Exchanging Explorer tix for Annual Passes

SkiTeton

Earning My Ears
We have 4 3-park Explorer tickets for our upcoming vacation. They were part of a package we booked thru Universal. I keep seeing people say that they have traded other types of tickets in for Annual Passes or simply upgraded to park-to-park, etc.

Has anyone traded a 3-park Explorer ticket in for an annual pass? What is the price difference? Is there any advantage to doing this? We likely won't be back in less than 12 months so a return trip on an annual pass won't happen. What about discounts? Can they discounts our current room reservation? Or dining discounts?

We have 4 3-park Explorer tickets for our upcoming vacation. They were part of a package we booked thru Universal. I keep seeing people say that they have traded other types of tickets in for Annual Passes or simply upgraded to park-to-park, etc.

Has anyone traded a 3-park Explorer ticket in for an annual pass? What is the price difference? Is there any advantage to doing this? We likely won't be back in less than 12 months so a return trip on an annual pass won't happen. What about discounts? Can they discounts our current room reservation? Or dining discounts?

It will just be the difference in price. People generally upgrade to get the hotel discount or if they will be coming back again. If you already have a package, they won't discount your room reservation. Most likely the AP rates won't still be available and you have locked into a deal when you booked your package. If you didn't book a package and AP rates were still available, you could alter your room price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!