Fall 2021 ABD River Cruises

Unfortunately, the ABD terms and conditions allow them to change the trip.

ITINERARY CHANGES AND CANCELLATION BY US:
We will make every reasonable effort to operate the vacations as advertised; however, we and tour operator reserve the right to curtail or modify the itinerary, or to substitute activities, hotels, meals or transportation as we deem necessary. Please also note that during certain holidays and peak periods or due to repairs or renovations, some activities may be disrupted or unavailable. Deviations from planned vacation package itineraries or any aspects of the travel may occur. If for river cruise packages conditions make cruise routes unsafe for navigation or in other respects, or raise sufficient doubt about safety, we and tour operator reserve the right to modify or provide alternate services, which may include, but are not limited to, providing accommodation on the docked ship or on land and/or substituting ground arrangements for river cruise transportation. None of these modifications or changes shall affect the vacation package price or entitle you to any credit or refund.
If I were in your shoes I would research the T&Cs for cancellations for Delta (which it seems you've already done) and ask a vacationista to have a supervisor contact you to discuss your options. If ABD isn't losing any money by cancelling the airfare then there is no logical reason why they would penalize you for cancelling the trip by withholding a Delta voucher. A CSR likely wouldn't have the ability to override their T&Cs, but someone higher up the food chain probably can. Just my $0.02.

Thank you for the suggestion. I am going to reach out to the airline.

Delta, but ABD has stated since I purchased air through ABD air, I can't get a voucher or change. It's use it or lose it.

I am in the same situation for another trip, and very displeased about it. I agree it was not made clear at all when we booked that this was the policy.

Delta, but ABD has stated since I purchased air through ABD air, I can't get a voucher or change. It's use it or lose it.
Had something similar.
ABD assigned their own confirmation number, but there will be a Delta confirm # somewhere, you may have to ask ABD for it.
You can use that Delta # to log in to Delta's website and change/cancel the flight and get credit for future travel on Delta

I had no air booked at all. I held off booking until I was fairly confident that we would go on the river cruise.
Wish I had been smarter. I booked because we called ABD in early June to see if we could cancel without penalty and was told no. The last week, they changed their policy to allow refunds. So now I am messed up with airfare and all. I am truly disappointed in Disney and will not book another ABD. I don't care how much I love them.

If ABD cancels the cruise, would you have gotten a full refund, including the cost of the airfare you had booked thru them? Are you losing the airfare because you chose to cancel?
Yes. If they cancel we get a full refund on air. We booked air with them because when we called in June, they weren't allowing any cancellations without a penalty. Now, they're allowing cancelations without penalty. Their story changes day to day

Had something similar.
ABD assigned their own confirmation number, but there will be a Delta confirm # somewhere, you may have to ask ABD for it.
You can use that Delta # to log in to Delta's website and change/cancel the flight and get credit for future travel on Delta
That would be wonderful except Disney has said absolutely no. I even mentioned that I could cancel on Delta's sight and they said that was incorrect.

That would be wonderful except Disney has said absolutely no. I even mentioned that I could cancel on Delta's sight and they said that was incorrect.
I would still talk to Delta. ABD does not control Delta, and if Delta says you can cancel and get a credit or something, then you can. If Delta says no, then you're stuck (assuming you've escalated it up a few levels with Delta.) I would not give up just because ABD says to.

Sayhello

Last edited:

I would still talk to Delta. ABD does not control Delta, and if Delta says you can cancel and get a credit or something, then you can. If Delta says no, then you're stuck (assuming you've escalated it up a few levels with Delta.) I would not give up just because ABD says to.

Sayhello
Or tell Delta you want to change it, and then you have control of reservation? Although they may not be able to make changes on group travel tickets.

Or tell Delta you want to change it, and then you have control of reservation? Although they may not be able to make changes on group travel tickets.
Unless ABD has done something very different the last few months, ABD does not do group travel tickets. They act as a Travel Agent, and purchase the airfare for you. You can have them suggest itineraries or you can tell them the exact ticket you want, you have total control over what they purchase for you. I know ABD is really big about not talking to you directly if you booked your ABD through a Travel Agent, so maybe they think the airlines are the same? That hasn't been my experience.

Sayhello

Unless ABD has done something very different the last few months, ABD does not do group travel tickets. They act as a Travel Agent, and purchase the airfare for you. You can have them suggest itineraries or you can tell them the exact ticket you want, you have total control over what they purchase for you. I know ABD is really big about not talking to you directly if you booked your ABD through a Travel Agent, so maybe they think the airlines are the same? That hasn't been my experience.

Sayhello
Thanks for posting this. I was wondering whether they'd been booking some kind of super cheap group tickets or something like that but from your experience it doesn't sound like it. Maybe if @Tajz could find the actual airline booking reference number they might be able to salvage something.

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering whether they'd been booking some kind of super cheap group tickets or something like that but from your experience it doesn't sound like it. Maybe if @Tajz could find the actual airline booking reference number they might be able to salvage something.
I looked on one of my old emails from when I booked my air through ABD, and down at the bottom I saw:

Airline Booking Reference(s)
AF (Air France): XXXXXX
DL (Delta Air Lines): XXXXXX

(I X'd them out because, believe it or not, the reservation and all it's details are still on the Air France site!!)

But @Tajz should be able to access the flights using the Airline Booking Reference. (On a much older email, they called it the "Locator").

Sayhello

I feel the same way as you… I actually moved my December Danube cruise to Southern California for next year. I decided a couple months ago we were not going even if it was possible to go as my son is not yet vaccinated. I bit the bullet a month ago and moved it since prices of the adventures for 2022 were increasing quickly. It’s not something I wanted to do but felt like I had to…
I sort of feel ABD is always late in sending out information and you need to be the one to proactively chase them for it. Even when they do give information, you sort of have to prompt them for clarity too.
I hope you hear back from your TA soon.
WE DID THE EXACT SAME THING! I have to say the lack of info coming from Disney was making me nervous, too. Personally I don't see myself ever getting on a cruise again (and this is from someone that has been on at least 10 including Alaska twice and Norway). Domestic travel seems easier and more likely that there will be safety protocols in place. We moved our backstage Magic to as far out as we could next year in the hopes that things will be back to normal. At this point I don't feel hopeful.

Not surprisingly, the Amsterdam Port change has been applied to the cruise DH and I were on (Oct. 14th). So glad we canceled when we did. Isn't France level 4 now, too, or do I have that wrong? If so, wonder how they will handle Strasbourg.

Not surprisingly, the Amsterdam Port change has been applied to the cruise DH and I were on (Oct. 14th). So glad we canceled when we did. Isn't France level 4 now, too, or do I have that wrong? If so, wonder how they will handle Strasbourg.
Yep, France is one of the countries that went to Level 4 on August 9th. Interesting that nobody has mentioned changes to that.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter