Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

If one receives a BG for EEH at the 6pm drop, is it possible the BG will called prior to the start of said EEH? Trying to see if it would be possible to not have GofG BG be an anchor during those extra two hours.

If one receives a BG for EEH at the 6pm drop, is it possible the BG will called prior to the start of said EEH? Trying to see if it would be possible to not have GofG BG be an anchor during those extra two hours.
The 2 times I’ve done it the boarding groups were called prior to official park close.

I looked at the clock on my phone 15 secs before 7 am and counted the seconds to hit refresh. I had already selected my party so when it changed to 7 am, I hit refresh and immediately clicked join queue. I turned off WiFi (my phone has been freezing during Mk bookings with WiFi). I’m using an iPhone 13 Pro.

By the time I got out of the screen it was already saying closed to new guests (within seconds) but all parks are sold out today so expecting heavy crowds at Epcot.

255FA8BE-3CCC-4151-8061-6EF7DC0C35EE.jpeg

Hi all,
I'll be arriving at Epcot around 4pm tomorrow and I'm not sure how to tackle the VQ. I could try to get one at 7a since we have park reservations but I'm guessing we'll almost certainly miss that return time. If we have park reservations, can I try for the 1p drop even if we haven't scanned in? I'm guessing that's a no but didn't find anything that addressed this particular scenario.

Apologies if this information is somewhere in this thread but I didn't see a clear answer in the first post.

From the first post: "At 7am, you do not have to be in Epcot.
At 1pm, you would have had to tap into Epcot beforehand. But you don't have to physically be in Epcot at 1pm as long as you tapped into the park earlier." (emphasis added)

There is no known exception for people who have Epcot park reservations. You have to have tapped into Epcot in order to try for the 1:00 drop.

Many people have reported showing up for their VQs long after the return time has expired and being allowed to ride. If you're not doing anything better at 7:00, I'd try for the VQ then and hope they let you ride after 4:00.

Not sure if you’ll want to move it earlier but if not, once your BG has been called you’ll be able to return anytime after it is called until park closing.
I know this has been the case, however when we were there around Dec 20 (can't remember which day we did EP) there was a group who was 15 minutes late for their VQ and the Cast Members made them go to Guest Services to see if they could get it moved. They would not let them into the line.

And honestly, the problem with letting people in any time after their boarding group is called is that it makes the line back way up the later in the day it gets. The whole point of the VQ is to keep the line shorter.

That said, they need to do a better job of giving an estimate first thing in the morning. We were initially given an estimate of 12:15p but got called at 9:10a. Luckily we are those who rope drop so were already in the park.

From the first post: "At 7am, you do not have to be in Epcot.
At 1pm, you would have had to tap into Epcot beforehand. But you don't have to physically be in Epcot at 1pm as long as you tapped into the park earlier." (emphasis added)

There is no known exception for people who have Epcot park reservations. You have to have tapped into Epcot in order to try for the 1:00 drop.

Many people have reported showing up for their VQs long after the return time has expired and being allowed to ride. If you're not doing anything better at 7:00, I'd try for the VQ then and hope they let you ride after 4:00.
Thank you! I read that but for some reason it wasn't clicking in my brain. Definitely plan to try at 7a, I just feel a little guilty knowing that I'm potentially taking it away from someone else and it may not even work.

Hi all,
I'll be arriving at Epcot around 4pm tomorrow and I'm not sure how to tackle the VQ. I could try to get one at 7a since we have park reservations but I'm guessing we'll almost certainly miss that return time. If we have park reservations, can I try for the 1p drop even if we haven't scanned in? I'm guessing that's a no but didn't find anything that addressed this particular scenario.

Apologies if this information is somewhere in this thread but I didn't see a clear answer in the first post.

Thank you! I read that but for some reason it wasn't clicking in my brain. Definitely plan to try at 7a, I just feel a little guilty knowing that I'm potentially taking it away from someone else and it may not even work.
Verrrry occasionally we hear of someone being given grief about missing their return time. I would try at 7AM and hooe for the best!!

Do you have to be in Epcot for the 6 pm VQ? We are heading there tonight for the extended hours, but really enjoying some resort time right now. We spent the morning/early afternoon at the Magic Kingdom.

I
Do you have to be in Epcot for the 6 pm VQ? We are heading there tonight for the extended hours, but really enjoying some resort time right now. We spent the morning/early afternoon at the Magic Kingdom.
I’m almost positive that no, you don’t have to be in the park to try for a 6PM drop.

I would feel better though if someone else who has been there confirms/denies this.

Last edited:
I can verify and checked with a CM that you can come back and ride the ride anytime after your VQ has been called. The VQ line when I checked was 55 min+ long and extended outdoors.

He did say that I needed to complete riding the VQ that I already have in order to be eligible for the 6 pm one (still questioning that logic as they should be separate and the ride was down earlier in the day).

The 6 pm VQ books for the extra evening hours (9-11 pm today).

0064C7E2-0FE3-4E6F-B47E-8ACD6A6AE4BD.jpeg
7C726F5C-AAE5-474E-BE4B-967F17E9C2B1.jpeg

Last edited:
Also, I turned off WiFi and grabbed the 6 pm LL (we did go into the park earlier, but I know you don’t have to for the 6 pm drop) from STK71 (budget 2 hours for any dining).

It worked! I got the 6 pm VQ drop sitting on the side of the Poly pool without having gone to Epcot earlier in the day. Thanks!
Thanks so much for confirming this!! It’s a question we had put out there a few times but hadn’t had anyone confirm their experience.

We will update post 1. Greatly appreciate your help!

I had friends with VQ and ILL.
They were both allowed in when they were hours late.
When using the VQ the CM made a comment, but still let them through.

Being late with the ILLs for all parks had no expiration
Still wondering if they are allowing regular LLs in with no expiration. Not seeing them disappear in the app when not used after the return time.

Last edited:
I got boarding group 1 yesterday and was called at 8:50 (before regular park opening at 9:00). I scanned in a few hours late no comment from CM. About 50 minutes from scan to butt in seat.

During 6:00 drop I got boarding group 167 and was called at 8:46 (before park close at 9:00). I did not scan in until like 10:10 again no comment. The VQ line was outside and much longer than the earlier line. It crawled until about 10:30 then started moving very quickly. About 60 min wait total till seated on ride. I saw lots of people using LL so either they were letting late LLs in or it could be DAS, not sure. But the line barely moved for a long time until suddenly it was constantly moving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter