expedition everest drop question

dkhillerud

Mouseketeer
ok, so I have done as much searching as I could, this is the info that I have found (not saying that it is correct!)

The drop on splash mtn is 52 feet at a 45 degree angle.
The drop on expedition everest is 80 feet.

My question is what is the angle of the EE drop??

Sorry I don't know the answer, but I can say it is a bit more than Splash Mt. I wouldn't say much more, just a tad bit.
I can say that it doesn't seem as bad as you think because at the bottom you start to angle left which changes the feeling you get from the "fall".

I can't seem to find the angle of decent of the main drop. I was able to find this though:

Mountain height 199 feet
Ride height 112 feet
Largest drop 80 feet
Ascent Angle 32°

Source

I was in the front car two weeks ago...It is such a fast drop/turn that it isn't like Splash Mountain. You literally go from stopped in the cave to "blasting" out of it. I would be interested to know the angle as well.

I think the Splash Mountain drop is more intense than the EE drop. Like a PP said, the EE drop banks at the bottom. I never get that big drop in the stomach on EE-I don't think the angle is as much as Splash Mountain's either. Love EE, BTW, and I'm not a big thrill ride person.

Yep, the way the track starts to turn at the bottom of EE makes it feel like less of a drop than Splash. I HATE the drop in Splash (but do it b/c it's my dd's favorite ride) but I LOVE EE and that drop doesn't bother me. I also think it's a mind thing for me, I'm STRAPPED IN in EE and not in Splash, so I feel more secure.

Since it's curved and banked, not a straight drop like Splash Mountain,you won't be able to find the exact angle anywhere. It feels completely different than the drop on SM.

The drop on EE isn't bad at all. Take it from a coaster chicken, I have done it at least once every trip. The turn makes it seem less than it is. The drop for splash mountain seem worse since your are going straight down. It really isn't bad - I have more of a problem with the going backward part.

Anyone know about the ToT drops? Ive yet to ride it because I cant stand hills. But I can do Splash Mountain and EE.

ToT is a whole different feel. I have only had the nerve to do this once and of course I was "lucky" enought to get the 4 drops. You actually feel like you are coming out of your seat (at least I did). The coaster hills have an angle to them but on ToT it is literally straight down. I gladly do the coasters but ToT is now only ridden by DH and DS.

You have all just helped me explain to my wife how the drop is on EE. She was worried about it and I kept telling her about the curve at the end and how it totally makes the drop easy. She, of course, thinks I'm tricking her. Now she can see that I am being truthful! :thumbsup2

Anyone know about the ToT drops? Ive yet to ride it because I cant stand hills. But I can do Splash Mountain and EE.
LOL..if you can't stand hills then Tower of Terror is perfect for you. No hills...just a straight, vertical drop (or should I say several of them).
Imagine being in an elevator when the cable suddenly snaps and you plummet to the basement....
No hills.

LOL..if you can't stand hills then Tower of Terror is perfect for you. No hills...just a straight, vertical drop (or should I say several of them).
Imagine being in an elevator when the cable suddenly snaps and you plummet to the basement....
No hills.
I'm sure *that* was helpful :lmao:! I think ToT is more about a floating feeling than the G-force push back on a roller coaster. A roller coaster also has the visual component of looking down the track at the top of the hill that is not there (as much) for ToT.

OP, have your wife sit in a middle car in the EE train. The back is pretty fast.

I had a problem with the backwards part before the drop. It feels like you left your stomach down below and your body is jolted backwards straight up...I didn't like that at all!!! :eek:

I had a problem with the backwards part before the drop. It feels like you left your stomach down below and your body is jolted backwards straight up...I didn't like that at all!!! :eek:

Same here, I may not ride EE again because of it. Love the rest of the ride though.

Take it from a coaster chicken as well, EE is ok. It is what limit of what I can do coaster wise, but still enjoy it.

The first time I rode it I didn't learn all the "ins and outs" of the ride, so I didn't know what was coming. So I didn't know when the drop was, we were half way down and almost banking before I realized it (because it starts in the tunnel).
If your wife isn't aware of when she'll drop she won't notice it and then it will be over before she can react.
Of course the next time she rides it.....a different story.

But really it is ok. The middle of the train is best.

Thanks for all the replies everyone!!

I am actually the wife here...and in this case the mother! I posted because I am trying to figure out a way to get my son on splash mtn. He rode EE when he was 5 and hated it, we couldn't get him on any other ride for the rest of the trip.

Three years later, he is now 8 and STILL doesn't want to do rides. He did recently ride on the log chute ride at the mall of america with me and in looking that drop up it is very similar to the drop in splash mtn. Also, since you aren't strapped in for that ride I thought maybe I could get him to try splash on our upcoming trip.

NOPE, he still can't get over that drop in EE. I thought that maybe if I could show him that EE was a much longer, and steeper drop that might help. BUT, sounds like most people think splash is worse. (I have ridden on both and as a roller coaster chicken, LOVED both and even went on to ride RnRC which I never thought I would!)

All this being said, should I just leave well enough alone. If he doesn't want to ride should I stop trying to convince him? Does anyone else have "older" kids that won't do rides??

Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter