Excuse a newbie but

Ronan

New Tittle:
Where can I find info on pro's and con's of DVC ownership?

We just returned from WDW and had a great sales pitch.
We just need to be swayed a little.

I don't have an official list of pro's and con's all I can say is that my DH did the "numbers" a few years back and decided it wasn't a good idea....THEN we went to WDW and ended up staying at BWV and he realized that you have to look at more then the numbers....what you get for you money at DVC is far more superior then we could ever afford when just renting a room.....

It was the best money we every spent 4 years ago...then we added on at about 2 years into it....I'd love to add on again but I want an "ADDITION" to my house so I'm going to postpone for a year or two...

If you are WDW fans and plan to go at least yearly...then seriously consider...DVC is the best....:D :D :D :D

I think the best PRO's and con's would be from reading through the threads on these boards.

We joined in March 2002 and added on in October 2002, we've already made one trip to VB and will be taking a Magic Cruise this coming August.

At first we thought we couldn't afford DVC, now we realize, we couldn't afford not to be a member.

You are the only person who knows your vacation habits, but if you are a repeat visitor to WDW and you like to stay on-property, then DVC ownership might be for you. There is a thread farther along on this site ( onpage 2, I think) where an accountant asked the same question. You might want to check that out.

I have owned DVC since 1997, and I was the hold-out in our family. I couldn't believe that any place was better than Caribbean Beach;) Now I know that lots of places are better, and they are all DVC resorts! If you are a financial person, you might be interested to know that when I joined, the price per point was $54--it's now $84, and I could sell my points tomorrow for $72 on the resale board. That means that not only would I make money, but my vacations for 6 years (so far) would have been free. My vacations basically cost me maintenance fees, which is about $48 per night for a studio. It's true that nothing is guaranteed, but my IRA isn't guaranteed either, and you can guess what has happened to that!! I just know that I have loved my vacations over the years, so even if the cost of the points "tanks" I will get my use from them. Do I regret joining? Not for one minute!! I just wish I had joined sooner!:p

If you have children, buy! If not, take a good look at the DVC resorts and determine whether or not you would be happy spending all of your vacations there. Using your points for Disney hotels, the Concierge Collection, and the Adventure Collection is not a good use of the points. (although we all have done it) If you satisfied with staying in moderate hotel rooms, then Disney may not be the choice. But if you like the idea of staying in a one or two bedroom condo-like setting, a timeshare is great. In fact, after a while it is hard to go back to staying in a typical hotel room. My biggest dissatisfaction with Disney is that I book my vacations within a 30 day window. There is never any vacancy, because Disney is allowed to rent any available rooms within a 60 day window. However, if you are able to book your vacations further ahead, then you will be fine. When you tire of visiting Disney, then rent your points on the board and take your vacation elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter