Expiration date requested by merch CMs!

Our AP cards have always had our names, but not the expiration - yes - I can pull up the expiration in MDE and show it that way.

I also usually just use DVC and don't worry about it - but my conversations with the CMs this time were very confusing (and I couldn't pass up the 30% discount for APs going on now!)
And this is seems to be why they were asking to see the expiration date -- you were using the 30% AP discount....not the DVC discount. Yes, it shows under your affiliations on MagicMobile, but for whatever reason Disney thought it better to use MagicMobile for DVC and MDE for AP.

I was there two weeks ago. Never once asked for an expiration date for anything, and only once asked for an ID for my AP discount.
I also had no issues with bags, got one with every purchase, with no issues or comments. I do recall several years ago they said they were doing away with them, but so far, I still got them.

I thought Disney was expensive, skiing can make Disney vacationing look like a hobby!
We have a really long winter where I live (Canada), and there are not a whole lot of activities to do in winter other than skiing/snowboarding and hockey. I tell DH we're going to have to spend a week at Disney to save money :rotfl:

Last edited:
I had a similar experience as the OP. It wasn't that the expiration date was specifically requested, but it was requested to see the page in MDE where you can see the pass (and the expiration date is there). In my case I originally showed was what I thought we were supposed to (my wallet on my iphone, where it clearly says "DVC Y, Annual". The merch CM did not understand what I was showing and made me exit out to show my annual pass in MDE. He did seem confused and said they were always changing things, he was not rude at all (and neither was I), I just politely clicked to the page he wanted to see (which did show the expiration date). This was on Sept 30.

Currently here, and have been using the magic mobile card in my digital wallet for both DVC an AP discounts. Only one CM has asked to see my ID and none have asked to see an expiration date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter