FAKE TICKETS ?

Buttercup7and10

Earning My Ears
I bought my tickets from Undercover Tourist and now totally regretting my attempt to save a few bucks. First I paid $16 for express delivery. The 2 days ' wait is turning into a week. Granted, the weather was bad but they promised to email me the ticket numbers the next day which they never did. Today, the customer rep was very sneaky, asking me to wait until 4pm when she knew the office was going to close and I did not know. I just found out their office will not open until Monday. In the meantime, I have lost the opportunity to book the fast passes on my 30 day mark today. Feeling so unhappy. This weekend is totally wasted not being able to book those fas passes. Can others share their experiences regarding this company ? I wanted to save $37 dollars now I am being to wonder if Undercover Tourist is perhaps a scam. I wish I bought directly from Disney.

They are the #1 recommended company on the DIS for tickets and scores and scores of people have wonderful experiences with them. They are not a scam and the tickets are not fake. They are exceptionally busy right now due to the recent Disney price increase. When prices go up, the 3rd party brokers are very very busy for a few weeks and delivery often takes longer.

I personally haven't heard of them emailing ticket numbers, but maybe they do that - I never asked. I just got Universal tickets from them about 2 weeks ago with no problems at all and have bought Disney tickets from them multiple times in the past.

I bought my tickets from Undercover Tourist and now totally regretting my attempt to save a few bucks. First I paid $16 for express delivery. The 2 days ' wait is turning into a week. Granted, the weather was bad but they promised to email me the ticket numbers the next day which they never did. Today, the customer rep was very sneaky, asking me to wait until 4pm when she knew the office was going to close and I did not know. I just found out their office will not open until Monday. In the meantime, I have lost the opportunity to book the fast passes on my 30 day mark today. Feeling so unhappy. This weekend is totally wasted not being able to book those fas passes. Can others share their experiences regarding this company ? I wanted to save $37 dollars now I am being to wonder if Undercover Tourist is perhaps a scam. I wish I bought directly from Disney.

I've bought tickets from them several times. They are absolutely not a scam.

Thank you Vicki for sharing your experience. I thought when the prices go up the sales would come down and these vendors would be less busy. Do these third party vendors buy tickets in bulk at the old price and then sell them after the price increase for a bigger profit ? I had to pay the new price increase and was told that my ticket numbers were available on Wednesday, the day after I bought my tickets. Then they promised to email today which is Friday and now I have to wait until Monday to call them to find out why I never received them. It would have been a week on Monday and I paid extra to expedite in 2 days. This is completely false advertisement by Undercover Tourist and I cannot recommend them to anyone. My efforts to budget for this holiday is turning into a nightmare without those tickets.

I have had nothing but great experience with them since 2000 when I bought my first tickets from them. No they do not buy low and sell high. They continue to sell the lower price tickets for the low price till all of those tickets are gone.

When I called Undercover Tourist for the first time and asked about the price increase, the customer rep replied " Well, we are blessed that the prices just went up". I had no clue what she was talking about and assumed now is not a busy time because the prices just went up. Whether they are legitimate or not, I hate being lied to, not once, not twice but 3 times ! Each time I called, they said they would give me the ticket numbers but they never did. My kids were so excited about planning their fast passes this weekend, now I sit here fuming on a Friday night waiting for Monday to arrive to sort this out. It is a good thing we are not traveling next week. The money saved buying through a 3rd party is definitely not worth it. I hope it is the same Undercover Tourist company everyone got their tickets from. Now I am worried there is a scam site with the same name. We don't have the money to buy more tickets if these are fake. At least the hotel and flights are taken care of and we will go to Florida anyway :( let's hope these tickets are not FAKE !

Undercover Tourist isn't fake by any means. I've purchase from them, as recent as about three weeks ago (before the price increase). It took about a week for the ticket to arrive by mail. And that was when the weather was good.

Deb, thanks for responding, but I paid $16 for 2 day delivery and today I am being told they are not sure if I will get the physical tickets in a week. Meanwhile I am afraid there will be no fast passes left for the rides we want and the clock is ticking. Undercover Tourist should not promise me the ticket numbers when they have nothing to deliver. Now I am left wondering if those tickets even exist. I feel stupid making all these dining reservations when we don't even have tickets to enter the Park !

They are legit. We used them in january w/o an issues. good luck!

Thanks everyone I will come back to post if those tickets show up or not. I am so ready to yell at someone first things Monday morning. I had been way too nice the first 2 times I called when there was no show of ticket number. Do you think it is reasonable to ask for my expedited shipping money back ? It may be only $16 dollars but this is a lousy and unfair business transaction for me. They said I may have to wait longer than a week ! Why didn't I just buy from Disney ? Having to budget is stressful ! This is so unlike the Undercover Tourist I heard about. So frustrating !

Do you think it is reasonable to ask for my expedited shipping money back ?

I would be calm and ask for my money back for the expedited shipping.

Which they did not fulfill. That is unless they have a weather issue disclaimer.

I can accept weather issues actually , but from 2 days to more than a week....? NO ! Hope I will be calmer on Monday. Thanks to this board for sharing my GRIEF !

I have purchased tickets from them multiple times. Never an issue. Weather can be a huge factor in delivering packages. Also they come in a plain envelope so make sure you look for it.
That said you always have the option to cancel or return the order and purchase tickets direct from Disney.

Yeah, I'd ask for the expedited shipping fee back. I've always found them reasonable in such situations.

Undercover Tourist is not a scam or sneaky.

Also don't forget to add in weekends. I went to make a dummy purchase of tickets today and it said they would be delivered Wednesday, with two day shipping

You can buy the tickets right now on MDE if the fp+ is more important than the savings. You can send the ut tix back when they do arrive.

I had an experience with them where for whatever reason, their processing time was pushed out by a lot longer than their stated time, and no one was answering the phones due to a phone system issue or upgrade. However, they were extremely quick to reply via email to help me understand what was going on with the tickets. In the end it worked out.

I can accept weather issues actually , but from 2 days to more than a week....? NO ! Hope I will be calmer on Monday. Thanks to this board for sharing my GRIEF !

The weather messed my fedex up this week. I send stuff from eastern Pa to Pittsburgh for work almost every day. My Monday overnight fedex got to my office on Friday. So that with all the people trying to nab the
Sat of the old prices might have been the issue. But yeah, you should get that shopping fee refunded.

When I called Undercover Tourist for the first time and asked about the price increase, the customer rep replied " Well, we are blessed that the prices just went up". I had no clue what she was talking about and assumed now is not a busy time because the prices just went up. Whether they are legitimate or not, I hate being lied to, not once, not twice but 3 times ! Each time I called, they said they would give me the ticket numbers but they never did. My kids were so excited about planning their fast passes this weekend, now I sit here fuming on a Friday night waiting for Monday to arrive to sort this out. It is a good thing we are not traveling next week. The money saved buying through a 3rd party is definitely not worth it. I hope it is the same Undercover Tourist company everyone got their tickets from. Now I am worried there is a scam site with the same name. We don't have the money to buy more tickets if these are fake. At least the hotel and flights are taken care of and we will go to Florida anyway :( let's hope these tickets are not FAKE !
Knock off trying to slander UCT as some kind of scam or fake tickets. They are an authorized Disney ticket re-seller. Thousands of people have bought tickets from them (including myself) and have had zero issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter