Experiences using child VKL vouchers on adult menu?

ladbrandy

Earning My Ears
I do have 3 children under 6, but they dont really want RFC food for the most part they wont be eating much. Is it true I can order off the adult menu and then eat it myself? Any other restaurants where they will let this happen?

Thanks,

KAren

(I couldnt find adult vouchers for less than $50 each on ebay, so this is my next best bet)

We (myself, DD 6 and DH) went to RFC in February, armed with 1 adult and 1 child VKL :sunny: .
I was all set to have DD order her chicken tender meal with the kids voucher, use the adult voucher and then pay for extra sides until the server came to us and insisted we use the kids voucher to order off the main menu and just pay for DD's meal and drink! :goodvibes
I felt a little bad at first until I figured that the more he got us to spend the bigger his tip would be at the end of it ;)
Don't know about any other places though. RFC is the only one I've seen posted :flower:

My 15 yo son and myself just returned Friday from a 10 day WDW trip. I had 4 child VKL vouchers that we used at AK RFC on 2 visits. Each time I asked our server how they could be used. If we had to order off the children's menu, I would be fine with that. That was definitely not the case. On our first visit we each got one of their Icee drinks in a souvenier(?) cup ($6.99 each), 2 appetizers (~ $8 each) and the filet/ 1/2 lobster combo ($39.99 each), I had the apple cobbler dessert (HEAVEN!!) and my son got a fruit platter to go. After tax and tip, our total was ~$155!!! Not bad for my $25 investment for 2 child's vouchers. Our next visit was the following week with friends and their 2 daughters. With the other 2 child's vouchers we got one Icee drink and one smoothie the Awesome Appetizer sampler to share with our friends ($14.99), another filet and 1/2 lobster combo ($39.99), the steak/ribs/shrimp combo (~ $24.99) and a Volcano ($12.99 ?) to share with everyone. I didn't see the bill this time, but I'm guessing it was ~ $130. Again, what a deal for $25. I wish I had known earlier that our friends would be joining us, as I would have picked up a few vouchers for them. I sure hope there are ones issued with an expiration date past 5/31/05 so I can use them on our trip in June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter