Fall room discounts?

They may not need to offer discounts if bookings are up because of Galaxy's Edge.

I had been hearing this line also (I was waiting for a military discount). If finally came last week for my November trip.

I have found that the week I am going (2-9 November) bookings are definitely up, but there was a LOT of availability the last week of October and for various other dates in the fall. There's another "Fall Discount" thread on this page that gives you an idea of how "unbooked" they are.

I've heard that historically, the discounts that start in September may be released right after 30 June.

They may not need to offer discounts if bookings are up because of Galaxy's Edge.
There is a caveat to this... ALL of SWGE will NOT be open.... and many folks may simply choose to wait until it's complete.

Which puts the "I can't get in" focus on 2020.

I’m hoping they will drop tomorrow since it’s the last Tuesday in June and late June is when they normally announce fall discounts.

A CM on the phone told me discounts will be a lot less with fewer rooms available for the discount after SWGE opens.

I booked at the beginning of June for early December because I was worried about availability for my dates. 3 weeks later, the only availability left for my dates are two resorts, one over $800 a night, and one over $2,000. I won't be surprised if they offer no discounts this Fall.

Might be a good year to skip and do something else then.

I booked at the beginning of June for early December because I was worried about availability for my dates. 3 weeks later, the only availability left for my dates are two resorts, one over $800 a night, and one over $2,000. I won't be surprised if they offer no discounts this Fall.

Might be a good year to skip and do something else then.

Sadly, that's not going to happen, I upgraded to an AP in May with the plans of going back down in December this year. I'll just suck it up and pay the extra $$$.

Sadly, that's not going to happen, I upgraded to an AP in May with the plans of going back down in December this year. I'll just suck it up and pay the extra $$$.
Same here, have activated my AP in March on a week-trip because I already planned a 2week-trip in November (no interest in SWG). Now I'm waiting for the discounts...

A CM on the phone told me discounts will be a lot less with fewer rooms available for the discount after SWGE opens.
The one constant this month has been CM telling guests there won’t be any discounts, or there will be very few discounts, with SWGE opening this fall. Remind yourself of 2 things: these CMs have no idea about discounts and until ROTR opens SWGE is only half a park- and not the cool half at that.

A thought: There are currently two AP offers, one that ends on Jun 30th and one that ends on Aug 28th. I can't recall there ever being more than two AP offers "live" at any given time. I really do believe that once the Jun 30th offer expires we will see *some* fall AP discounts go live.

There was an offer added today - a package for "first timers". So the idea that there won't be any promotions for fall 2019 appears to be false.

A thought: There are currently two AP offers, one that ends on Jun 30th and one that ends on Aug 28th. I can't recall there ever being more than two AP offers "live" at any given time. I really do believe that once the Jun 30th offer expires we will see *some* fall AP discounts go live.

There was an offer added today - a package for "first timers". So the idea that there won't be any promotions for fall 2019 appears to be false.
I saw that discount this morning and thought it was strange. Now it is not showing anymore!? I too am waiting for a fall discount. Either Passholder or RO or whatever. Not a 2 day with tickets only for MK, and AK. That discount was so weird. But like I said, it seems to not be there again?

If you have a car it may be worth looking offsite. With the AP you won't have to pay to park and there are some nice offsite hotels. I was dead against it but when we did AP's to get the most out of them we stayed offsite and the driving wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

There are some really nice resorts offsite with gorgeous pools. And obviously the price is significantly better. I know you miss out on the 60 day in advance fast passes but I know I only have so much money. I hate to say this here but there is the "other park". DA,DA,DA!
I think we may try a sea world-Universal combo ticket from Undercover tourist. I am doing Disney in August with my kids. I purchased an AP so I could get a great discount and for trips in August, October and next year in June, but Maybe we will head to the ocean and do the"other Parks" in October. Yes, I paid $950 for an AP but you know, like I said, I only have so much money for the October trip.

Am I the only one that is annoyed? I realize Disney might be playing coy but at least announce something. For the past at leat 5 years, there have been AP discounts /FL Resident discounts in Sept. Rooms are very available. Just say, sorry, folks, no discounts this year.. thats all...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter