excursions?

brandand

Mouseketeer
Just wondering about shore excursions in Nassau and Castaway Cay. What are good ones to do. We will have a 1 year old and a 6 year old with us. Has anyone visited Atlantis? If so, how far away is it and do you have to take a cab or what? Thanks for the help. This is our first cruise.

hi,
We have done atlantis. You can book through DCL and you will be taken by bus and then given a guided tour of the Dig. The tour moves fast, but once it is over you can go back through at your own pace as many times as you want in the same day, just show your wrist bands at the entrance. The main part is stroller friendly but there are some stairs to Navigate outside towards the end of the tour. I would advise an umbrella type so you can quickly and easily fold it and carry the youngest child, since the guides are on a tight schedule and want to keep moving. The viewing windows are perfect for little kids, they pretty much go floor to ceiling so it is a great view.
You can also take ataxi from the port to Atlantis and buy your admission tickets there. I dont know the price differences or cab fares. We just took DCL so we didnt have to worry about anything.
This would be a good excursion for little kids to do. I would NOT advise the glass bottom boat for them. It can get quite rough, and the boat was dirty. You would have to hold the kids up to see the glass window in the bottom of the boat because it has a wooden wall around the window area. We did this once, but never again, we saw almost no fish and they said it was too choppy to go out and see the ship wreck.
I hope this helps you some. Please let me know if I can answer anything else about Atlantis for you.
I'm sure you will all have a magical cruise,
mom x4,grandma x4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter