Extended Evening Hours & linking DVC to MDE

jolynne28

Mouseketeer
This is a two parter.

We are doing a one night stay with my sister's family at the end of June on an EEH night at MK. We are using our DVC points at BRV for two studios. My sister's family has never done Disney and do not have Magic Bands or MDE. This is sort of a trial run during a visit to us to see if they want to do a longer trip next year, and I am managing everything on my account. Is this going to complicate the EEH? I've actually not done this yet myself, but don't you have to scan your band to enter all the rides? Should we have them buy bands to make it easier?

I also can't seem to figure out how to add my DVC info to MDE. My family is doing a 5 night split stay next week, but it doesn't show on MDE and I don't see where to link my DVC account to it even though they use the same log in.

Call Member Services. You need a code to link your MDE to DVC. They can help you and walk you through how to enter the code.

As far as you sisters family, they don't HAVE to have Magic Band, but it would certainly be easier than pulling out a ticket card everywhere. The "old style" cards also work on the tap locations, but they are just too easy for me to lose, so I use a Magic Band until a better/different system comes around.

Last edited:
As far as linking DVC reservations to MDE, you enter the confirmation number into MDE the same as for a cash reservation. Then you link the people staying in that room by clicking their names in your F&F list. Unfortunately, DVC reservations don’t automatically link to MDE, you have to do it manually.

As far as EEH, your family members can scan into rides using the same thing they use to enter the park - their Key to the World card that’s the combo Disney resort room key plus park ticket, or their park ticket if staying offsite. But many times at EEH the CM scans one person’s MB, asks how many in the party, and sends everyone through.

As far as linking DVC reservations to MDE, you enter the confirmation number into MDE the same as for a cash reservation. Then you link the people staying in that room by clicking their names in your F&F list. Unfortunately, DVC reservations don’t automatically link to MDE, you have to do it manually.

As far as EEH, your family members can scan into rides using the same thing they use to enter the park - their Key to the World card that’s the combo Disney resort room key plus park ticket, or their park ticket if staying offsite. But many times at EEH the CM scans one person’s MB, asks how many in the party, and sends everyone through.
Thanks for this, I wasn't aware that the reservations didn't automatically load until I called member services.

We won't have room keys before we enter the park, we plan on arriving early and leaving our bags with bell services. I may just encourage her to buy bands just for simplicity, I agree with the previous poster saying it's easy to lose the card.

Thanks for this, I wasn't aware that the reservations didn't automatically load until I called member services.

We won't have room keys before we enter the park, we plan on arriving early and leaving our bags with bell services. I may just encourage her to buy bands just for simplicity, I agree with the previous poster saying it's easy to lose the card.

Since you are going to the resort to drop bags, just go to the front desk and they can give you the cards then..if you don’t want to have them buy MBs.

Since you are going to the resort to drop bags, just go to the front desk and they can give you the cards then..if you don’t want to have them buy MBs.
Thanks we may do that. Magic bands snd genie plus for 4 people in one day adds another $200 to their visit.

facebook twitter