**Faith and Max's 12.22.12 Swan/Garden Grove/ADH Wedding!!** UPDATED 16!!

Hi! I'm getting married at Crescent Terrace as well! We're having a dinner reception at Il Mulino. Garden Grove looks so pretty! I too want to have our celebration continue at Jellyrolls. I've never been, but I've heard great things! Can't wait to read more!

First of all, I love your venues...the Garden Grove looks wonderful! Secondly, JELLYROLLS IS AMAZING! I think that when I go to Disney I honestly spend 75% of my nights there! Plus, two of my friends work there (one is a pianist, and another works the door/server) and I love love love it! It'll be a great place to continue the celebration!

Hi Faith--- just joining in! I -love- your story, and all your plans--- and if I weren't having a disney wedding, I would TOTALLY be having a zoo wedding! (I saw it on Four Weddings a few weeks ago and I loved it.)

And I've never been to Garden Grove... but it looks LOVELY OMG!!!!!! Now I want to go! I can't wait to read more and see your DRESS!
The zoo is a great venue!! But, I can't lie: Disney is so much more magical!

You definitely need to go to Garden Grove on your next trip! It's rarely busy, the food is good, and the character interaction is great!!

Thanks for following along! Dress pictures coming soon! ;)

Thanks so much! I'm so glad to hear good things about Jellyrolls!

And, I'm so jealous you're a CM! Where do you work??

I work seasonally at The Great Movie Ride :)
So cool!! What a fun job! :thumbsup2

The Garden Grove looks lovely in the photos, and it would be even more magical if they put up Christmas Decorations, fingers crossed that they do.

I've never even heard of it before, and have just had a quick look to see if it would suit our party for after our VR (the characters would definitely suit our little two!!) but the timings wouldn't work as I really really want to go on a Wishes Cruise.

Perhaps we'll schedule our look around the S&D to coincide with a character meal there instead :thumbsup2

Gertiesquidge
Definitely look into the Garden Grove for some event! The character dining makes it so much fun!

Hi! I'm getting married at Crescent Terrace as well! We're having a dinner reception at Il Mulino. Garden Grove looks so pretty! I too want to have our celebration continue at Jellyrolls. I've never been, but I've heard great things! Can't wait to read more!
Woohoo for another Crescent Terrace wedding!

I've never been to Il Mulino! We will have to go check it out. The Swan's location is absolutely perfect-- we can take pictures on the Boardwalk, get married, eat, and then head back over to Jellyrolls and dance! :dance3:

Can't wait to read more of your plans!

First of all, I love your venues...the Garden Grove looks wonderful! Secondly, JELLYROLLS IS AMAZING! I think that when I go to Disney I honestly spend 75% of my nights there! Plus, two of my friends work there (one is a pianist, and another works the door/server) and I love love love it! It'll be a great place to continue the celebration!
Thank you so much! I'm so glad to hear that Jellyrolls is awesome!! I can't wait to go for myself!!!

Thanks everyone for reading! Expect an update very soon!
:wizard:

Happy Thursday everyone!!

I don't know about you all but I cannot wait for the weekend. Even though I had Monday off, this week is seriously dragging!

Today's subject: the dress hunt!!

I went to 4 bridal shops before I found "the one" and I had so much fun! I only took my mom with me to look as I knew that if I brought more people, I'd never been able to choose a dress with all the opinions that'd be floating around.

I made sure to drink plenty of water, bring snacks, and only make one appointment per day! I read horror stories about girls and their dress experiences and I was determined to not have a bad time!

Towards the end, all of the dresses kind of became one sparkly, white, fluffy blur.. but one dress really stood out in particular!!

Here are some of the dresses I tried on:

I loved this one on the hanger... not so much on me!! :laughing: :
016-1.jpg

This was my favorite dress for awhile-- I loved the stripes!:
023-1.jpg

I flat out hated this one on! :lmao: :
035-1.jpg

She became the new favorite:
033-2.jpg

This one was a little "too much":
086.jpg

I loved the sparkles on the bodice but thought the rest made me look like a mummy!:
005-1.jpg

Finally.. here she is!!! It's an Essence of Australia dress and I love it! It should be coming in any day now!

007-2.jpg

010.jpg

023-2.jpg

I just love how different my dress is. I love the layers, and that it's chiffon (I didn't want a heavy, satin dress in Florida!)

I plan on getting a tiara, but no veil. Any ideas on where I should start looking for a tiara?

I bought my shoes! They are Steve Madden and so sparkly!! I LOVE sparkles!:
3565244.jpg

And last but not least, Max plans on wearing a grey suit with a black tie and possibly a pair of black Converse shoes!
1073583.jpg

WHEW! That was a picture heavy post! Sorry about that!

In other news, Karen from Just Marry! emailed me that she is booking Rev. Tim Herring for our ceremony! I've heard great things about him! :thumbsup2

I guess that's it for today! Thanks for reading along!
:hug:

Up Next: Floral Inspiration!

Yay for the gorgeous dress and yay for Rev Tim!!!! He really is the sweetest of men!!

Hi Faith!! Just joining in on your planning!! Everything looks great so far. I love all of your ideas. Your ceremony site is beautiful!!!

I really love your dress too!! It's so different from all of the other dresses I've seen.

Happy planning!!! :goodvibes

wonderful dresses! so glad you had a good dress experience it's so easy to get overwhelmed and frustrated. I know when I go I only want my mom there when I try on and pick out my dress because she has enough of an opinion for 6 people :lmao:

Oh sweetie, I LOVE your dress! It is gorgeous and it is so, SO flattering on you! I love that it's different, but not something you'll regret in 10 years.

I got my tiara at Alfred Angelo. You could look at David's Bridal too? Or you know, you could get one of those dress up ones at the disney store... :lmao:

Yay for the gorgeous dress and yay for Rev Tim!!!! He really is the sweetest of men!!
We are so excited about Rev. Tim! Not only does he seem nice but he looks a perfect, Disney officiant! :thumbsup2
Hi Faith!! Just joining in on your planning!! Everything looks great so far. I love all of your ideas. Your ceremony site is beautiful!!!

I really love your dress too!! It's so different from all of the other dresses I've seen.

Happy planning!!! :goodvibes
Thank you so much!!

I love my dress because it is a little different than most dresses!

subscribing :goodvibes

The zoo looked brilliant.
Hi Chilly! The zoo was great! Like I said before though, it doesn't hold a candle to WDW though!! ;)

I read through your wedding TR! Looks like you had a wonderful day and a great trip!

wonderful dresses! so glad you had a good dress experience it's so easy to get overwhelmed and frustrated. I know when I go I only want my mom there when I try on and pick out my dress because she has enough of an opinion for 6 people :lmao:
My mom is the same way!! :lmao: She is usually right but she never holds back her opinion! It's good and bad.. :rolleyes1

Oh sweetie, I LOVE your dress! It is gorgeous and it is so, SO flattering on you! I love that it's different, but not something you'll regret in 10 years.

I got my tiara at Alfred Angelo. You could look at David's Bridal too? Or you know, you could get one of those dress up ones at the disney store... :lmao:
Thank you so much!!

That was my goal: get something fun and different but nothing that will scare me when I look back!

I will try Alfred's and David's for the tiara! Thanks for the tip.. and Ooh, girl! I could totally rock a the dress up tiara if someone would let me!! :rotfl: Plus, it's in the budget!! :cool2:

Thanks for reading along everyone!! :grouphug:

Yah!!! I'm so excited :) I made an account, and subscribed to your thread. Can't wait to hear all about the new plans!!

~Liz :lovestruc

Yah!!! I'm so excited :) I made an account, and subscribed to your thread. Can't wait to hear all about the new plans!!

~Liz :lovestruc
Hi lovie!! I'm so happy you're here! The DIS is great- you will love it! Go explore the boards!

Yay, you made a PJ! It is nice to see another crescent terrace bride :) I love your engagement story and dress. I've never been to jelly rolls but now I'm gonna have to check it out, I hear the dueling piano bar next door is a ton of fun too.

Yay, you made a PJ! It is nice to see another crescent terrace bride :) I love your engagement story and dress. I've never been to jelly rolls but now I'm gonna have to check it out, I hear the dueling piano bar next door is a ton of fun too.
Thanks so much!! Us Crescent Terrace brides need to stick together!

Actually, Jellyrolls is the dueling piano bar! It looks fantastic!

Everything looks so amazing! :)

Can't wait to follow along :)
Thanks! :hug:

Hope everyone has a very nice Sunday! I will be updating early in the week!

Hiya!

Your dress is beautiful and you look fabulous in it, great choice.

I'm also jealous of your hair lol I wish mine was that long but it just wont grow! xx

Joining in - first of all CONGRATS!!!! You two are a precious couple - you look totally in love...:lovestruc

The plans are coming along nicely - and the locations will be great - the dress is really special - love that it's not a "cookie cutter" dress - and the shoes - you are very wise to pick flats!!:rotfl:

Looking forward to following along .....:surfweb:

Hiya!

Your dress is beautiful and you look fabulous in it, great choice.

I'm also jealous of your hair lol I wish mine was that long but it just wont grow! xx
Thank you!!

I love my hair but sometimes it's just a big ol' pain to brush! I honestly think my hair has gotten so long because I take a ton of vitamins! :rotfl:
Everything looks great Faith!!! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks Nancy! :goodvibes
Joining in - first of all CONGRATS!!!! You two are a precious couple - you look totally in love...:lovestruc

The plans are coming along nicely - and the locations will be great - the dress is really special - love that it's not a "cookie cutter" dress - and the shoes - you are very wise to pick flats!!:rotfl:

Looking forward to following along .....:surfweb:
Thanks for your sweet words!! And I was not about to wear heels! :eek: I'm clumsy and 5'10".. certainly don't need heels! :lmao:

Thanks for reading everyone! An update will be coming along shortly!! :cheer2:

Happy Tuesday ladies!

So this morning I had my whole update written and I went to post it only to discover I was logged out! :scared1: So here is take two (which never seems to be as good as the first time you write something!):

Today I want to share my floral/decor inspiration!

Out of all the bouquets Karen sent me to choose from I picked a gorgeous pink and white rose bouquet. Here it is!:
Bouquet.png

We also ordered:
1. Max's bout.
2. Two Father bouts.
3. Two Mother corsages

I'm assuming the extra floral will compliment my bouquet! :thumbsup2

Next up is the arch.. we asked for the arch and the "large floral swag"--again, I'm assuming this will match my bouquet? I found two arches thanks to our very own Swan bride, Jennifer.. thanks for the great pictures/thread!

Anyone know which is the "standard" arch?

Is it this one?
bridalarch.jpg

Or.. option #2:
JM12447-17-07.jpg

Then, we asked for...
1. an ivory aisle runner-- I have no clue where the "aisle" is at Crescent Terrace but I needed an aisle runner. Actually, my mom insisted. :lmao:
2. Rose petals covering the aisle.

Finally.. my favorite part!:
As some of you may know, the Garden Grove (our reception site) has big paper lanterns hanging from the tree in the middle of the dining room. I thought it would be fun to incorporate paper lanterns into our ceremony! We will hang them off the chairs that line the aisle. I plan on adding a pink ribbon (to match my flowers) to the lantern.

Here is a very bad picture of them hanging off my kitchen chairs! :laughing:
18cbcca9-e90c-4395-b739-017b2b22adae.Large.jpg

Here is a picture of them from the website (which is much better!):
lant8ivr.2.jpg

I got a great deal on the lanterns!! I'm an active member of the Knot (wedding planning website) and one of the girls on my local board used these lanterns at her wedding and decided to sell them. I got 12 lanterns for $5! The website wanted $16 per lantern!! :scared1: I'm very pleased with my purchase! :yay:

We don't plan on decorating at the Garden Grove. It's pretty enough and I don't want to mess with it!

I know it's all fairly standard but I'm excited to see it all come together!! Honestly, I'm happy I don't really need to make any tough floral or decorating decisions as it just seems stressful!

In other news.. we picked out our wedding bands!!

I know it's early but I had been eyeing mine for about a year. Max said "let's just buy it!".. so we did! The ring now lives in our safety deposit box! Here she is (before it was sized!):
871d5d1b-c3e4-4eea-8b94-159b2dcd3568.Large.png

We didn't buy Max's wedding band but he knows exactly what he wants: yellow gold, plain, 4mm band! Here's his "inspiration" picture for it!:
Women%2527s+14k+Yellow+Gold+4mm+Comfort+Fit+Wedding+Band+Ring.jpg

I also decided that I needed to own the "official" Disney Bride t-shirt! I had free shipping so I ordered it off of the Disney Store's website yesterday!
400001737217MS

I can't wait to get it! :banana:

Finally, I got a little carried away at the Disney Store in my mall recently...

I LOVE the new Designer Princess Collection, but I'm really not crazy about the dolls (the concept art for them looks so much better, IMO!) SO.. I bought all the cups they had... :rolleyes1
315347_165103123572362_100002180263440_335310_1840596990_n.jpg

I'm missing 4. Hopefully I can get the rest!! :goodvibes

I hope everyone is having a great week!! Thanks for reading along! :grouphug:

Next Update: Hair and Make-Up Inspiration!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter