Extra Hours Working at AK

tacoboy

Earning My Ears
Hey all!
I am an upcoming CP in Attractions for Fall Advantage 2013. I REALLY want to work at Animal Kingdom (KSR, hopefully), but I also want to bring home some money from my program.

Any CPs at AK know how to get lots of extra hours? I know the park operates less hours each day than the others because of the animals, but is it easy to get other shifts at other parks at night?

Specifically, what time to night parade and fantasmic shifts start? Could I finish a day shift at KSR or Everest and then drive over to DHS and do a shift there?

The best way to get extra hours is by checking on the HUB. Its always easier to pick them up at your location first. You also have the ability to extend within your shift, extending an hour each day can really add up.

As far as nightime parade/fireworks, depending on what time the fireworks are, they start anywhere between 7 and 9, these shifts are generally only 2-hours in length. Fantasmic can start as early as 5. These shifts are also very short.

Talk to your managers about getting cross-trained once you arrive at your location. Often times you won't need to look outside your location to pick-up extra hours.

My daughter worked at AK for one semester of her CP and she got lots of hours. They seemed to have quite a few private parties after closing.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter