Extended Evening Hours

I’ll be there starting March 3 for a week. Evening hours are listed for every park every night. Could this be right?

Question for Epcot Extended Evening - We will be staying at Boardwalk with 2 kids and inlaws. We have friends staying off site. We plan on leaving the kids with inlaws and hanging with friends at Epcot that night. Do they just check credentials when going on rides? Does World Showcase stay open? Could they just borrow Magic Bands of others in our party? (they plan on purchasing tickets to get into park)

World Showcase is closed as are most of the food and drink options. We saw a couple of carts with popcorn or snacks but that was it. As I said above, they block access to World Showcase between Norway and France so you can’t stroll around that part of the park. Bands display your name when you tap into the ride, and are linked to your account, so my guess is that trying to use a duplicate band would be caught and might not go well. I wouldn’t risk it.

World Showcase is closed as are most of the food and drink options. We saw a couple of carts with popcorn or snacks but that was it. As I said above, they block access to World Showcase between Norway and France so you can’t stroll around that part of the park. Bands display your name when you tap into the ride, and are linked to your account, so my guess is that trying to use a duplicate band would be caught and might not go well. I wouldn’t risk it.
At one point, the Rose & Crown Pub was open for takeout drinks. But we haven't been for late nights in a while. I don't know if it's still open.

At one point, the Rose & Crown Pub was open for takeout drinks. But we haven't been for late nights in a while. I don't know if it's still open.
We only passed by them at around 10:45 (with an 11pm close) and they were definitely shut then. Judging by the number of very drunk people hanging around outside them (we had an interesting conversation about ghosts with a couple who randomly accosted us...), they may have been open past the 9pm park close.

Also, if you hang around for long enough at MK, you can get shots like these. The one Disney Photo Pass photographer who was on Main Street closed her line around half an hour before the end of the evening, so if you want one of their pics, you need to leave a little sooner than we did...
View attachment 646727

View attachment 646728
WOW- that is incredible. Haven't seen main street that empty since our trips when the parks opened back up after the 2020 closures,

Is it pretty typical for the fireworks to overlap the EE hours? Like enchantment at 9 and EE 9-11? Or would it normally be more of a gap between fireworks, official park close, EE (ex: 8pm enchantment, 9-11 EE)?
I don’t know why but I’m having trouble wrapping my mind around how this works with not missing half the time for fireworks and all the day guests jumping in line during fireworks etc.

Is it pretty typical for the fireworks to overlap the EE hours? Like enchantment at 9 and EE 9-11? Or would it normally be more of a gap between fireworks, official park close, EE (ex: 8pm enchantment, 9-11 EE)?
I don’t know why but I’m having trouble wrapping my mind around how this works with not missing half the time for fireworks and all the day guests jumping in line during fireworks etc.
If the park closes at 9, day guests won’t be allowed to get in line any later than 8:59. It does take a little bit for the line to clear, but not so long since the LL closes then too. For especially popular rides like SDMT, it’s often a good idea to ride other attractions at the start of Extra Hours and save the especially popular rides for later.

If the park closes at 9, day guests won’t be allowed to get in line any later than 8:59. It does take a little bit for the line to clear, but not so long since the LL closes then too. For especially popular rides like SDMT, it’s often a good idea to ride other attractions at the start of Extra Hours and save the especially popular rides for later.
So helpful!
Are the fireworks usually over before that happens? Or would we be missing 30 minutes of rides in EE to watch fireworks? I’m trying to decide how many nights we need in MK to decide on PH- if we can see enchantment and make the most of EE I think we might skip PH

So helpful!
Are the fireworks usually over before that happens? Or would we be missing 30 minutes of rides in EE to watch fireworks? I’m trying to decide how many nights we need in MK to decide on PH- if we can see enchantment and make the most of EE I think we might skip PH
If park closes, fireworks begin and EE begin all at the same time, yes, you have to decide between fireworks and EE. I have no idea how often that happens, though!

So helpful!
I think so far, definitely for this week MK fireworks have been before extra magic hrs. For example this past week MK fireworks were at 8, with EE hours 10-midnight.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, fireworks lasted 15 minutes. The biggest issue would be trying to get out of the mob of people to get to the rides, but if you're strategic in where you watch from, you should still be able to get some rides in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter