Exploding Packages in Austin!

Not to jinx the world or anything but I had always kind of been surprised there were never more Una-bomber style attacks since the increase in terrorism/mass shootings started. With the exponential increase in packages to the home in the Internet/Amazon Prime era I fear it would be quite deadly. Hopefully this isn't the beginning of that trend.

That is truly frightening! I hope they catch this guy quickly so he can't endanger anybody else.

Our metrorail was shut down today because of a suspicious package. The copycats are going to be out in force. I have to admit I stepped outside today and found a package that gave me pause. Our city is on hyper alert right now.

So this person has changed the way he delivers the bomb, or they have another psycho on their hands in Austin.
Hope they catch the person/s soon and the people in Austin can rest a little easier.

Just to clarify, I was making no attempt at profiling anybody and used the word "guy" in a generic sense while making no assumptions about the perpetrator. I don't want my use of a casual saying to start a whole controversy.

Yet another bomb. This one exploded at a FedEx facility in San Antonio, but it was apparently in a package headed to Austin. It reportedly contained metal shrapnel and nails.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/2...-building-outside-san-antonio-police-say.html
I also heard that it actually came from Austin and was going back to Austin. But you can't take that for certain at this point.

http://www.kens5.com/article/news/c...t-schertz-fedex-ground-facility/273-530099585

CBS News reported that one person received minor injuries from the blast, possibly a concussion and was expected to be OK. An FBI agent told CBS the box was being mailed from Austin and was headed to Austin. The agent said that "it’s more than possible" that this package is related to the explosions that have occurred in Austin in recent days.

The Austin bomber is DEAD! Blew himself up into smithereens during a showdown with a S.W.A.T. team. :duck: He saved everyone having to go through a trial and wasting money to keep him in prison. :thumbsup2

And the ATF DID get him via creating a criminal profile. They meticulously put all the little pieces of a bomb together and was able to put together the bomber's signature (way he usually worked in past, known criminal dealings or bombmaking.)

There actually is a Criminal Minds episode in which the profilers catch a bomber in the same way. Only that bomber didn't get to blow himself up when caught. It was one of the episodes during the first season. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter