Explosion in Nashville!

Thanks for the updates. I loved the 615 Strong decal on the Titans' helmets.

Have they come up with any motive other than just a splashy suicide to remember? Any reasons given for the specific location where he blew himself up?

From what I have seen, so far they haven't. They were exploring several theories possibly on the why. Most of the news today has been the cats and then finding getting into the area, 10 buildings have been condemned and are on the verge of collapsing. We're looking at possibly beyond 2nd street having to be shut down because the water pipe damage may be vast. Spaghetti factory said it would take well over a year to rebuild.

One thing to keep in mind, Drake just took over as Chief of police within the last few months.

This is a good article with photos, more details and just the overall picture of what this area looks like.
https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...avenue-mnpd-investigation-updates/4094456001/

I honestly don't know if that area of Nashville will ever be the same.

The FBI released a tiny bit of information today. Apparently, Anthony Warner sent some "materials" to some of his friends shortly before the Christmas Day bombing. The FBI did not disclose any of the contents, so we don't know whether his act had a political objective (which would make it domestic terrorism), or just his unique flavor of craziness.

https://www.local10.com/news/nation...hville-bomber-sent-material-to-acquaintances/

The FBI released a tiny bit of information today. Apparently, Anthony Warner sent some "materials" to some of his friends shortly before the Christmas Day bombing. The FBI did not disclose any of the contents, so we don't know whether his act had a political objective (which would make it domestic terrorism), or just his unique flavor of craziness.

https://www.local10.com/news/nation...hville-bomber-sent-material-to-acquaintances/
I for one will be shocked, if his motive was simply to kill himself. I know you've mentioned earlier in this thread that you suspected that was the case. Out of curiosity, how many people have you ever heard of committing suicide via a bomb in a very public way with no agenda other than committing suicide? I've never heard of it, but I know you have more experience in this area than I do.

I for one will be shocked, if his motive was simply to kill himself. I know you've mentioned earlier in this thread that you suspected that was the case. Out of curiosity, how many people have you ever heard of committing suicide via a bomb in a very public way with no agenda other than committing suicide? I've never heard of it, but I know you have more experience in this area than I do.
Yeah, to me he just doesn't seem like a terrorist -- but I've been wrong before...often, lol.

He just strikes me as a guy with real serious problems that finally overwhelmed him. This latest info seems like more of the "saying goodbye" behavior that many suicidal people exhibit right before they act.

It's possible he had a grudge against ATT because his father worked for BellSouth, which was spun off from ATT many years ago. If his father's career ended unhappily, he could harbor a grudge and that might be why he set the bomb off there.

Or, there has been some speculation that he might be freaked out by 5G, and that could have been the motivation for an attack on ATT.

Or, he might have gotten kicked out of a bar or restaurant right next door...who knows?

Hopefully the Bureau can piece it together. I know the people of Nashville would certainly feel safer if they knew why he did this.

I will say from what I’m hearing, they are trying to avoid putting the terrorism because if they do insurance won’t cover anything for most of these businesses

I will say from what I’m hearing, they are trying to avoid putting the terrorism because if they do insurance won’t cover anything for most of these businesses
The FBI is not going to play games like that. If it's terrorism, they will call it that.

Local politicians may play like that, but not the FBI.

Why wouldn't insurance cover a terrorist attack?
Commercial insurance policies may exclude damage as a result of a terrorist act. A separate policy for terrorist acts may need to be purchased, and I'd think most businesses won't buy it.

Well, the mailings should help the "not terrorism" stuff - it's not right wing, it's not left wing, it's just absolutely nuts...https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/nashville-bombers-bizarre-writings-reveal-belief-in-aliens-and-lizard-people

When a guy writes this to his friend -
On another page Warner wrote about 9-11 conspiracy theories, ending with the statement "The moon landing and 9-11 have so many anomalies they are hard to count."

Warner later wrote that "September 2011 was supposed to be the end game for the planet," because that is when he believed that aliens and UFO's began launching attacks on earth.

He wrote that the media was covering up those attacks.

But Warner's writings grow even more bizarre when he wrote about reptilians and lizard people that he believed control the earth and had tweaked human DNA.

"They put a switch into the human brain so they could walk among us and appear human," Warner wrote.

Well, the mailings should help the "not terrorism" stuff - it's not right wing, it's not left wing, it's just absolutely nuts...https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/nashville-bombers-bizarre-writings-reveal-belief-in-aliens-and-lizard-people

On another page Warner wrote about 9-11 conspiracy theories, ending with the statement "The moon landing and 9-11 have so many anomalies they are hard to count."

Warner later wrote that "September 2011 was supposed to be the end game for the planet," because that is when he believed that aliens and UFO's began launching attacks on earth.

But Warner's writings grow even more bizarre when he wrote about reptilians and lizard people that he believed control the earth and had tweaked human DNA.

"They put a switch into the human brain so they could walk among us and appear human," Warner wrote.
To be honest, I thought you were joking at first! But then I saw the same story on Reuters.

Pretty bizarre, although I have to admit that those pesky lizard people make me a little uneasy too.

It's up to the Treasury Department to determine if it's an act of terrorism. That would invoke the law where the US government helps to cover terrorism insurance, which a lot of insurers didn't want to cover until it was required. It's a no lose situation for the insurers. The feds pretty much cover the losses if it's considered a terrorist act. The insurance companies aren't liable for standard coverage. I'd think they would want it to be declared as such.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/fin-mkts/Documents/TRIP_Certification_Report.pdf
That being said, I can't see the federal government not stepping in if some of these businesses weren't insured for terrorist acts.

Yeah, to me he just doesn't seem like a terrorist -- but I've been wrong before...often, lol.

He just strikes me as a guy with real serious problems that finally overwhelmed him. This latest info seems like more of the "saying goodbye" behavior that many suicidal people exhibit right before they act.

It's possible he had a grudge against ATT because his father worked for BellSouth, which was spun off from ATT many years ago. If his father's career ended unhappily, he could harbor a grudge and that might be why he set the bomb off there.

Or, there has been some speculation that he might be freaked out by 5G, and that could have been the motivation for an attack on ATT.

Or, he might have gotten kicked out of a bar or restaurant right next door...who knows?

Hopefully the Bureau can piece it together. I know the people of Nashville would certainly feel safer if they knew why he did this.

Thanks for the reply. This whole thing is so bizarre. I just think there must be something more we don't know.

He definitely sounds like he was way out there, but this still doesn't explain why he would choose suicide via bomb at that particular location. Even delusional people usually have a motive for doing something like this. It would make more sense, if there's a letter somewhere that says he thought he was helping the aliens attack our infrastructure.

He definitely sounds like he was way out there, but this still doesn't explain why he would choose suicide via bomb at that particular location. Even delusional people usually have a motive for doing something like this. It would make more sense, if there's a letter somewhere that says he thought he was helping the aliens attack our infrastructure.
Yeah, I was just getting ready to post something similar.

I still want to know why that particular location (which we're all assuming targeted ATT). He might have thought the lizard people had infested 5G and that building was their local HQ, but it's also an interesting coincidence that his father worked for ATT.

I also wonder if there was some motive for the date of the suicide, other than just attracting a lot of attention.

His thought process -- no matter how deranged -- was certainly very complex, and very thorough. He planned this thing for a LONG time.

Sorry! Been working all day.

As far as the insurance thing, that's just what i keep seeing our local news tossing out. The last time that had a major event, the 100 year flood, i don't think insurance covered them then but that's been well over 10 years now.

As of now two buildings will have to be demolished, 10 are deemed unsafe and unable to enter. 3 are deemed unsafe due to potential of falling glass but entry allowed.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...ngs-destroyed-several-more-unsafe/4110290001/

I think he's a terrorist, homegrown and white, but a terrorist nonetheless.

I read somewhere... Think you could find that article, please?

My guess .

Regarding finding the article for him having an issue with the 5g network, it was on all the news channels as speculation from someone who knew him. Oops the part you bolded with my 5g network comment did not show up on the quote.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter