Fall 2021 ABD River Cruises

I’ve been on the phone for a few hours, but I’ve been able to move the trip to next year. There were too many unin owns, from not knowing where the trip would end to them not having info on what happens if you test positive. I asked where they would take you and for how long, and they didn’t know.

Everyone has been very helpful and patient. Their jobs must be really hard right now. Good luck to everyone and maybe we’ll sail together in better days!

I’ve been on the phone for a few hours, but I’ve been able to move the trip to next year. There were too many unin owns, from not knowing where the trip would end to them not having info on what happens if you test positive. I asked where they would take you and for how long, and they didn’t know.

Everyone has been very helpful and patient. Their jobs must be really hard right now. Good luck to everyone and maybe we’ll sail together in better days!
Wow on them not knowing even at this point with a cruise leaving in couple days, but so glad you were able to change. to something that works better :) I don't envy the vacationistas--management has definitely hung them out to dry.

I've also decided to cancel 😢. I think we are going to book an Italy trip with ABD for next October. Hopefully that's far enough out that it will be a "normal" experience. Of course who knows if normal will ever be what it used to be!

Thanks for all the input and updates, you've been very helpful in making this sad decision. Like all of you we have cancelled numerous cruises and trips over the last year and a half. We still have a trip booked for early December to WDW, fingers crossed that will happen as planned!

I just asked for my deposit to be refunded on the 10/14 Rhine cruise and they said no problem. There were too many issues starting with not knowing what airport, Amsterdam or Antwerp, we would be flying out of to returning home.
My TA was able to get a full refund for the 9/30 Rhine cruise after ABD announced that we were ending in Antwerp, and there would be no shipyard tour. Even though the cruise was not ending in Amsterdam, the Amsterdam short escape that we had booked for after the cruise was apparently not eligible for a refund at that time. The TA just sent me email, that she was able to cancel it today.

I’m on the 10/14 Rhine and I’m beyond frustrated. I can get a full refund for the trip if I choose to cancel, but can’t get an air credit for the airfare because I purchased thru ABD. no refund and not even an air voucher. I have to lose the money or go on a trip that’s no longer what I chose. I wanted the Wish and Amsterdam. Not only that, there are still no protocols in place. We have no idea what we are facing. I’ll never travel with ABD again.

My TA was able to get a full refund for the 9/30 Rhine cruise after ABD announced that we were ending in Antwerp, and there would be no shipyard tour. Even though the cruise was not ending in Amsterdam, the Amsterdam short escape that we had booked for after the cruise was apparently not eligible for a refund at that time. The TA just sent me email, that she was able to cancel it today.
Did you have air booked thru Disney? We can cancel, but will lose out airfare.

I’m on the 10/14 Rhine and I’m beyond frustrated. I can get a full refund for the trip if I choose to cancel, but can’t get an air credit for the airfare because I purchased thru ABD. no refund and not even an air voucher. I have to lose the money or go on a trip that’s no longer what I chose. I wanted the Wish and Amsterdam. Not only that, there are still no protocols in place. We have no idea what we are facing. I’ll never travel with ABD again.
Wow, I’m shocked! I thought booking airfare through Disney was the safe bet. Are they saying it’s because it’s a voluntary refund rather than cancelled trip? I can’t believe you can’t get some kind of voucher either. Is there a way to try to change the tickets yourself? I’ve never bought air through a TA so have no clue how it works. So frustrating.

Wow, I’m shocked! I thought booking airfare through Disney was the safe bet. Are they saying it’s because it’s a voluntary refund rather than cancelled trip? I can’t believe you can’t get some kind of voucher either. Is there a way to try to change the tickets yourself? I’ve never bought air through a TA so have no clue how it works. So frustrating.
I understood at the time it would be non refundable, but I thought we would have access to an air voucher. I was very upset to learn the money is just lost. They’ve taken away the items I wanted ie the Wish and Amsterdam and the length of the trip, so I feel they should allow a refund. It’s not even the same trip we booked. I’m truly shocked. We love ABd and thought we would be “safe”. What a kick in the teeth. It’s go and take your chances or lose your airfare.

I understood at the time it would be non refundable, but I thought we would have access to an air voucher. I was very upset to learn the money is just lost. They’ve taken away the items I wanted ie the Wish and Amsterdam and the length of the trip, so I feel they should allow a refund. It’s not even the same trip we booked. I’m truly shocked. We love ABd and thought we would be “safe”. What a kick in the teeth. It’s go and take your chances or lose your airfare.
I totally feel for you and agree that it’s not the trip you signed up for, nor should anyone be forced to travel right now especially without clear guidance. I am completely disenchanted as well. :( brutal all around

What airline did ABD book you on? Find out what that airline's policies are. ABD just acts as a travel agent, so if ABD won't refund or rebook you, see what the airline will do for you. I know Delta has a "No change fee" policy now, I don't know if any other airlines have done anything similar. I would hope the ticket wouldn't be a total loss, but there might be change fees involved... It can't hurt to ask.

That's really brutal that ABD won't refund you. It's just so sad what they've become.

Sayhello

Which airline?
Don't all carriers have a waived change fee right now? At worst, a $75 charge?

What airline did ABD book you on? Find out what that airline's policies are. ABD just acts as a travel agent, so if ABD won't refund or rebook you, see what the airline will do for you. I know Delta has a "No change fee" policy now, I don't know if any other airlines have done anything similar. I would hope the ticket wouldn't be a total loss, but there might be change fees involved... It can't hurt to ask.

That's really brutal that ABD won't refund you. It's just so sad what they've become.

Sayhello
Thank you for the suggestion. I am going to reach out to the airline.
Which airline?
Don't all carriers have a waived change fee right now? At worst, a $75 charge?
Delta, but ABD has stated since I purchased air through ABD air, I can't get a voucher or change. It's use it or lose it.

If ABD cancels the cruise, would you have gotten a full refund, including the cost of the airfare you had booked thru them? Are you losing the airfare because you chose to cancel?

I totally feel for you and agree that it’s not the trip you signed up for, nor should anyone be forced to travel right now especially without clear guidance. I am completely disenchanted as well. :( brutal all around
Unfortunately, the ABD terms and conditions allow them to change the trip.

ITINERARY CHANGES AND CANCELLATION BY US:
We will make every reasonable effort to operate the vacations as advertised; however, we and tour operator reserve the right to curtail or modify the itinerary, or to substitute activities, hotels, meals or transportation as we deem necessary. Please also note that during certain holidays and peak periods or due to repairs or renovations, some activities may be disrupted or unavailable. Deviations from planned vacation package itineraries or any aspects of the travel may occur. If for river cruise packages conditions make cruise routes unsafe for navigation or in other respects, or raise sufficient doubt about safety, we and tour operator reserve the right to modify or provide alternate services, which may include, but are not limited to, providing accommodation on the docked ship or on land and/or substituting ground arrangements for river cruise transportation. None of these modifications or changes shall affect the vacation package price or entitle you to any credit or refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter