Extra person which hotel

GONETODISNEY

Mouseketeer
We are planning trip to WdW in May. This time however, my sons friend is supposed to come with us. We are booked at the Poly, but are considering moving to 2 rooms at a moderate hotel to have more space for all of us. We will miss comvenience of monorail very very badly though. Now, should I make this change at all? And if so , should I wait to the last minute to do so just in case his friend backs out of going?

Thanks for your help!

We have the same problem, it will be me, DH, DS, DS and a friend of DS, 5 total.

I just think 5 in one room for a week will be awfully crowded, so I am considering 2 rooms at a moderate, so we can have more space, plus that will give us another bathroom.

Originally posted by GONETODISNEY
We are planning trip to WdW in May. This time however, my sons friend is supposed to come with us. We are booked at the Poly, but are considering moving to 2 rooms at a moderate hotel to have more space for all of us. We will miss comvenience of monorail very very badly though. Now, should I make this change at all? And if so , should I wait to the last minute to do so just in case his friend backs out of going?

Keep your reservations at the Poly they sleep five and the rooms are large. You didn't say what age the two boys will be but they will be at the game room or pool unless they are sleeping.

All boys know that you don't have to take a bath if you went swimming...right. That's what my nephews keep trying to convince me. :p

Have you considered the Contemporary??? The rooms are very roomy (I think the largest of any resort) and the day bed in there is plenty big. My 16 y/o used it and did fine. Our boys also chose the Contemporary because it has the largest game room and the monorail is right there too. Also, the snack shop is right by the game room which my boys always liked too for the refillable mugs and snacks if they wanted. Also, they are always still in the same building as you even if they go down there and you want to stay in the room for a while. My only concern would be the bathroom, but then my boys never spent much time in there anyway!!! :earseek:

We are a party of 5 & I booked 2 rooms at CSR. It has some deluxe ammenities that the other mods don't have: Health Club, Hair Salon, high-speed internet access, 123 foot pool slide & the larges hot tub on WDW property. Plus CSR does not share it's bus route with any other resort. (not quite the same as the monorail, but...)

Whichever you decide, I am sure you will have a wonderful time!

Eeyore 2003,
What kind of pool are does Contemporary have. My boys love the slides and themed pools available at Disney!

I stayed at the Poly with five last August. It was me, my sister, my brother-in-law, my 12 year old nephew, and my 10 year old niece. I have to say that I never felt squished in the room, and we had lots of bags, and the kids had lots of toys (my sister's family drove there, so they had more stuff than you usually have on vacation).

Getting ready in the morning ran into problems sometimes, as it took a bit longer in the bathroom with the sink being inside the bathroom and all. But, my sister and I are early risers, so we whoever got up first would take the first shower, and the next one would go in. It took about an hour on average for all of us to shower and eat breakfast.

The only other space issue was the drawer space--there just wasn't enough drawer space for five people, but we solved that problem by using a suitcase as a drawer for the week.

Karen

If you decide to stay at the Polynesian, request Tahiti, Rapa Nui or Tokelau Longhouse. These rooms are bigger and some come with double sinks outside of the bathroom area which will allow several people access to the sinks while someone else is showering, etc.

Vicki

I have the same problem. I saw that there are cabins at the Fort Wilderness Resort that sleeps six. Has anyone been there? It seems pretty resonable and it must be spacious to sleep that many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter