this anyway unless you were fine booking at rack rate. If everyone booked at full price hoping for a discount later, Disney would be even less likely to offer anything since they are already booked. If you will go either way to that specific hotel sure, but otherwise it’s not a great idea if you want a discount.

I am waiting on discounts of the end of October/early November. There looks like plenty of availability but we won't go at rack rate. We had been thinking about going in August but it seems rushed to do the planning. If discounts don't come out soon we are going to look at other vacation destinations. We have zero interest in SWGE so we would be avoiding HS on either trip.

I get the game that Disney is playing but all it is doing is forcing us to not visit at all instead of paying more.

As much as I might save to stay offsite I feel like offsite guests are at a serious disadvantage with three parks having morning extra magic hours every single day this fall. I can’t help but think they are doing this because they are expecting record crowds and trying to keep their onsite guests somewhat happy.
It feels like it would be a bad idea to give up all those EMH and the 60 day fastpass advantage. My dates are during MNSSHP, Food and Wine, and only 60 days after SWGE opens. Even with no discounts I feel like we need to be onsite. Which stinks because I really want to save some money. Considering dropping to a value from our current POR reservation, but I don’t really want to .

Depending upon your dates, there may not be any Values to switch to. I booked at AKL earlier this month thinking if no discounts came out, I would switch to a Moderate. Absolutely nothing available for all my dates anywhere else now. Never seen it like this almost 6 months until my trip, and I've traveled in early December half a dozen times.

I got my september discount back in I think January. its getting a little late to be releasing discounts for . Free dining.i always booked in April thats when it always came out in the past

We're looking to head down in September for F/W. I've talked to four different people who all told me to wait until later in the summer for discounts (which of course puts a crux on the 60 day FP access if we don't have a room booked soon ...) 🤷

Things seem odd this year - over the last few years, I've always been able to to find something discounted through google/orbitz, etc and there's nothing. No points to rent, and not a large inventory of base rooms. (I have however, found the Waldorf Astoria for $160 plus resort fee, which is super tempting). Has Disney put a block on how they are allotting rooms?

Given the turnout at Disneyland, I'm not sure what their strategy is ....

I've been hearing that fall bookings are way down this year as people are waiting till 2020 because 1 of 2 things, #1 SWGE will not be fully opened, and B people have the mindset that it's going to be way crowded so they are waiting till 2020.

Pete from Dis Unplugged says it so here (18:59)

I too am waiting for fall discounts to drop. Could be as late as the last week in July.

This was helpful, thanks for sharing.

In looking at the website main page, it seems like Disney's primary goal right now is to push SWGE and summer attendance; everything else seems to be at a standstill.

I'm waiting on/hoping for a fall room only discount as well. We're booked for the WL from 10/14-19

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter