Face mask while at table

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are almost a year into this. Yes its bad for a very small percentage of people. People that probably wouldn't/shouldn't go to Disney. I guess after many months of this I just don't know why you would go to Disney if you think there are risks. Just don't go. For those willing to mitigate the risk, as you mitigate risks everyday, let them go and live.
Do you think disney wants people to go if they are 100% care free? No disney needs people to follow the rules so they can stay open. So they don't get bad press due to covid outbreaks. Disney will keep these rules way longer than the majority of the country will. This was never a political or medical debate it's the rules if they enforce them you follow. If you don't than get removed. It's very simple.

Disney could tell you that you can only wear long pants and a sweater to enter the park and anyone seen removing it will be asked to leave. It's there property they legit make all the rules. We can either not go or follow.

Ok dad, geez the boards are for discussion. :teeth: People aren't saying they won't follow, just that they would rather be able to remove masks as soon as they sit down. Not sure why Disney is going backwards on this. I lived in a state with some of the tightest rules and even here we can remove masks once seated. Trying to convince my husband this shouldn't be a deal breaker. We have too much time, money and points invested in this trip. Seems with the vaccine roll out, rules should be relaxing.
Right & in many areas case numbers are way down.

Staying home and not going to a restaurant in a YEAR is the definition of fear. And sorry but the replies to this thread one year into this are madness. The ego investment in people who’ve given up their freedom for a year because they are “doing the right thing” is so great that when any suggestion is made that the sacrifice was not necessary its met with a visceral defense mechanism response. And yes I do have a ton of practical experience with this disease because of my job so please don’t use your google search as a replacement for my medical degree..
Amen to this!

Do you think disney wants people to go if they are 100% care free? No disney needs people to follow the rules so they can stay open. So they don't get bad press due to covid outbreaks. Disney will keep these rules way longer than the majority of the country will. This was never a political or medical debate it's the rules if they enforce them you follow. If you don't than get removed. It's very simple.

Disney could tell you that you can only wear long pants and a sweater to enter the park and anyone seen removing it will be asked to leave. It's there property they legit make all the rules. We can either not go or follow.
Until it hits their profits. You are correct about Disney setting their own rules, but if it were to stop them from making money, their faux concern for safety and image would change too.

DIsney is located in Florida, they could be open with less rules, this is on Disney and Disney alone.

We are almost a year into this. Yes its bad for a very small percentage of people. People that probably wouldn't/shouldn't go to Disney. I guess after many months of this I just don't know why you would go to Disney if you think there are risks. Just don't go. For those willing to mitigate the risk, as you mitigate risks everyday, let them go and live.
Here is the thing: I'm comfortable with the risk if people are using common sense. Masks are a band-aid for times when you can't physically distance and should be worn anytime someone is closer than 6'. This would include a server coming to your table to minimize risk of transmission.

We're all in this together and it would be nice if people actually acted like it. This rule change was completely unnecessary because it's how people should have been acting in the first place.

I would also add that camping at tables for 30 minutes post meal is incredibly rude in a crowded establishment as even in pre-Covid times it was hard to find tables (and it reduced wages for watiers/waitresses). If this is happening now I am 100% in favor of putting a rule like this on paper to get those people to move along.

Right & in many areas case numbers are way down.
"Down" relative to the most recent spike. We are still at a higher number of daily new cases than anytime prior to late-October 2020 with 2,000 people dying per day.

We shouldn't get comfortable with those numbers and start relaxing. It will only serve to enable yet another spike in cases.

Last edited:
Correct and like I said they will prolly keep most of the rules in place longer than anywhere else.

You don’t know that. Disney has to answer to its shareholders. Can you imagine Lex Luther explaining why Disney is not running at full capacity when all other theme parks are?

I don’t understand why people have this belief that Disney is some holy company. If the CDC recommends lowering restrictions, and the mouse sees the ability to increase profit, you’ll see normal return the same time as everywhere else.

You don’t know that. Disney has to answer to its shareholders. Can you imagine Lex Luther explaining why Disney is not running at full capacity when all other theme parks are?

I don’t understand why people have this belief that Disney is some holy company. If the CDC recommends lowering restrictions, and the mouse sees the ability to increase profit, you’ll see normal return the same time as everywhere else.
It will be a balancing act for sure. But right now if they let more people in it would be a nightmare. They will prolly slowly open more shows and restaurants. Once they eat enough people than they can add more capacity. I don't think anyone thinks they are holy. I just think bad press and massive covid outbreaks being linked would do more harm than some rule people don't agree with.

DIsney is located in Florida, they could be open with less rules, this is on Disney and Disney alone.
Good on them. Even though cases are down, the pandemic is still here.

I'm shocked that this whole mask thing is ongoing for a year. IMO seeing littles smiles as Disney is not what makes a park for me. Hearing their screams on rides is what makes a park.

Ok dad, geez the boards are for discussion. :teeth: People aren't saying they won't follow, just that they would rather be able to remove masks as soon as they sit down. Not sure why Disney is going backwards on this. I lived in a state with some of the tightest rules and even here we can remove masks once seated. Trying to convince my husband this shouldn't be a deal breaker. We have too much time, money and points invested in this trip. Seems with the vaccine roll out, rules should be relaxing.
That comment was part of a discussion. I don’t get to the point where they don’t feel they should have to follow the rule because it doesn’t make sense to them. Disney is establishing rules for what guests have to do in order to dine at their property. They’re being informed by people who know much more on the subject than the general public. The average person isn’t qualified to make the determination on what needs to be done.

Bottom line, you have to wear your mask for a few more minutes. It’s not a big deal at all.

Staying home and not going to a restaurant in a YEAR is the definition of fear. And sorry but the replies to this thread one year into this are madness. The ego investment in people who’ve given up their freedom for a year because they are “doing the right thing” is so great that when any suggestion is made that the sacrifice was not necessary its met with a visceral defense mechanism response. And yes I do have a ton of practical experience with this disease because of my job so please don’t use your google search as a replacement for my medical degree..
This idea of fear being the reason people take precautions is bizarre. Different people have different levels of risk tolerance and different situations. Maybe someone has a pre-existing condition, perhaps they have a relative they’re trying to protect, or maybe they’re just not comfortable. It’s condescending to call their concerns fear.

it doesn’t make one brave not to follow the COVID prevention protocols, it’s makes one selfish.

This idea of fear being the reason people take precautions is bizarre. Different people have different levels of risk tolerance and different situations. Maybe someone has a pre-existing condition, perhaps they have a relative they’re trying to protect, or maybe they’re just not comfortable. It’s condescending to call their concerns fear.

it doesn’t make one brave not to follow the COVID prevention protocols, it’s makes one selfish.
Thank you for so ably proving my point about ego investment.

I am begging each and everyone of you to please email guest.services@disneyworld.com

If they hear from more of us, perhaps they'll revisit ALL of this nonsense. ALL WDW property should be masks OPTIONAL. Florida is open, does not have this type of policy. Why follow the failures of California when their folks are fleeing or wish they could. I live in GA and my kids have been in school with NO mask requirement since August. No evidence of spread. We need to get past this and stop allowing the false narrative to continue sucking the joy out of life. People don't even know how to communicate anymore - this is NOT the new normal.

I would also add that camping at tables for 30 minutes post meal is incredibly rude in a crowded establishment as even in pre-Covid times it was hard to find tables (and it reduced wages for watiers/waitresses). If this is happening now I am 100% in favor of putting a rule like this on paper to get those people to move along.

I'm trying to avoid getting sucked into mask discussion, but the idea of turning over tables being the impetus for this got me to thinking...

Oga's Cantina has a 45-minute time limit for guests (which existed pre-COVID and was 100% about turnover). Maybe Disney will implement time limits for all restaurants (I know... don't give them any ideas!).

You're not here to talk. You're not here to relax. You're here to eat! So sit down and shut up. Leave your mask on until your food arrives. Then scarf it down, put your mask back on, and GET OUT!!!! (but not before paying the $300+ bill) :joker:

I am begging each and everyone of you to please email guest.services@disneyworld.com

If they hear from more of us, perhaps they'll revisit ALL of this nonsense. ALL WDW property should be masks OPTIONAL. Florida is open, does not have this type of policy. Why follow the failures of California when their folks are fleeing or wish they could. I live in GA and my kids have been in school with NO mask requirement since August. No evidence of spread. We need to get past this and stop allowing the false narrative to continue sucking the joy out of life. People don't even know how to communicate anymore - this is NOT the new normal.

Thank you for the address. I emailed, thanking them for their mask policy and concern for safety, despite what the politicians say.

If masks were optional, I would not go right now.

I came back from a fabulous trip in Jan. I felt very, very safe. We wore out masks. We did not eat inside. While seated and enjoying our meal... if we were not actively eating/drinking, we put out masks back on. Not a big issue. And I have been able to communicate with my kids just fine.... still know how, even with the masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter