**Faith and Max's 12.22.12 Swan/Garden Grove/ADH Wedding!!** UPDATED 16!!

Faith sweetie - I love everything!! Your dress is gorgeous - oh! what a princess it will make on the day!!!
Your Mum looks very elegant in that dress and I think it will be amazing in purple!!!
Everything seems to be going really well!!
Thanks so much Jo! My mom thanks you too. She really appreciated your sweet comment!

Faith I love everything so far. Your shoes are really cute and I wouldn't mind a pair myself!
I LOVE my shoes! They're comfy and sparkly! Thanks!!

Pretty dress :thumbsup2 I like the sparkle in ur head band 2... ur mom looks so happy n her dress 2... i am happy 4 u that ur mom is by ur side :goodvibes
I knew you'd like my headband sparkle! :lmao: We are totally sparkle sisters. :hug:

Thanks for the kind words, girl!

I totally agree about the crinoline! I love the poof :) and I think the headband is a really nice touch, very tasteful and elegant. Your mom looks so cute, I think I like that dress better than the other one we found! She looks good in purple. Tell her to get it! lol excited about the shirt and bags, and to see the menu ;)
Lizzy! :love: :hug::hug:

The crinoline looks great with your dress! I also really, really like your Mom's dress! Do you know who its by?
Hi Wendy! Thank you!

Her dress is made by Venus Bridal. :goodvibes

I love your dress and the extra poof! Makes me remember that I need to get moving on finding a dress. lol

Happy Monday, ladies!!

My parents and I went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party last Friday night and had a blast!! This was my 3rd year, but my parents' first. We were the "Three Bears"-- we made t-shirts "Papa Bear", "Mama Bear", and "Baby Bear".. not too exciting but it was easy and we didn't have to mess around with giant, hot costumes!

We stayed at Bay Lake Tower and absolutely loved it!

I managed to snag a few wedding items while I was there!:

The Bridal Ears Headband (not a fan of the hat-- my poor hair! :rolleyes1)

IMG_1015.jpg

I wanted to wear these the whole time we were there!! But, as you can tell, I didn't even cut the tag off. Very proud of myself!

I also bought Max a hat. He's going to take the ears off and attach them to a "Groom" baseball cap a la Mr. Lurkyloo (thanks for the instructions, Carrie!). We are not a fan of the new Groom hat so we figured this would be a good compromise.

IMG_1020.jpg

I found this gorgeous picture awhile ago and decided that I must have a hat with our date on the back!

mail

We plan on taking a picture like this one for our Save the Dates (going out in January!). Here's the hat:

IMG_1018.jpg

I bought all of these at The Chapeau on Mainstreet. When I told the CM that we were getting married at WDW, he gave us the embroidery for free!! :woohoo:

The wedding fun didn't end there!!

My hunt for the Just Married Buttons was ON. Through the DIS, I heard that there were a few Just Married Buttons still floating around. I was determined, y'all.

We went to the Poly, Grand FL, and the Contemporary.. Nothing. :headache: A CM at the Poly told me that Disney discontinued the Just Married buttons because they were "politically incorrect" and too "gender specific". She also told me that the buttons were currently being re-designed! So, I'm assuming that means we will be getting Just Married buttons back sometime! :cheer2: However, I'm confused how they're going to make a politcally correct button.. unless, they make 3-4 different buttons to accomodate all marriages, which is a possibility but I'm sure people will complain about that too.

Anyways, back to the hunt..

I was given these buttons but wasn't satisfied. They're cute and all, but I wanted the real deal.

IMG_0957.jpg

We were told that the best place to ask would be Guest Relations at MK. So, mom and I hopped on the monorail and hoped for the best.

We asked a nice CM who told us... THEY HAD THEM!! But.. we didn't have park tickets. :sad1:

I about got on my knees and begged the CM to go into the park and get them for us. She went and consulted with her supervisor and told us she could go check to see if there were still any.

We waited for about 5 minutes and we saw her walking back with nothing in her hand.. :sad1: I was really upset but figured I'd just wait for the newly deisgned buttons.

She came up to us, got really close, and said "You need to hide these" and pulled two out from her pocket!! :worship:

IMG_0958.jpg

She told me that these were the last 30 left in WDW. I am so grateful to have a set!!

So, if anyone is going to be at MK soon.. ASK!!

While I was looking for the Just Married buttons, I asked for some "I'm Celebrating" buttons to go into our Welcome Bags. I picked up a few:

IMG_0956.jpg

And by a few I mean... 156!!!! Yes, I counted. The CMs were super generous in giving me "just a couple" buttons.

IMG_0955.jpg

Here's me celebrating my good button fortune by the pool:

IMG_0959.jpg

Can you tell how happy I am? :lmao:

I also took my mom and daddy to see the ceremony site at the Swan.. they really liked it and I was so relieved! My parents are picky people. :rolleyes1

We ate at the Garden Grove (reception site) and really enjoyed the menu, which is set to be our menu for the wedding, according to the wonderful Assistant Manager, Robbie, who I cornered for about 15 minutes and peppered with questions. :thumbsup2

Robbie told me that they signed the contract with Disney for 2012 so we will definitely have characters at the reception... and the characters will be Goofy and Pluto! :goodvibes

Here's the menu for the reception (taken from Swan website-- the one on WDWinfo is wrong!):

GardenGroveMenu.png

Between the 3 of us, we tried everything and it was all delicious!! I was so so so happy! :thumbsup2

It was really nice to see my parents excited about everything and they were really pleased to learn that we will receive 20% off the reception bill because we are DVC members! :upsidedow

Finally, we requested a Videographer for 4 hours and Karen emailed me that we have officially booked Paul Duhon of PD Weddings. I checked out his work and love it! :lovestruc

If you've read all of this update, :hug:!

We are so excited for our big day, even though it's so far away! I know time is going to fly by.

Our engagement photos are set for November 20, 2011 and now we need to start thinking about those outfits! We can't wait!

Up Next: Our Wedding Weekend Itinerary!

That's so great you were able to find the buttons! That reminds me to ask for some Celebrating buttons when I'm down next month! Did you get them at your hotel or the parks?

You are crafty! Good for getting those buttons. :thumbsup2
So you got all of those "we're celebrating" buttons free? My honey and I are headed to WDW on Thursday for our site visit so I am going to ask everywhere if they have the "Just Married" buttons. And of course, see what else we can snag at no cost to us. Any suggestions?

I just love that you didn't give up until you found what your heart desired! :banana:

I am so happy 4 u that u got what u wanted!! :banana: The buttons r cute... WOW 156! they were really generous :goodvibes Nice work :thumbsup2

Sounds like you made some great progress this weekend!!!
Thanks!! So much for a vacation-- we were busy! :lmao:
Good work on getting the buttons!
Thank you very much! :cool2:
That's so great you were able to find the buttons! That reminds me to ask for some Celebrating buttons when I'm down next month! Did you get them at your hotel or the parks?
I got them at the Contemporary (our resort), the Poly, and the Grand FL. We just jumped on the monorail and asked at Guest Check in.
You are crafty! Good for getting those buttons. :thumbsup2
So you got all of those "we're celebrating" buttons free? My honey and I are headed to WDW on Thursday for our site visit so I am going to ask everywhere if they have the "Just Married" buttons. And of course, see what else we can snag at no cost to us. Any suggestions?

I just love that you didn't give up until you found what your heart desired! :banana:
I'm very crafty! :lmao:

Yes, all of the buttons are free!! You definitely need to pick up some "I'm Celebrating" buttons. As far as other no-cost items that can be useful, I think maps and the guides would be perfect if you need them for welcome bags. Other than that, I don't know of any other items. Maybe some of the other girls do...?

I am so happy 4 u that u got what u wanted!! :banana: The buttons r cute... WOW 156! they were really generous :goodvibes Nice work :thumbsup2
Thanks girl!! And yes, they were so generous about the "I'm Celebrating" buttons! We got really lucky!

Thanks for reading along everyone!

Wow, you definitely made some progress this weekend! And I am happy for you, but also VERY JEALOUS THAT YOU GOT TO GO TO MNSHHP THIS WEEKEND!!!! I've only been once. Did you say hi to the HM float for me?!?!

I got those bride ears at my shower and I love them. They're so cute! I'm also going to make my DF the groom baseball cap ears. :thumbsup2

And YAY!!! I am so glad you got some Just Married buttons! My grandmother got me some at Kidani Village back in February. She and my grandfather have been married for 50 years, so they got some strange looks when they asked for the Just Married buttons... :rotfl:

Glad that you'll definitely have characters at the Garden Grove too! I can't wait to try it. :)

Oh! So how about a quick little review of BLT? I'm staying there for 7 days in January!

Yay! What a pretty girl you are, in your bride ears! :goodvibes

I am SOOOO jealous that you have been to MNSSHP already. We will be going one month from tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Great updates all around! :yay:

Yah!! I really love the hats! They're so cute. I can't wait to run all around the park with you when you wear them! And the buttons!! :yay: awesome! I love the I'm celebrating buttons for the welcome bags, everyone is really going to like them! Oh honey, your craftiness makes me so happy :hug: lol The menu sounds so good!! And meditarrianian themed! Your lebanese bestie approves ::yes:: Can't wait to see the engagement photos and so happy mom and dad are onboard!!! :goodvibes

Great update! So glad you were able to get some Just Married buttons! I bought mine on ebay a few months ago - crazy, but I had to have them! :lmao: Thank you for reminding me about Carrie's groom hat tutorial... may have see if my DF would wear them. Did you have any trouble finding your bride ears? I don't like the new ones either... Disney really needs to get a clue and make the groom ears on a baseball cap! I'm kind of excited to see what they do next for the Just Married buttons to make them more "politically correct!"

First off, I LOVE your dress. You totally rock that dress with the crinoline. Go mom! Your mom looks fabulous in her dress too. Yay for scoring the buttons, we're going up in November and we're gonna try to get some buttons too. I ordered off ebay and when they came they were from DisneyLAND not Disney world. Oops.

I love your hat idea for the save the dates, that will look really cute.

Love that you got your "just married" buttons, I picked up a set on my trip Aug 2010 and good thing I did, I can't believe they are so hard to find anymore. I just wish I had gotten to groom top hat before those got discontinued to.

Great result on the badges (I mean buttons - we call them badges in the UK!!). Love the ears!!

:wave: Hi, Faith!

Looks like you had an amazing and productive trip! (You look adorable in the bridal ears). I can't believe all those buttons! :rotfl:

Also, that's great news your family enjoyed the ceremony site and you got to talk more about the reception. Awesome!!!

Wow, you definitely made some progress this weekend! And I am happy for you, but also VERY JEALOUS THAT YOU GOT TO GO TO MNSHHP THIS WEEKEND!!!! I've only been once. Did you say hi to the HM float for me?!?!

I got those bride ears at my shower and I love them. They're so cute! I'm also going to make my DF the groom baseball cap ears. :thumbsup2

And YAY!!! I am so glad you got some Just Married buttons! My grandmother got me some at Kidani Village back in February. She and my grandfather have been married for 50 years, so they got some strange looks when they asked for the Just Married buttons... :rotfl:

Glad that you'll definitely have characters at the Garden Grove too! I can't wait to try it.

Oh! So how about a quick little review of BLT? I'm staying there for 7 days in January!
I totally said hi to those Grim Grinning Ghosts for you! :thumbsup2 They missed you though! ;)

:rotfl: I love that your grandma snagged the buttons for you! Go Granny!!

The baseball hat idea is the best-- much comfier for DFi! We will have to help each other out..!

Okay, and BLT was AMAZING. :love: The Contemporary is my favorite resort for various reasons but BLT was perfect.

It was QUIET. I seriously didn't hear anyone when I was in my room. We stayed in a 1 BR and had plenty of room. The beds were super comfy, and the pool was a bit crowded but still relaxing.

My advice: go to the Top of the World Lounge to see the MK fireworks some night! If you do go, be sure to get there at least 15 minutes early as the bar starts to fill up!

I can't wait to hear how you like BLT! I told Max that I never wanted to stay anywhere else again... sadly, our DVC points would be gone pretty quick if we did that! :lmao:

Yay! What a pretty girl you are, in your bride ears!
I am SOOOO jealous that you have been to MNSSHP already. We will be going one month from tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Great updates all around! :yay:
Aww, thanks!! :hug:

I hope you have a blast at MNSSHP! Have you been before??

Yah!! I really love the hats! They're so cute. I can't wait to run all around the park with you when you wear them! And the buttons!! :yay: awesome! I love the I'm celebrating buttons for the welcome bags, everyone is really going to like them! Oh honey, your craftiness makes me so happy :hug: lol The menu sounds so good!! And meditarrianian themed! Your lebanese bestie approves ::yes:: Can't wait to see the engagement photos and so happy mom and dad are onboard!!! :goodvibes
It's going to be so much fun, Lizzy!! And, I knew you'd like the menu. Can't wait to see you in December. :lovestruc
Great update! So glad you were able to get some Just Married buttons! I bought mine on ebay a few months ago - crazy, but I had to have them! :lmao: Thank you for reminding me about Carrie's groom hat tutorial... may have see if my DF would wear them. Did you have any trouble finding your bride ears? I don't like the new ones either... Disney really needs to get a clue and make the groom ears on a baseball cap! I'm kind of excited to see what they do next for the Just Married buttons to make them more "politically correct!"
I decided I'd have to buy mine off eBay too if I couldn't get them!!

I had no trouble finding the bridal headband. I saw them on the Boardwalk, at MK, and at Downtown Disney. Just be sure to inspect the ones you buy because sometimes sequins are missing or are bent! :headache:

I'm really interested to see what they're going to do to make politically correct buttons.. should be interesting! popcorn::

First off, I LOVE your dress. You totally rock that dress with the crinoline. Go mom! Your mom looks fabulous in her dress too. Yay for scoring the buttons, we're going up in November and we're gonna try to get some buttons too. I ordered off ebay and when they came they were from DisneyLAND not Disney world. Oops.

I love your hat idea for the save the dates, that will look really cute.
Thanks so much!! My mom loved your comment too!

Definitely try your luck at getting the buttons! It's worth a shot.

What do the DL buttons look like?

Love that you got your "just married" buttons, I picked up a set on my trip Aug 2010 and good thing I did, I can't believe they are so hard to find anymore. I just wish I had gotten to groom top hat before those got discontinued to.
I wish we had gotten the top hat too. :( Definitely look into Lurkyloo's baseball hat alternative though!!
Great result on the badges (I mean buttons - we call them badges in the UK!!). Love the ears!!
Thanks Jo! :hug:
:wave: Hi, Faith!

Looks like you had an amazing and productive trip! (You look adorable in the bridal ears). I can't believe all those buttons! :rotfl:

Also, that's great news your family enjoyed the ceremony site and you got to talk more about the reception. Awesome!!!
All of the buttons are ridiculous! I don't know where to put them all! :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Thanks for reading along and for all the sweet comments, everyone!! :grouphug:

Hi Faith! Everything sounds wonderful so far! I was reading your first post and I felt like we were cut from the same mold! I love Disney (duh) Harry Potter :lovestruc and scrapbooking!

I think the dress you picked is perfect and agree that the poof makes it even better, good call on that. :thumbsup2

I look forward to hearing more about your planning, fun stuff!

Hi Faith! Everything sounds wonderful so far! I was reading your first post and I felt like we were cut from the same mold! I love Disney (duh) Harry Potter :lovestruc and scrapbooking!

I think the dress you picked is perfect and agree that the poof makes it even better, good call on that. :thumbsup2

I look forward to hearing more about your planning, fun stuff!

So glad you found my PJ! Thanks for your kind words!

We definitely are from the same mold!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter