Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this guide, although paying with the band is a nice perk I don't think it's worth it.

Just got one of those belt clips for a puck that I took out of one of my MB. Came with a little screwdriver and two screws. Putting the puck into the clip took less than a minute, even after fumbling the screws a bit.

We likely will be using on device to access MDE, so yes all are working off of my email and password.

Not sure why it's not working then. I thought maybe if it wasn't logged into the right account that might be the reason. I would think a call to their IT help would sort it for you.

Yes, using the same log in for website and app. The app does show all my fastpasses and dinner reservations, so that part works. It just isn't showing the magic bands and tickets. It also shows our memory maker package.

Yes, using the same log in for website and app. The app does show all my fastpasses and dinner reservations, so that part works. It just isn't showing the magic bands and tickets. It also shows our memory maker package.

my only thought on the website might be to delete your cookies from your browser (start with something liek internet explore (not edge, but old IE, it's still there)). maybe the cookie is coming up from an old account.

Magicbands are 25% off until 6/9/2017 right now at disneystore.com if anyone is interested or was on the fence of buying while staying offsite.

edit: use code MAGICBAND25 at checkout

Magicbands are 25% off until 6/9/2017 right now at disneystore.com if anyone is interested or was on the fence of buying while staying offsite.

edit: use code MAGICBAND25 at checkout

Can you use the magic slides on the new 2.0 bands??

Just got one of those belt clips for a puck that I took out of one of my MB. Came with a little screwdriver and two screws. Putting the puck into the clip took less than a minute, even after fumbling the screws a bit.

Just looking to purchase the magic keeper and the reviews on disneystore.com were not that great. Several said the puck didn't fit right. What are your thoughts on the accessory? Anyone else that has purchased one, please feel free to chime in.

Thanks in advance!

Several said the puck didn't fit right. What are your thoughts on the accessory?
Hmmm, I guess I don't understand the "didn't fit right" thing. Mine fit just fine. Wonder what their criteria was for a proper fit?

Just looking to purchase the magic keeper and the reviews on disneystore.com were not that great. Several said the puck didn't fit right. What are your thoughts on the accessory? Anyone else that has purchased one, please feel free to chime in.

I purchased the Carabineer one and had no issue getting the icon to fit correctly. I also put the icon in a Minnie Lanyard one for a friend with no issue.

Can you use the magic slides on the new 2.0 bands??

yes

Thanks in advance!
Hmmm, I guess I don't understand the "didn't fit right" thing. Mine fit just fine. Wonder what their criteria was for a proper fit?

I found the back disc a little difficult to get to click in on mine but once I got it to click in it was fine. My daughters went in a little easier. I don't agree with the disneystore comments and sounds like they just didn't do it right.

I don't think anything I said was incorrect and we don't really need a discussion about fastpasses in the magicband thread. The details will come out and I'm just giving a general warning that if you use a fastpass with a ticket that wasn't used to get into the park somethign will now happen.

I did add a see the fastpass thread if you need more information though.
Sorry, I don't want to make this into a FP thread, but I can't find the thread where this is discussed. I have an old MB and a hard ticket. The ticket and FP are linked and active. Can I use the MB, as long as it is still working, to get into the park? And if some reason it isn't working, can I then just use my hard ticket?

I have an old MB and a hard ticket. The ticket and FP are linked and active. Can I use the MB, as long as it is still working, to get into the park? And if some reason it isn't working, can I then just use my hard ticket?
Yes. Just make sure that your MB and ticket are listed on your MDE account. As long as they are, either one will work to get you into the park or for a FP

Yes. Just make sure that your MB and ticket are listed on your MDE account. As long as they are, either one will work to get you into the park or for a FP
Thank you. Yes they are both listed. We are staying off site this year, so no new MB for me, but next year...whoopee....we are staying in the parks. Thanks for taking the time to respond. It's greatly appreciated.

We have "old" magic bands (2014) and "new" magic bands (for this year's trip).

Do magic bands wear out? Or the batteries die? If so, how do we know when that happens? Do we have to bring both sets of bands on our trip in case the old ones don't work?

We have "old" magic bands (2014) and "new" magic bands (for this year's trip).

Do magic bands wear out? Or the batteries die? If so, how do we know when that happens? Do we have to bring both sets of bands on our trip in case the old ones don't work?

The batteries do die, but they're only needed for long range things like ride pictures - they're not needed for things where you touch the band to something, like opening your hotel door, entering the parks or using FP.

The batteries do die, but they're only needed for long range things like ride pictures - they're not needed for things where you touch the band to something, like opening your hotel door, entering the parks or using FP.
Yeah, that's what I was told as well. So as long as the MB is active in MDE (linked with tickets), it should work without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter