Experiences with QSFB?

You can survive without knowing any foreign languages but you'll have to get good with hand motions! You'll start figuring out how to tell what people are trying to tell you when they're speaking another language just based on their movements.
Plus it's more than likely that you'll have co-workers who do speak spanish or whatever language and they can help you out when you can't understand someone.

I can vouch for this. I don't work there (yet!) but from working at McDonald's in an area that has a lot of hispanic and asian people, you learn which hand motions mean which food. I am horrid with languages, but it's not too hard to get by. If it really comes down to it, grab the nearest person that knows the language, and watch to see if you can recognize anything for future experiences.

Would anyone mind PMing me with the number or email that I can use to request a location? I really would like to request to work at Casey's Corner, but I have no clue who to contact! And would it be too much to ask if I could be put it Casey's COrner, but if that weren't possible to do ODF? I do NOT want to seem demanding!

I would also apreciate it if someone could give me the number and/or email for the person I'm supposed to contact to request a work location. Thanks =)

I would also apreciate it if someone could give me the number and/or email for the person I'm supposed to contact to request a work location. Thanks =)

To request a location you just email the general College Program email: wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com

I requested a location through that email and got a response back saying that there were no guarantees but it would be noted in my file, which is apparently the same email everyone gets when they make a request. I think requesting 1 or 2 places is fine, but i wouldn't put any more than that. Just a short, polite email saying "I know there are no guarantees, but if possible I'd like to work at _____. Thanks!" should be sufficient :) It seems to have worked for me in the past ;)

I requested Outdoor Foods at the Magic Kingdom and never heard back. Should I resend the email?

I don't think emails are the most efficient way to get in contact. I've emailed a few times for various questions/requests and never heard back, but nothing is wrong with my email because I get other emails from them. I ended up calling twice. I'm considering calling to request a specific location, even though I've already requested ODF, I want to get more specific.

As far as the number, I don't have it off hand but it isn't hard to find. It's the main college program number and when you call it gives you options, like press this for this and there's a number you can press to speak about questions and requests.

I'm want to be surprised!I feel like knowing/potentially annoying the DCP people might ruin the fun. It would also bring huge amounts of stress/disappointment if I didn't end up getting what I wanted in the end.

I'm just going to keep cool :cool2:

I'm want to be surprised!I feel like knowing/potentially annoying the DCP people might ruin the fun. It would also bring huge amounts of stress/disappointment if I didn't end up getting what I wanted in the end.

I'm just going to keep cool :cool2:

That's almost how I feel. I may or may not end up calling to request a specific location. I've debated about it for months. I start June 13th so it's probably getting too close to request by now anyway. Like you, I've just been thinking about not annoying them and how I might like a surprise. Karma may do me right by knowing that even though I did NOT want QSFB, I'm being a good sport and accepting it and not being annoying asking for a specific place, so maybe I'll get put in a place I want. haha. Horrible rationale there.

I just want to work at an ice cream only place so bad. Auntie Gravity's or Aloha Isle for example would be my top picks. I already called and requested ODF though so I don't know what to do.

That's almost how I feel. I may or may not end up calling to request a specific location. I've debated about it for months. I start June 13th so it's probably getting too close to request by now anyway. Like you, I've just been thinking about not annoying them and how I might like a surprise. Karma may do me right by knowing that even though I did NOT want QSFB, I'm being a good sport and accepting it and not being annoying asking for a specific place, so maybe I'll get put in a place I want. haha. Horrible rationale there.

I just want to work at an ice cream only place so bad. Auntie Gravity's or Aloha Isle for example would be my top picks. I already called and requested ODF though so I don't know what to do.

Aw, cool! My arrival date is June 13th too! I also want to work at an ice cream place. Maybe we'll work together ;)

I'm nearing the end of my program after doing QSFB at Cosmic Ray's in the Magic Kingdom. I'm trained in cash and counter. Some thoughts...

* It is a higher paid role. I make $8.31 an hour (MK premium location pay)

* It is the THIRD busiest fast food restaurant IN THE WORLD at the moment (was second until a couple months ago)

* With that said, on days when it's busy, it's not uncommon to have cashiers ring nearly 100 transactions in an hour, sometimes more.

* On days when it's not as busy as anticipated, it's very likely that you'll be able to go home early

*Most nights, the latest you'll ever be stuck there is 1 hour after park closing. On EMH, Cosmic's only stays open until 1 am. Grad nights (like tonight!! :scared1:) it's possible to be there until 5:15 am.

* I usually get between 38-45 hours a week these days. The most I was ever scheduled was 55.

* A few of the roles are extremely high in guest interaction, some not so much.

* It can get hectic and overwhelming when it's busy very quickly. Some guests will complain about anything and everything. Heck, alot of guests will complain about anything and everything even when it's not busy.

*It would be extremely useful (as it would be in all CM jobs at Disney) to have a basic understanding of a foreign language (especially Spanish/Portuguese)
I probably know you. I also work at the counter at Cosmic Rays.

Other things...

*Our pay has increased from $7.56 to $7.65. Total = $8.40 (including MK $0.75 premium)

*We're mainly busy during lunch. We have a small rush during dinner, but not as bad as lunch. Other than that, it's dead for the most part.

*We do door control during lunch (I hate it). Basically, we only let guests in certain doors and tell them that they can't enter through other doors. Also, if they want to sit where Sunny Eclipse is, then we have to make sure they have their food before they are seated. We also have to find a table for them if they want to sit there.

**Door control FYI: People who are in charge of the doors stand outside in the heat. Lovely...

*There are a lot of Haitians working at Cosmics and they can be rude.

*Counter positions: Fillers 1-12 (the people who give you your food), counter stocker, 2 drink stations at every bay (3 bays), topping bar, rails greeter (sweep around topping bar), topping bar stocker, and condiment bar.

*Greeter positions: Bay greeters, sometimes you will be opening doors for guests, people doing door control

*Guests ask the same questions over and over again, but you gotta remember that they are just asking a question.

*Guests change their minds a lot, which annoys the kitchen people a lot because they have to remake the food. The drinks person may get annoyed too because they make the drinks that are shown on the monitor.

Would anyone mind PMing me with the number or email that I can use to request a location? I really would like to request to work at Casey's Corner, but I have no clue who to contact! And would it be too much to ask if I could be put it Casey's COrner, but if that weren't possible to do ODF? I do NOT want to seem demanding!

Not sure if this has been covered but my daughter works at Casey's. When you work at Casey's you are part of a team that covers Casey's, the Main Street Bakery and the Ice Cream Store.

She often works very late. Last night/this morning to 5:30. Tonight she is scheduled till 4:30 but expects it to be later since quite a few called in sick tonight. It is currently grad night weekend

I definitely wouldn't care if I had to work late hours if I got to work at those locations on Main Street. Unlike another poster, I don't really care about Casey's, but if it alternated between the bakery and the ice cream place... omgggggg dream come true. I so have my fingers crossed for somewhere I will enjoy.

Reading all this stuff about Cosmic Ray's is bringing back memories of the tougher side of QSFB, I mean it was never really that gruesome but there were moments you wanted whack a guest with an ice scoop.

I remember we had this lady who called my manager to complain about me because I took too long to give her EXTRA BBQ sauce. W
We were super busy, and out of BBQ sauce and me being nice told her to give me a few an went to ANOTHER restaurant to get some.
She repays me by telling my boss I took too long and her sandwich is cold and she wants a new one.

I had to spend 10min in his office hearing the always please the guest lecture.
I feel like I should of gotten a medal for dealing with that horrible lady with a constant smile on my face.
Moral of the story? While I loved my job there will be those days and those moments when it's just blech

My 1st CP I worked at All Star Music Food Court. They let u know what kind of shoes etc you will need. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but I got lucky & ended up in a resort with AC. I have life long friends from CP as well. Your days go by fast & you will be busy. :) Have fun! :woohoo:

Having never worked before and assigned to QSFB, what is the best place to work if I request a choice? Thanks.

I'm a CP and it's just day 3 of our training and I can already tell I'm going to dislike working at my assigned location. I want to give it a week or two in order to get more comfortable, but if I can't deal with it is there any way that I would be able to switch assignments? Like stay in QSFB, but move to a different location if I'm really not cut out for where I'm at?

You can try asking. But unfortunately they really only switch locations because of medical reasons, or failing the assessment

I'm on day 4 of training but I absolutely hate the role of QSFB in general. Hate it. It's gotta be the hardest role here. I knew I wouldn't like it, but came down with a positive attitude anyway (it will be bad if you go in with a bad attitude) and it's actually worse than I thought it'd be. But I don't expect to be able to do anything about it. I wish anybody that does try to change locations or roles luck though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter