Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

We got in line for our 6 pm 188 BG at 10:15pm and the CM with the end of the line sign said it will be around 55-60 mins and that was correct. People were getting antsy in line. Since we were out of the park around 11:15, we had very little wait for the monorail and walked to our room from the TTC (took us 30 mins).

Note for nausea: when I rode GOtG right after lunch (an hour before I rode) I felt dizzy for a good 15-20 mins. When we rode it during the EETPH I had eaten 3 hours earlier and I didn’t hold on to my seat and waved and moved with the ride, looking forward but not necessarily trying to focus on anything. I did not feel dizzy.

For reference: If you’ve ridden Space Mtn, that makes me dizzy if it’s dark but if I can see something I’m not dizzy at all (overlay during Christmas/New Years).

Thanks so much for confirming this!! It’s a question we had put out there a few times but hadn’t had anyone confirm their experience.

We will update post 1. Greatly appreciate your help!
I can confirm it also. It was back in mid-July, but DH and I got it while eating at B&C. We had not entered any parks yet.

We will be at Epcot on 12/31 and plan on trying for a BG. My son is traveling with his marching band. Their tickets are completely separate and will be given by the travel agency, I don't know what form they will be in. Is there any way he can try for a boarding group? Does anyone have experience with going to a cast member to ask for assistance if say, they didn't have a smart phone?
I wanted to add an update to my original post in case anyone else is searching for this info. My son was able to add his hard copy ticket to his MDE app. He then created a friends and family group with the 11 kids and the chaperone. He tried for the 7am boarding group and got #103 but two of the kids were not in it. He went to a GET when they got to the park and they were able to add the two kids into the boarding group.

Anyone know when Disney will (finally!) institute a standby line on this ride? C'mon, ROTR has one!
Probably not until Tron opens and even then, possibly not. This ride is still hugely popular with the AM VQ filling in minutes or even seconds.

Personally I’d take waiting in a VQ for hours far more than wasting half a park day standing in a physical queue.

I wanted to add an update to my original post in case anyone else is searching for this info. My son was able to add his hard copy ticket to his MDE app. He then created a friends and family group with the 11 kids and the chaperone. He tried for the 7am boarding group and got #103 but two of the kids were not in it. He went to a GET when they got to the park and they were able to add the two kids into the boarding group.

Hmm I'm going with a kid group at the end of the month and I'm disappointed to hear this! Seems like a lot of work! How do you add friends and family? Was it just their names? Epcot is our first day after landing at almost midnight so just wondering how much of a problem this will be.

Just learned that the party selection and refresh buttons don’t show up in the app until the morning of.

Last edited:
If we do the 6:59:59 thing, do we try to hit the button exactly when that appears, or right after seeing it?

Hmm I'm going with a kid group at the end of the month and I'm disappointed to hear this! Seems like a lot of work! How do you add friends and family? Was it just their names? Epcot is our first day after landing at almost midnight so just wondering how much of a problem this will be.
If you go to your MDE app and go to "My Profile" there is an option for "show my linking code". So you can have the person you are trying to add to your friends & family do that, then you can scan that code with your phone to add them. If you are not up for the 7am group you can always try for the 1pm one!

Two questions:

1. About how long has the wait been in "regular" line (virtual queue return) v. lightning lane?
2. Re: child swap with an infant, if both parents have a virtual queue spot or LL, is there even a point in using child swap? I'm not sure what you gain with child swap if both parents have a "reserved" spot anyway, via virtual queue or LL, and can basically return whenever.

Having a VQ spot allows you to enter the regular line which can is usually longer than the LL/ILL entry. I believe with child swap, the returning party enters via the LL and has a shorter wait.

Having a VQ spot allows you to enter the regular line which can is usually longer than the LL/ILL entry. I believe with child swap, the returning party enters via the LL and has a shorter wait.
Thank you.
What about in a situation with regular Genie+? If both parents have the same return time, and if we can both get the ride done without going past the return time, is there any point in using child swap?

Same idea. You all need to approach the person with the portable scanner, usually standing under a brown umbrella IIRC, before the end of the G+ window (and 15 minute grace period). They scan the returning guest(s) to add child swap access to those guest(s)'s ticket/MDE account. The first group goes through the regular line. The returning group later goes through the LL. Child swap is worthwhile whenever the Standby queue may become longer than the LL.

Same idea. You all need to approach the person with the portable scanner, usually standing under a brown umbrella IIRC, before the end of the G+ window (and 15 minute grace period). They scan the returning guest(s) to add child swap access to those guest(s)'s ticket/MDE account. The first group goes through the regular line. The returning group later goes through the LL. Child swap is worthwhile whenever the Standby queue may become longer than the LL.
Why would the first group have to go through the "regular" (standby, I presume) line if they all had Genie+ reservations? Shouldn't the first group use the lightning lane too?

If you wanted to ride guardians before leaving at noon, would you have two phones going, one to book the virtual queue and one to buy the ILL in case your group isn’t called on time? Or would you avoid going for the VQ at all?

EDIT: we just opted to purchase ILL - seemed too risky otherwise. It worked out.

Last edited:
Do virtual que boarding groups at 7 am all end before one? Or can you get a boarding group after 1 assigned at 7 am?

Do virtual que boarding groups at 7 am all end before one? Or can you get a boarding group after 1 assigned at 7 am?
No, there is no guarantee all will ride before 1PM as this would create a gap in guests as there is no standby line. Also, the ride can go down which would push things later too.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter